eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Just sold an item. Payment being held?. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/92885-just-sold-item-payment-being-held.html)

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 05:20 AM

Just sold an item. Payment being held?.

I am very confused. I have over 15 thousand in sells on this account and have not had any sort of money held in a very long time. All the sudden over a $130 item they decide to hold my funds. Does anyone know if there is any reason for this?. Thanks.

P.s I had been doing some paypal to paypal invoices. Could this had raised a red flag at all?.

Also the item that sold is the same type of item sold previously. Why in the world would they suddenly go and start holding my funds...

'Would emailing paypal help?..

Haidukken 01-12-2016 05:52 AM

Re: Just sold an item. Payment being held?.

I get a similar thing every now and again, usually it's actually down to the buyer, not seller- For some reason they hold the payment and it clears within 5 days or so.
I made a mistake of shipping an item out, as the payment was clearing and customer clearly just cancelled the payment and that was the last I heard from him- Now I always notify customer that the payment is being held and I will ship as soon as it clears.

Hopefully I'm not talking out of my arse, hopefully its a similar "funds hold" case, NOT something to do with your seller patterns or something.

Cheerio

RosieTosie 01-12-2016 05:58 AM

PayPal to PayPal invoices Athleticahunta, surely that could be could be enough to potentially create issues, especially these days when things have been tightening up on the platforms, why would you do anything like that you must have known it could be risky!

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 05:58 AM

I'm talking about the 21 day hold. Are we talking about the same type of hold?.

RosieTosie 01-12-2016 06:02 AM

Been mentioned elsewhere in forum that 21 day day holds can appear in accounts without warning these days.

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 06:27 AM

Are the 21 day holds per item or for all sells going forward. Anyone know?.

yankee 01-12-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athletichunta (Post 736927)
Are the 21 day holds per item or for all sells going forward. Anyone know?.

Sounds like a payment review.

What is the email they sent you?

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 08:16 AM

I don't think I got an email. It just says a 21day hold. I did buy somthing off the account from another stealth account just to see if that payment would be held aswel (just $5) . It wasn't held. So what I am trying to figure out if this is just a random hold or is this for all higher priced items?. I'm so confused and this has been a huge stress.

What is a payment review?.

I'm getting

" OK to ship
Payment status: Completed
You received a payment. Please process and ship your order right away.

This payment is now in your pending balance. Your money will be moved to your available balance and released in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders)."

And on my email I got nothing about a review.

yankee 01-12-2016 08:23 AM

You can just call and find out why.
I bet they release the funds if you call.

Two types of payment reviews, but to sum it up when paypal does not like something about the buyers payment. Could be 1 of more than 2000 things. IP location has been a newer issue. Multiple addresses is also newer. The big two are always 1.) First time buyer uses a mobile device to pay 2.) First time buyer makes a purchase over $250.00 and if it is both, ALMOST ALWAYS you will get an email saying the payment is under review, not to ship until they complete review but if it is a softer review, then you can get a hold on funds, no email, just a pending balance.

Best thing to do is call in and find out whats up :)

GreenBean 01-12-2016 08:24 AM

paypal checks thoroughly the activity of account(s).

They are trying to ensure all is OK with the account.

This is for two reasons. First to protect themselves from possibilty of trouble.

And, to protect the account holder if anything is wrong.

:peace:

Eta...you added more info as i posted x

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 08:44 AM

It's a stealth account. Is it safe to call?. I will be using talkatone.

I see nothing on a "payment review" Is it my account or their account do you think?.

yaBeh8ater 01-12-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athletichunta (Post 736956)
I don't think I got an email. It just says a 21day hold. I did buy somthing off the account from another stealth account just to see if that payment would be held aswel (just $5) . It wasn't held. So what I am trying to figure out if this is just a random hold or is this for all higher priced items?. I'm so confused and this has been a huge stress.

What is a payment review?.

I'm getting

" OK to ship
Payment status: Completed
You received a payment. Please process and ship your order right away.

This payment is now in your pending balance. Your money will be moved to your available balance and released in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders)."

And on my email I got nothing about a review.

been getting this on all my new accounts. just had 2 of my accounts get payments released in only 8 days by marking as shipped or actually shipping the item.

yankee 01-12-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athletichunta (Post 736965)
It's a stealth account. Is it safe to call?. I will be using talkatone.

I see nothing on a "payment review" Is it my account or their account do you think?.

That is for you and only you to determine.

I call in on all of my accounts when needed, but everyone is different.

phaz0rz 01-12-2016 09:35 AM

Call in if you want, but I would just wait for the payment to be released. I noticed I had a $22 payment withheld last night on one of my established accounts with no explanation. So you aren't the only one experiencing this.

rsot 01-12-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater (Post 736968)
been getting this on all my new accounts. just had 2 of my accounts get payments released in only 8 days by marking as shipped or actually shipping the item.

Nice to hear - seems like the account is progressing well then.

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 12:30 PM

So they just held a $220 payment to. Great. I'm gonna call in.

Dmshark25 01-12-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athletichunta (Post 737023)
So they just held a $220 payment to. Great. I'm gonna call in.

Has the price per item changed recently? When you have a pattern of selling items for say under an$100 and than start selling items over $100 than they will place holds sometimes and that is an example if ur normal transaction was $200 and than that changed to $300 they would place holds . Something paypal has been doing more frequently these days

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 01:15 PM

No they haven't. Could my account have been flagged for selling a certain item?. I had an item taken down for "illegal activity" but it was just an angry buyer and the email said its on because I wasn't aware

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 01:43 PM

Ok, So I called. They said they couldn't tell me why the payment was being held. THey said the hold was through paypal But not ebay?. They said they can make a request to the "security department." I soon hung up after that.

If I have a request sent to to the security department or have myself forwarded to them on a call is there a chance they will ask for Ask for photo ID, bills, ect and lock my account until that happens?. I'm Very frustrated.

yankee 01-12-2016 01:46 PM

They are saying that they will notify the security department that ALREADY is handling the hold/risk management that you called in and have been in touch. No harm done.

How long has it taken you to collect the 15K?

Athletichunta 01-12-2016 02:28 PM

Just over a year. Limits were reset in jan.

So THey said they would make a request to the security department to stop the holds. Now, the security department won't send Photo ID request correct to remove the hold correct?. I am scared because I imagine that if they do the account is gone.

I also have the option to be fwrded there. You said you bet I could have the funds released. What exactly should I say. What's the best way to go about this?. Thanks.

yankee 01-12-2016 02:44 PM

Are you selling anything sketchy?

Do you have receipts?

Now a new question comes up altogether. Was the account sitting idle for a few months and now just started using it after the 1st?
If so, some transactions will have holds for a week or two. Sometimes every other one.