eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Adding a Bank Account to PayPal for Withdrawals (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/90223-adding-bank-account-paypal-withdrawals.html)

yellowpencil99 10-12-2015 06:15 AM

Adding a Bank Account to PayPal for Withdrawals

Hi Everybody,

I usually add a bank account for withdrawals to PayPal with no problem, but the last two times I have tried to add a bank account I am getting the message that it does not recognize my computer or something and they want me to get a text or phone call to verify before they will let me add the bank account.

If I add a tracfone to the paypal account, will it work for this verification process?

I have not tried it yet but was wondering if anyone else is having this same problem and how they resolved it?

Looking forward to your replies because this could become a major hurdle for us sellers.

Thanks

BTW These are seasoned ID's that have been used for selling for a while. They are aged accounts and have had no problems on eBay or PayPal. Also, I have been signing in with the same computer/modem, nothing has changed to trigger anything like this.

hAve 10-12-2015 06:37 AM

Re: Adding a Bank Account to PayPal for Withdrawals

had same error before while trying to withdraw, please allow minimum 4 hours (I would wait 24) and try again, it goes away by itself

plumsake2 10-13-2015 03:51 AM

This has been happening for quite some time now. The quickest/easiest fix is to go through the automated phone verification where they will text you a pin, or they call you and you enter the pin they give you. In order for it to work, you have to use the original phone number you used to create the account with. Adding a new phone number now will not work.

If you don't have the original number then yes waiting it out can work in some instances. But one thing to keep in mind is that if you're getting this message due to it being a particular bank that Paypal doesn't like (Ally/GMAC, Capital One 360, etc), then the message will not go away and you would need to successfully do the phone verification (or call and get them to manually add it).

This message can also pop up sometimes when trying to withdraw, so all in all it's best to have the phone active to not have to worry about it.

novemberrain1970 10-16-2015 08:05 AM

This happened to me when using a different IP address and computer from the one that I normally use. I was able to get the phone call and enter the code and it was fine. Were you on a different IP address?