eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   unwanted change in ip-address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/90630-unwanted-change-ip-address.html)

epopom 10-26-2015 06:56 AM

unwanted change in ip-address

what is advised when unexpected/inevitable change of ip address will happen (within the country of course but may completely in a new range/block of ip which may be representing a completely different geolocation..)? for example in the case service suddenly stops by the provider whether its vps/vpn for any technical (like having to change your ip for the purpose of maintenance/moving servers etc) or even personal given reasons..

and how fast these changes in ip address can be when anything like this pops up that may considered normal to stay on the safe side?

ilcarletto 10-26-2015 07:00 AM

Re: unwanted change in ip-address

Don't get too paranoid on geo location of the IP adddress. It is important that it is in the same country but sometimes, could be located miles away from where you "should" be.
Most important, in my opinion are cookies. Do not delete them. This is the way eB/PP will recognise you as a "friend" ;)

epopom 10-26-2015 08:26 AM

i agree that the sensitivity may be differ from country to country and most probably lesser for small countries like countries inside europe where almost every country considered small-to-medium but i highly doubt thatd be the same for a vast country like china or u.s

yankee 10-26-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epopom (Post 716658)
i agree that the sensitivity may be differ from country to country and most probably lesser for small countries like countries inside europe where almost every country considered small-to-medium but i highly doubt thatd be the same for a vast country like china or u.s

No different. Dozens of threads about IP addresses being 3000 miles away in the USA.
All that matters is the same country.

epopom 10-26-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 716690)
No different. Dozens of threads about IP addresses being 3000 miles away in the USA.
All that matters is the same country.

even youre opening the account for the first time!

btw thanks guys obviously no expert and great to get to know about things here

yankee 10-26-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epopom (Post 716694)
even youre opening the account for the first time!

btw thanks guys obviously no expert and great to get to know about things here

Anytime.
All that matters is the IP is the same country.

I travel all over the USA multiple times a year. My IP is almost never in the same area more than a couple months at the absolute most. Usually not even a couple weeks at a time.

epopom 10-26-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 716698)
Anytime.
All that matters is the IP is the same country.

I travel all over the USA multiple times a year. My IP is almost never in the same area more than a couple months at the absolute most. Usually not even a couple weeks at a time.

Thanks.

now i have a clearer perspective compared to what initially came to my mind which was assuming having ip-changes like that to be considered normal and safe too if happening in a hourly/daily/weekly time-frame ..

also out of curiosity, good to know if the same applies for phone number..

epopom 10-28-2015 12:03 PM

still unclear if the same goes for phone number..

like as being suggested ideally youd try to get a phone number which also fulfills area code where the ip/address is from but if you couldnt then can a number from anywhere within the country be used?

btw please clarify if knowing the type of operator (landline/cellular/voip.. etc) is important here and depends on it

yankee 10-28-2015 12:26 PM

You should pick a phone number and keep it. No need to be changing numbers if you set up your accounts well.

newjerseymax 10-28-2015 01:45 PM

Its not very uncommon in the US for people to have area codes from various places.

There are so many people who move and keep original number. Since national calling is free, not like old days, most people keep phone number.

epopom 10-31-2015 03:46 AM

Much Thanks for clarifying