eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal may want PROOF of registration from companies house. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/93343-paypal-may-want-proof-registration-companies-house.html)

samspalace 01-25-2016 01:49 PM

PayPal may want PROOF of registration from companies house.

Hi everyone,

I'm very intrigued by this and wondered if anybody has ever had to do what I'm going to explain.

Not too long ago PayPal asked for all my ID plus invoices so I submitted it to them and they passed with flying colours but I did ring up to get them passed quicker. Anyway on the phone the lady wanted to know if i'm registered with companies house?

I said No because I don't earn enough to register my business and its more a hobby. She said that's ok and that's when all my docs were accepted.

My worry is if I earn enough will I have to provide details from companies house to them?

I don't just have one stealth account either I have many more.

Any help would be appreciated?

vetus 01-25-2016 02:27 PM

Re: PayPal may want PROOF of registration from companies house.

No you won't. You can run as a sole trader and still earn the same amount of money. This is where people get confused, you never have to register a LTD just because you're taking a lot of money. You can be a sole trader without a company number, but your tax liability would be higher as a sole trader.

Always run stealths as sole traders and keep a LTD off the record and put all your sales through the LTD, best way to do it.

JamesNorth101 01-25-2016 03:38 PM

Running everything as a sole trader as far as PayPal is concerned it totally fine.

Only at a certain threshold does it make sense to become a Ltd company, but even if you do PayPal does not need to know that you have become a Ltd company.

samspalace 01-25-2016 03:39 PM

At the moment my stealth accounts are run as an individual business would you recommend me changing them to a sole trader then?

JamesNorth101 01-25-2016 03:40 PM

Is this just a PayPal or also an eBayl?

If its the PayPal you can upgrade to a business account if you want. You get more functionality out of the website

They do require you to fill in an extra form though

samspalace 01-25-2016 03:55 PM

All my eBay and PayPal accounts are set up as businesses. On PayPal none of them are set up as sole trader as it was easy for me to set them up as individual business.

I was just worried that I may have to supply something to them as I have so many accounts and would never be able to supply companies house info but looks like I need to change to sole trader then hopefully I'll be alright :)

vetus 01-25-2016 04:11 PM

I wouldn't upgrade to a business PayPal at all.

Absolutely no need to if you're running a premier account.

If you liked getting asked for a shed load more documentation upon limitation of the account upgrade to business, I really have never found any benefits to do so.

JamesNorth101 01-25-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 741646)
All my eBay and PayPal accounts are set up as businesses. On PayPal none of them are set up as sole trader as it was easy for me to set them up as individual business.

I was just worried that I may have to supply something to them as I have so many accounts and would never be able to supply companies house info but looks like I need to change to sole trader then hopefully I'll be alright :)

So your PayPal and eBay accounts are already being run as business accounts?

For eBay that isnt too much of an issue. For PayPal, that really depends on the type of business account you have upgraded to

Bare in mind you can upgrade the PayPal account to a business account and keep it as a individual if you want. Personally this is what I do since I like the extra functionality of the business PayPal while keeping the simplicity of being an individual as far as PayPal are concerned.

samspalace 01-25-2016 04:17 PM

Ok problem is all my PayPal accounts are business PayPals as soon as I signed up I set them up as business.

On a premier PayPal account can you still select sole trader? I've always signed them up as business.

vetus 01-25-2016 04:19 PM

Yes you can select sole trader on a premier PayPal, do this when lifting the receiving limit.

samspalace 01-25-2016 04:20 PM

Yes they are and my PayPal is just a business account and where it says type of business you have sole trader, individual business I selected individual business is this going to be a problem?

PayPal no what I'm selling as I have provided invoices to them.

JamesNorth101 01-25-2016 04:20 PM

Yep you can mix and match as much as you want.

Business PayPal with sole trader / individual / Ltd
or
Premier PayPal with sole trader / individual / Ltd

Business PayPal is just a different type of interface. Its when you go down the route of being a business / premier PayPal and being a Ltd company that things get a bit tricky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samspalace (Post 741663)
Yes they are and my PayPal is just a business account and where it says type of business you have sole trader, individual business I selected individual business is this going to be a problem?

PayPal no what I'm selling as I have provided invoices to them.

Choose individual to make things easier for you

samspalace 01-25-2016 04:22 PM

Receiving limit is lifted :) shall I change from business to premier account then?

samspalace 01-25-2016 04:24 PM

James do you have a business PayPal account selected as individual business as this has always been the easiest way of setting it up for me.

JamesNorth101 01-25-2016 04:27 PM

I open the account as a premier account, then remove the EU limits then upgrade to a business PayPal while keeping it as an individual account.

Works a treat for me personally

I am not sure you can go from being a business PayPal back to a premier PayPal to be honest (I could be wrong though?). If you like the business PayPal interface stick with that!

samspalace 01-25-2016 04:35 PM

Yes I do like it :) have a weight lifted off my shoulders now as my invoices we're accepted so at least PayPal know what I'm selling.

JamesNorth101 01-25-2016 04:36 PM

Sounds like a good account then! Treat it well :)