eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can I withdraw stealth paypal funds by a check in a different name (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/91563-can-i-withdraw-stealth-paypal-funds-check-different-name.html)

grant75 11-29-2015 10:53 AM

Can I withdraw stealth paypal funds by a check in a different name

I need to withdraw my paypal funds from a stealth account. The stealth paypal account is in a different name (not my own). Paypal will not let me add a bank account to my paypal account because it was limited for "high risk activity" but they have made the funds available for withdrawal by check (I know it doesn't make any sense but that's paypal). Can I just sign the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on the check to endorse it and then write the "pay to the order of" and sign my name under it to endorse the check over to me and then deposit it at an atm (third party check) or will this type of check be rejected? If it matters, this atm deposit would be attempted at US bank and the check would be in the amount of about $2700.

DevSpent 11-29-2015 11:36 AM

Re: Can I withdraw stealth paypal funds by a check in a different name

no, you cannot. it must be in the same name

MM78 11-29-2015 11:54 AM

Depositing a check not in your name is considered check fraud by some Banks. You can "try" and transfer to another PayPal but even that has some risk.

miketyson 11-29-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 724915)
Depositing a check not in your name is considered check fraud by some Banks. You can "try" and transfer to another PayPal but even that has some risk.

Can you try to transfer to another paypal if the OP current paypal is limited?

grant75 11-29-2015 12:27 PM

They won't let me transfer the funds to another paypal account either. They won't let me do anything that involves sending money.

elmo 11-29-2015 01:28 PM

Have you tried calling PayPal and seeing if they can add a bank over the phone? Maybe you'll get lucky and get a rep that will do this for you. This is of course if you have no other option of being able to deposit a 3rd party check. You can also check with your bank if they would allow a 3rd party check being deposited that is signed over to you (without the person being present), but most likely not. You used to be able to deposit them in the ATM if they were signed over, but I can imagine the majority of banks stopped doing that in the last recent years. Careful depositing without first asking, as it could be returned / bounced back.

GreenBean 11-29-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketyson (Post 724917)
Can you try to transfer to another paypal if the OP current paypal is limited?

Not under the conditions the OP mentioned about his account.

Besides, this creates a link so why risk that?

::deadhorse:

grant75 11-30-2015 01:34 AM

I just wanted to post an update. I was able to have paypal reinstate my ability to add a bank account to my paypal account after calling them. As a side note, DO NOT call the 1 800 number for their regular customer service. The 1 800 customer service is a joke. The number I found and used was for Daniel Downs from paypal's office of executive escalations. He actually has the authority to solve people's problems. His number is (402) 952-8527 if anyone else is having a similar problem they need resolved and he's in the office 3:30 pm-12:00 am central time Friday-Tuesday.

solefoodbk 11-30-2015 03:09 PM

There is NO WAY you can transfer over 2 grand without a security bot getting tripped.

solefoodbk 11-30-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant75 (Post 725024)
I just wanted to post an update. I was able to have paypal reinstate my ability to add a bank account to my paypal account after calling them. As a side note, DO NOT call the 1 800 number for their regular customer service. The 1 800 customer service is a joke. The number I found and used was for Daniel Downs from paypal's office of executive escalations. He actually has the authority to solve people's problems. His number is (402) 952-8527 if anyone else is having a similar problem they need resolved and he's in the office 3:30 pm-12:00 am central time Friday-Tuesday.

Major plug!

This is huge. Most of time paypal reps just say the same stuff because they can't do anything how they have their system set up.

Thank you!!