eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   More than $8,000 frozen due to paypal lies, now they are stealing my identity?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/93001-more-than-8-000-frozen-due-paypal-lies-now-they-stealing-my-identity.html)

chriswortham 01-15-2016 04:21 AM

More than $8,000 frozen due to paypal lies, now they are stealing my identity??

I received a few large payments and my paypal got limited for “abrupt changes in business” and they are asking for photo ID, invoices, tracking number.

(1) Legit items so I have invoices, and I listed correctly so I am not afraid of disputes, but I explain I'm a student and don't drive and if I can send in student ID. Guy seems cool said he didn't drive when he was my age and he doesn't even have a license, but said they won't take student ID and transfers me to supervisor.
(2) Supervisor thinks I am lying about not having ID, so threatens me “if you don't send ID, than you won't get your payments.” I told him that's fine, just go ahead and refund the buyers and I hand up. (just FYI I received a lot of payments because I usually do best offer, but things that didn't sell for months I ran a $0.99 starting bid auction and wasn't happy about selling price for some items anyways).
So 10 minutes later same supervisor calls me back, tells me I don't have to do ID, it's not an identity issue. It's just I received large payments unlike before so the risk is me putting money in bank account and running. So he tells me to ship things out and get invoices and he'll call back in a week and unlock account.
(3) I ship everything, everything delivered, no problems. Upload invoices. But supervisor never calls back or unlocks account. So I call back now another supervisor not only wants me to go get ID, but also want social security card and copy of credit card statement. I ask to speak to first supervisor, he tells me he'll call me, but never does.
(4) I upload credit card statement since I had. But, I feel it wasn't safe after upload so I call my bank of america card and they talk to me like an idiot “why would someone ask that?? why would you even send someone that??” so she put a fraud alert on my credit card, closed the credit card number and said they will send new credit card with new number in mail.
(5) I call paypal back tell them my card is on fraud alert now and now agent plays dumb “I wasn't the one that requested that.” “I am not even sure why they asked you for that, it's not something we need, but we do need an ID”

My paypal is about 2 years old, about 150 sales, $20,000, no complaints or disputes (which is unheard of).

Is it to where you eventually need a photo ID to have paypal? When I ask them why they need photo ID they can't answer why. Why isn't a credit card statement with my name and address valid?

The ID isn't even possible because over 18 in my home state you need to prove you work in side the state or go to school inside the state. And in my school state, you need a real address, not dorm room. I am getting an apartment with friends in Fall, but that doesn't fix issue now.

Worst part is about $2,000 of the $8,000 is personal payments and they are threatening to hold those too for 180 days but you can't file chargeback for those.