eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Preventing EBAY customers from paying via PayPal - when I don't want them to use PP! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/919-preventing-ebay-customers-paying-via-paypal-when-i-dont-want-them-use-pp.html)

altu 08-08-2007 10:57 PM

Preventing EBAY customers from paying via PayPal - when I don't want them to use PP!

Hey guys

ok, I just made a sales on ebay and I told him not to pay me by paypal and even sent him the link to bidpay to pay. but he stills ent the money to my paypal account.

1- I checked his ebay status, he has 30 positive feedback since he became a member of June 2007

2- he sent me an email and said if I still have the item available and he will pay asap once he receive the invoice

I think he might be an ebay "spy", forcing people to use paypal and reveal his/her real identity.

what should I do? how can I refund him the money form paypal and ask him to pay by bidpay?

I have paypal acct but doesn't have any bank info in it, and I've used up all my bank account info on all previous suspended ebay account. so if I enter anyone of them again, paypal will link me to the suspended acct and ebay will know.

what should I do? please help

Altu:confused:

aspkin 08-08-2007 11:10 PM

Just do a refund and ask him to send you cash with bidpay. You'll have to show him how to do that. You can refund any payment you receive from Paypal by clicking, 'details' from recent activity and then 'refund payment'.

altu 08-08-2007 11:38 PM

Hi Aspkin:

I tried to do what you suggested but this is what paypal said : "Refund Information: To refund a payment for any reason, click ( Refund payment )The Refund Payment option is available for 60 days after the payment was sent.

that means I can't refund the fund back to the buyer untill after 60 days of the payment. what should I do? now I have his money, if I don't ship the goods then it's not good because I don't want to cheat my customers, but if I do withdraw the fund, then paypal is now linked with ebay then I am screwed.

please help

Altu

altu 08-08-2007 11:40 PM

also this is what this dude said in the memo section in the paypal

" I'm sorry I could not pay with bid pay as I only use discover card and they don't accept that, please excuse any inconveniece this may cause. I will be sure to give you excellent feedback once I receive this item. Thanks for working with me so well on this. Mike"

Doesn't this sounds like a trick to make me fall into the trap so ebay can suspend me again? all I am doing is to sell some stuff I designs, ebay just keep pushing us against the wall/corner...I am not sure what to do

DogFacedBoy 08-08-2007 11:47 PM

I'm not sure how accepting payment will get you into trouble, but I am still learning about the ebay PP relationship and links and angles.
How could he have sent payment if you didn't have a link to PP or your PP email address somewhere in your listing

ex-ebay learner 08-08-2007 11:49 PM

Well ,I checked out BID pay and they DO NOT accept Discover. One thing you can try is tell him BLAH BLAH... Offer a discount, a few bucks.. have him go get a prepaid card... they can get them everywhere... has to be VISA or Mastercard... he can use his Discover card that... and then pay via Bidpay.

Hope that helps

altu 08-08-2007 11:50 PM

hi Dogfaceboy

when you create any new account you will need to have a paypal account otherwise you can't sell anything.

double check when you are selling an item, whileyou are writing the descriptions and all, under "payment" section, you have to click " using paypal as payment method" option, if you uncheck that option, then you can't list the item for sale.

this is how ebay are "forcing you" to list paypal as one of the payment method and milk your money

ebay is evil man! and for sure I know paypal is talking with ebay, my two previous account was suspended for no reason and I've followed every rule in this forum... so it has to paypal's doing something

what do you thin aspkin?

Altu

altu 08-08-2007 11:53 PM

hi ex-ebay learner:

thanks for your advise.. but I have a feeling he will not go through that much trouble for me

also who doesn't have at least 1 master card, or visa or amex? I don't know anyone who only has discover card cause not everywhere takes discover card

I think he is from ebay and trying to trick me to fall into a trap. omg I am becoming a parinoid weirdo now LOL.. please help guys!

ex-ebay learner 08-09-2007 12:01 AM

LOL, well take any salesman, put them through the ebayer ringer and see how CRAZY there are afterwards! I'm sure for alot of people this forum keeps them sane.

On the remark about who doesn't have VISA.... VERY GOOD POINT!

altu 08-09-2007 12:08 AM

LOL, and I just read one listing on this forum about NY times saying " we are the bad guys" but for some reason, I feel ebay is already getting outta control and miss use their power on just kicking off anyone who they think it's "bad", but of course we are all playing at their "playground" so there is nothing we can do than following all the great tips from this forum. I wish amazon.com, yahoo shopping can catch up.

I started to make some sales on amazon.com but still not as good as on ebay.. I wonder why is that? I love amazon.com but seems like not many people are shopping there?

altu 08-09-2007 12:11 AM

ok, bakc to my question, aspkin, so what should I do? I can't refund him the money because it's not over 60 days after the payment.... I am doomed

I am starting to see trolls wearing rainbow colors floral mumu ( ebay's blue, yellow, red & green ) and corner me into a deep hole that is filled with "suspension lava" ...

help aspkin

altu 08-09-2007 12:26 AM

ok, aspkin, my bad, I ralized that you can make refund within 60 days after the payment was received. so I jsut did a refund back to him. I know it's hard to return money back especially you just made a sales, but I guess it's better for the long term, not falling into the trap. doyou think it's a trap from ebay? aspkin?

Altu

Ballsack 08-09-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altu (Post 7075)
Hi Aspkin:

I tried to do what you suggested but this is what paypal said : "Refund Information: To refund a payment for any reason, click ( Refund payment )The Refund Payment option is available for 60 days after the payment was sent.

that means I can't refund the fund back to the buyer untill after 60 days of the payment
. what should I do? now I have his money, if I don't ship the goods then it's not good because I don't want to cheat my customers, but if I do withdraw the fund, then paypal is now linked with ebay then I am screwed.

please help

Altu

:rolleyes:

DogFacedBoy 08-09-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altu (Post 7086)
ok, bakc to my question, aspkin, so what should I do? I can't refund him the money because it's not over 60 days after the payment.... I am doomed

I am starting to see trolls wearing rainbow colors floral mumu ( ebay's blue, yellow, red & green ) and corner me into a deep hole that is filled with "suspension lava" ...

help aspkin

Is having to wait 60 days to refund something new?
Last year a lady bought something from me that I had a photo and everything of and then she pissed and moaned and filed a "fraud" complaint with Paypal because I didn't want to accept a return. I eventually sent her a refund a few days later because paypal "froze" my account until the dispute was resolved.
I have also done it in the case of accidental double payment for an item.

Sorry that there isn't the traffic on Amazon, et.al.

The line describing ebay being a playground is dead on.

altu 08-09-2007 12:03 PM

hey matt, you never know about ebay, and yes I might look like an idoit now but I rather be careful than being busted again and get my account suspended. don't be angry, I am just sharing my story with you guys.

And guess what? this dude the exact same dude who I refund the money to, I just saw I had an order for the same merchandise I sold on ebay and now he is buying it on my amazon.com account. and on the amazon, I have my real name, real company address and name which is the same info on one of my account on ebay that got suspended for no good reason. don't you think it's kinda "weird" this dude found me in the both places?

get angry for now matt, but when you cool down, think about that Paypal is now owned by ebay, and they are definitly sharing info. and I believe there are spies on ebay to make people fall into their traps. I hope you won't be one of them because I am sure you know how hard to re start a new ebay account and try to build a good feedbacks...etc.

" Don't hate, congradulate " !

Altu

JackNoMore 08-09-2007 01:49 PM

I know you already figured out the 60 days thing, so I won't bother mentioning that. It's also incorrect information that ebay will force you to use paypal. I know it sounds like that, and that's what I believed for a time too, but think about it. That's prime fodder for a lawsuit. Instead, what they do is word it like that so you THINK that's what they're forcing you to do. Instead what it means is that you have to offer either Paypal OR a merchant account. Now you don't have to reveal what your merchant account is--could be anything. And yes you'll have to link a Paypal account, but you don't have to ACCEPT paypal. That's the little fine print trick they're trying to pull on you. It's crafty work to be sure. But rest assured all you have to do is link the paypal. There are other threads on how to do this, so I won't go into it here.

LongMan 08-13-2007 03:45 AM

Jack, you know that if you want to sell a games console now paypal must be the SOLE payment option. They say it is to eliminate fraud, but I think they have a different reason for doing it ;) .

stealthdog 08-13-2007 04:10 AM

I once was over paid by a customer through PayPal to whom I immediately sent back his money with no complaints from him. However I did not do an actual REFUND...I just sent it back with a note. PayPal froze my account for 180 days because of formalities. YOU MUST CLICK THE REFUND BUTTON TO DO A REFUND...otherwise a red flag for fraudulent activities pops up and you have no voice to appeal then.

koalawash 08-13-2007 08:34 AM

LOL of course they do. With a premier or business account you have to pay a FEE just to send a refund! Paypal is such a joke.

altu 08-14-2007 12:52 AM

hey guys, I stopped using paypal for about a month and it has been a dream comes true! now I am using bidpay and it's awesome. no more worries about ebay will find out you were suspended before. I've been making smooth transaction using bidpay and they don't share info with ebay!

ebay-sucks 05-12-2008 03:23 PM

I cannot get the customers to stop

I cannot get the customers to stop paying me via pp before I even send them an invoice. On this account I try to send the ccnow invoices but 9 out of 10 have me paid before I get a chance.
I have the checkout disabled but they still find a way to pay me with pp before I even begin.
What am I missing? I do use auctiva to list and even looked at that.
Any ideas?
Thanks

2eXclusiive 05-12-2008 07:34 PM

ebay-sucks = you should be there when your listings end, so its easy for you and you can send the invoices very quickly.