eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Help! Verify phone number to Confirm Identity - Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/90573-help-verify-phone-number-confirm-identity-paypal.html)

Justicepain 10-24-2015 02:45 PM

Help! Verify phone number to Confirm Identity - Paypal

Having trouble with this.

Paypal is asking me to confirm my phone number to verify my identity to release the 21 day hold.

Simple enough, My Google voice is my verified number on paypal but it's saying it cant be verified. I choose a legit mobile number but the billing address is my mom's and it's saying that it can't verify the phone number.

How can i get this to work?

Chuckchamberlain12 10-24-2015 03:10 PM

Re: Help! Verify phone number to Confirm Identity - Paypal

Are you referring to the 21 day hold which is on all new Paypals for the first 90 days of transactions?

If so I would just wait it out. You're probably risking your account by having P/P try to verify a Google voice number. eBay knows when your phone number is Google voice, so chances are Paypal does too. You're also probably risking your account by having them attempt to verify a second phone number after the first one couldn't be verified.

Just play it safe and wait it out... 21 day hold is better than not being able to receive any payments.

Justicepain 10-24-2015 03:24 PM

I completed a successful sale already worth $900. It wasn't on ebay.

I changed my google voice number to my mom's number already and it's verified. However, to verify the identity, it's saying I have to use a different number because it can't verify my mom's number. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the address associated with my mom's number. It's different from my paypal address.

I was thinking of getting a mobile plan with the billing address associated with my paypal acount to verify my identity. that way i don't have to wait 90 days.

I just want to make sure it's an mobile number to address issue.

Breakthecycle2 10-24-2015 07:12 PM

So, you changed the original phone number? So in order to get the funds on your next sale released automatically, it's asking you to confirm identity with a call or a text?

MM78 10-24-2015 07:26 PM

I have found that once you change the number from the original number....it won't work anymore. Some have suggested to changing the browser and possibly trying to withdraw the funds with a mobile App....I've tried all of them and didn't work.

Justicepain 10-24-2015 08:29 PM

"We couldn't verify this phone number. Please choose a different phone number or add a new number. Click Cancel to confirm your identity a different way"

I have no issues transferring funds to my bank account. I just transferred Friday and should be at my bank by Monday. it's that 21 day hold that i want to get rid of.

I just clicked verify identity and usually it gives me a questionnaire but this time it just said to confirm my phone number. I just don't want to deal with the 21 day hold so i decided to just confirm my phone number and it didn't work because i think they know i was using google voice.

I switched to an original real number but the billing address on the real number is different.

I'm not switching the real number yet, maybe in a couple days it will work.. either way to get the 21 day hold off my account i need to wait 90 days?

would a t-mobile prepaid phone work?

Breakthecycle2 10-24-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justicepain (Post 716333)
"We couldn't verify this phone number. Please choose a different phone number or add a new number. Click Cancel to confirm your identity a different way"

I have no issues transferring funds to my bank account. I just transferred Friday and should be at my bank by Monday. it's that 21 day hold that i want to get rid of.

I just clicked verify identity and usually it gives me a questionnaire but this time it just said to confirm my phone number. I just don't want to deal with the 21 day hold so i decided to just confirm my phone number and it didn't work because i think they know i was using google voice.

I switched to an original real number but the billing address on the real number is different.

I'm not switching the real number yet, maybe in a couple days it will work.. either way to get the 21 day hold off my account i need to wait 90 days?

would a t-mobile prepaid phone work?

So in order to remove the 21 day hold, all you had to do was confirm your identity with a call or text, correct? I always use Google Voice to confirm my identity that way, it always works. If you changed the original phone number when creating the account, no other number will work for awhile.

Justicepain 10-24-2015 09:20 PM

That's all i had to do!

My google voice worked when i needed to confirm my phone number. They sent me a text and it was easy.

To confirm identity they had to give me a call on my google voice but they said try another number. unable to verify. So i used my mom's cell number and now it's saying to use another number unable to verify.

i don't know..maybe i'll wait but i'm seriously considering opening up a mobile line to match my paypal address. i think that's the issue.

** Either way do i still have to wait the 90 days to get the 21 day hold removed?

MM78 10-25-2015 10:37 AM

I've been saying it forever...must have access to the original number used with PayPal....some say they have never needed too do so but me personally aren't going to take that risk.