eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal withdrawal to bank still pending? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/90115-paypal-withdrawal-bank-still-pending.html)

ebaymobster 10-07-2015 08:13 PM

Paypal withdrawal to bank still pending?

Hi all,

This past sunday I made a withdrawal to my bank account from paypal, and as of now, it's still showing as pending. I also made a withdrawal to my bank account the day before, Saturday, and the funds hit my bank account on Monday.
I've only made about 4 withdrawals to my account, but they have always only taken two days to complete. Am I being impatient or paranoid by thinking something is wrong? Or do transfers really vary?
I've been doing this for years with various accounts, and they almost always have a completed withdrawal in two days. I haven't gotten the "reversed" or "on hold" message, just "pending" ever since sunday. If it helps, I'm using wells fargo as my bank.

Thanks

jeffweico 10-07-2015 09:00 PM

Re: Paypal withdrawal to bank still pending?

Most of the time, this is just a bank issue. I cannot say with 100% certainty that nothing is wrong here, but I don't think it is time to panic just yet. Because if PayPal had the intention of holding your money, they wouldn't keep it a secret, you would get an email saying your account was suspended and tell you what they wanted from you to get it reinstated (if not permanently banned).

If you don't get the money by Friday, then it would be time to start worrying.

ebaymobster 10-07-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 711963)
Most of the time, this is just a bank issue. I cannot say with 100% certainty that nothing is wrong here, but I don't think it is time to panic just yet. Because if PayPal had the intention of holding your money, they wouldn't keep it a secret, you would get an email saying your account was suspended and tell you what they wanted from you to get it reinstated (if not permanently banned).

If you don't get the money by Friday, then it would be time to start worrying.

I've called my bank asking if they had any pending direct deposits, and they said no. I haven't had many issues with paypal and my bank, but sometimes the deposits don't hit until 11 am EST, which I think is unusual, but not a big deal. I know my fellow employees seem to get their direct deposits sooner than I, and none of them use wells fargo, but I figured if it were an issue with the bank rejecting the transfer or something of that nature, I would have known by now.

jeffweico 10-07-2015 09:21 PM

My GUESS is that it will show up tomorrow morning.

ebaymobster 10-07-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 711966)
My GUESS is that it will show up tomorrow morning.

I hope you're right, but it doesn't say "completed" yet, still "pending". I will update if anything changes.

Bunneh 10-07-2015 10:11 PM

there has been issues with lots of withdrwals lately, taking longer than normal.

Maliquest 10-08-2015 01:13 AM

Had one over memorial day take 7 days. I think the holiday affected the transfer.

tazi2010 10-08-2015 06:38 AM

They often hold money for ages, sometimes even weeks, I'm sure its a bit of a scam from their side relating to interest earnings.

ebaymobster 10-08-2015 04:57 PM

It actually hit my bank today. Transferred Sunday night, in the bank on Thursday at 11 a.m.

jeffweico 10-08-2015 05:00 PM

That is good to hear. I THOUGHT it would hit today. Like I said, if PayPal were going to hold your money, they would just come out an tell you.

Trustfund 10-10-2015 10:05 AM

Paypal making money via interest from our money. Wouldn't put it past them

AccountMaster 10-10-2015 10:27 AM

I sent a PayPal gift to someone last week and it took the funds from my account but didnt show any activity, which was strange because gifts are supposed to be instant. I called PayPal and they said they have been having issues with all types of transfers. Sounds like you just got caught up in their technical difficulties so I wouldnt sweat it too hard just yet!