eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Card country matter? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/92130-card-country-matter.html)

Trustfund 12-19-2015 12:10 PM

Card country matter?

quick question.

Can paypal see the iban number of the card and make decisions of whether to limit the account or not based on the IBAN number and thus country of origin?

in other words to withdraw from a paypal account via a visa card does the card have to be bank issued?

Ebayorbust 12-19-2015 12:21 PM

Re: Card country matter?

The first 6 digits of the 16 digit card number is known as the BIN number (Bank Identification Number).

Paypal knows the country of origin of ALL cards.

Does the country of issue matter?
In most cases, yes, it does. I heard of an instance where a long standing UK Paypal account was limited after a Polish prepaid debit card was added. Account ended up being permanently limited following the usual requests of confirm location, ID, card statement, etc, etc

ilcarletto 12-19-2015 12:29 PM

To me, IBAN number, identifies a bank account number and if you have a UK PayPal you can only withdraw to an US or UK bank account.
No option to get funds to a VISA card not from US PayPal nor from a UK PayPal.

To answer your question yes Paypal knows the country of the bank account associated but from your question is not clear to me if you are going to use a VISa card or an IBAN (a VISA card with IBAN associated maybe? ...please explain the scenario...)

Trustfund 12-19-2015 01:29 PM

Yh sorry i got my terminology mixed up i was refering to the BIN number.

so your saying if i have a vcc issued in the UK with an address matching the stealth paypal in a different country then a limitation is likely?

so e.g UAE paypal, UAE address on card, Card issued from UK

muzzie 12-19-2015 01:43 PM

PP does not care what is the country the VCC is originating from, it MAY raise some small flags. But, a HUGE flag is raised to certain BINs, which are overabused and adding such card almost guarantees a limitation to any account. A good example of this are various Polish cards, which were extremely overabused by scammers, as it was very easy to get Polish card through the internet, so these were used for tons of bad things and got into PP's blacklist.

GreenBean 12-19-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trustfund (Post 729683)
Yh sorry i got my terminology mixed up i was refering to the BIN number.

so your saying if i have a vcc issued in the UK with an address matching the stealth paypal in a different country then a limitation is likely?

so e.g UAE paypal, UAE address on card, Card issued from UK

Be prepared now that all will not go as smoothly as you wish.

:shhh:

Trustfund 12-19-2015 07:52 PM

final question honestly, what Ebay domain does a UAE resident sell on? Can they choose their preference?