Paypal confirm identity by calling number listed but number can't be verified? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Paypal confirm identity by calling number listed but number can't be verified?

PayPal is prompting me with a 21 day hold alert and and it's asking to confirm my identity by calling me to the number I listed. I am clicking call me and it says this:

Help us confirm your identity
Error Message

We couldn't verify this phone number. Please choose a different phone number or add a new number. Click Cancel to confirm your identity a different way.
To help us confirm your identity, we'd like to give you a call to make sure that this phone is linked to your account.

Your phone number: 30xxx4699 (Mobile)

When would you like us to call you?
Call me now
Call me in a minute

My phone number is a legit phone number PREPAID T-Mobile/SIM inside a flip phone. It's the original number that I used to set up the account.. It's NOT a google voice or any of that. I'm not getting a prompt when trying to withdraw or anything like that. It's just an alert on paypal on right hand side when I log in. Everything seems to be working fine..

What the heck? Do I just add a new number as it says? I have never used this number with any other account. Any IDEAS? What do I do, I don't want to F up.

Last edited by access0ner; 11-24-2015 at 10:00 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2015

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Paypal confirm identity by calling number listed but number can't be verified?

add a diferent phone or call paypal and they will take care of this situation in 1m. thats a bug
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Paypal confirm identity by calling number listed but number can't be verified?

Yea but thrn they really might try verifying my identity ..
Old 11-26-2015

Longevity: 56%

Same thing which happens to people using voips. Most likely your number has been used with previous account. Thats why theyre confused - two identities with same phone number.
Using real number does not eliminate the chance of phone "been previously in use", it just reduces it significantly as voips are used MOSTLY for these things
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olekstom87 For This Useful Post:
archim (09-06-2020), Omis (08-17-2019)
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Wait a sec... There ARE other uses for VOIP lines. Such as a residential phone. And for a business phone. My local phone company charges $50+ per month for each line when you get done adding on the voicemail and other features. My VOIP service charges less than $10 per number. Also, my local phone company will never give me a line in my home that ends in 00 or 000. My VOIP provider will, and at no additional cost. So, there are MANY uses for VOIP lines that have nothing to do with eBay or PayPal.

Not to mention, TracFone numbers are frequently recycled. I activate a TracFone number and 5 minutes later I start getting calls from collection agencies looking for whoever had that number before me. Once, I even got a call from some law enforcement agency for a bad check the guy wrote. And sometimes, I even would get calls from people looking to buy drugs. Many times, Tracfone will give you a number that has been previously used with eBay or PayPal. I was initially sad when Tracfone changed the way they do business, but I now realize it was a blessing in disguise. Because I was forced to find another service and it turned out to be better and cheaper than Tracfone. And no more calls from druggies, collection agencies and cops.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
archim (09-06-2020), dealagreeproceed (07-10-2016)
Old 11-26-2015

Longevity: 76%

I never did like Tracfone.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
archim (09-06-2020)
Old 01-14-2016

Longevity: 50%

any fix for this???
The Following User Says Thank You to iix For This Useful Post:
archim (09-06-2020)
Old 01-15-2016

Longevity: 60%

Wait it out for a while might take up to 4 weeks before it goes away, calling in wont help.
Old 07-10-2016

Longevity: 75%

did you confirm your identity?
Old 07-11-2016
MU

Longevity: 44%

Put your sim in a smart phone and then log into PP using their app. Let me know if this worked for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthMaker For This Useful Post:
archim (09-06-2020)
Old 01-08-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 24%

What do you use instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Wait a sec... There ARE other uses for VOIP lines. Such as a residential phone. And for a business phone. My local phone company charges $50+ per month for each line when you get done adding on the voicemail and other features. My VOIP service charges less than $10 per number. Also, my local phone company will never give me a line in my home that ends in 00 or 000. My VOIP provider will, and at no additional cost. So, there are MANY uses for VOIP lines that have nothing to do with eBay or PayPal.

Not to mention, TracFone numbers are frequently recycled. I activate a TracFone number and 5 minutes later I start getting calls from collection agencies looking for whoever had that number before me. Once, I even got a call from some law enforcement agency for a bad check the guy wrote. And sometimes, I even would get calls from people looking to buy drugs. Many times, Tracfone will give you a number that has been previously used with eBay or PayPal. I was initially sad when Tracfone changed the way they do business, but I now realize it was a blessing in disguise. Because I was forced to find another service and it turned out to be better and cheaper than Tracfone. And no more calls from druggies, collection agencies and cops.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paypalusernameforme For This Useful Post:
archim (09-06-2020)
Old 01-08-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,529 Times in 2,184 Posts
Activity: 75%
Longevity: 91%

Old thread, make a new one.
Closed Thread