eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Recent sale being held "may not have been authorized" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/90645-recent-sale-being-held-may-not-have-been-authorized.html)

blockhead 10-26-2015 04:43 PM

Recent sale being held "may not have been authorized"

I know for a fact that it was authorized, so this looks like Paypal trying to find an excuse to freeze a payment for some reason.

They want me to fax or upload:

Quote:

proof of delivery, signed sales receipt or purchase order.
There was no shipping involved, it was an in-person sale of a piece of audio equipment. What do they mean by "signed sales receipt or purchase order" exactly?

Anyone been down this road that can lend a hand?

If they want a printed receipt with the signature of the buyer on it, I can do that. Is it something else they want? Please let me know what you think. Thanks a lot.

jeffweico 10-26-2015 05:30 PM

Re: Recent sale being held "may not have been authorized"

I have gotten this notice before a couple of times, although under different circumstances. Mine was from an eBay transaction. Their fraud detection felt the payment may have been made by someone other than the account holder. In one instance, they asked the cardholder who told them it was fine and that was the end of it. In the other instance, I had not sent the item and they said the account was compromised in some way. My fees were refunded and that was the end of it. The rep told me that if I HAD sent the item, seller protection would have covered me. Neither of these were held against me in any way.

I would contact the buyer and let them know what is going on. They can call PayPal and straighten it out. Unless it was the buyer in this case who claimed it was unauthorized. I am not sure how PayPal would handle that.

To ask for a signed sales receipt is kind of ridiculous. Usually when someone buys something from me, I don't ask them to sign anything.

MM78 10-26-2015 06:49 PM

Agree with Jeffweico, Contact the buyer and let them know about the situation.

blockhead 10-27-2015 09:29 AM

I contacted the seller, he didn't complain. Apparently Paypal feels this is a suspicious transaction or something. I have been moving a ton of merchandise this year, but this seems like a strange way for them to go about putting the clamps down on me

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 716775)
To ask for a signed sales receipt is kind of ridiculous. Usually when someone buys something from me, I don't ask them to sign anything.

Who usually signs a sales receipt, the buyer or the seller?

Haidukken 10-27-2015 10:07 AM

I had one of those couple of weeks ago and the funds are still being held. I contacted the buyer right away to let him know that there will be a delay for as long as Paypal holds the funds and luckily he was perfectly fine with it, but now its been about 2-3 weeks and still no response from Paypal.

I submitted my short novel to PP, asked them to cancel the transaction because of "possible security concerns on their side" and thanked them for looking after me. Unfortunately the funds are still being held and I was just talking to the customer yesterday and we both are getting kind of fed up.

Weird situation, I just hate to see my customer waiting like this. Not professional at all, considering its PP who is causing the delay, but if my customer is not happy, it'll affect my eBay.

Typical, thats all I can say.