eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal refunds close case but buyer didn't return item (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/92063-paypal-refunds-close-case-but-buyer-didnt-return-item.html)

solefoodbk 12-17-2015 02:35 AM

Paypal refunds close case but buyer didn't return item

Long story short buyer opens a SNAD on paypal. First time this has EVER happened via paypal, of course I've had it a couple times on eBay.

This is a strong account with a EIN upgraded to business.

So the buyer opens a SNAD saying I sent her shoes. I respond and when selecting the return address my STEALTH address is still my "personal" address which is what I accidentally selected as my address. I called paypal immediatly and was told they would send the buyer a email asking to ship to the correct address...

Of course the next day I get the auto generated email from paypal asking buyer to ship to my STEALTH address (the one I accidentally selected). So I call paypal AGAIN and am told the same damn thing again. This time I actually got a email myself saying "please ship here etc etc" so I thought all was okay....

Well the dumb rep I wasted a hour with didn't tell me the lady already shipped back the shoes to my STEALTH address. Its a expensive item so since no one was there to sign it's currently in the post office.

The case got CLOSED and the buyer got a full refund. I was waiting to get the item back so I could file for an appeal since I already filled a report on IC3.GOV I figured I should be the safe zone....:ballchain:

I called today what going on? Why in the world would you close the case before I even got the item back to inspect it? I have 10 days to file for an appeal and the package will sit in the post office for around that time before it gets sent back to her for her to only send it BACK to the correct address...

Question #1 : Should I have gotten a email saying an appeal has started?

Question #2: Since I DON'T have the package and am filling an appeal (the rep did it for me, at least she said she did) does that hurt my chances?

jackdanielsbtch 12-17-2015 09:10 AM

Re: Paypal refunds close case but buyer didn't return item

(1) IC3.GOV doesn't do anything. it's like a survey. if they find the same person screwing over 100s of people, than they'll act. But if it's one person screwing over another person, it gets ignored.

(2) appealing a case without having the item...you already lost. here is the thing, you can't blame paypal, if you do, you lost. the way paypal sees it is...paypal is middle man, they didn't buy or sell the item, so they feel they shouldn't pay up. you can't tell paypal it's your fault for not giving the right address. They will just say it's your responsibility to have the correct address.

Only way to get your money is to blame it on the buyer. You need the item. you need to tell paypal that's not how you sent it. paypal will ask for a police report. Than go from there.

You didn't even tell us why buyer opened a case for...