eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Am I likely to win this dispute? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/93811-am-i-likely-win-dispute.html)

aalexander 02-10-2016 07:50 PM

Am I likely to win this dispute?

I am selling an item which is genuine, it is fairly high value, about $200. Its a collectible item, and comes inside a tamper proof protective casing. I sold the item to the buyer, no problems. One month down the line, he opens a dispute in Paypal claiming that the item is phake!

I know for sure the item is genuine, so I said he can return it if it is still in the original tamper proof packaging. But the buyer said they have opened the packaging. I am suspecting they have opened the packaging, replaced my real item with a phake and are trying to get the real item for free. I have searched this buyer's feedback, and another seller has left feedback for him saying "SCAMMER, DO NOT TRUST!".

This makes me 99% sure he is a fraudster. I have got the email print out of the original receipt. If I supply the receipt, the fact that the buyer has waited so long over one month to open a claim, and the recent feedback from another seller claiming he is a scammer - would I be likely to win the Paypal claim?

This is on a stealth account in fairly good standing, about 6 months old, fully verified and EU limits lifted.

Thank you!
:uk:

golferman 02-10-2016 07:52 PM

Re: Am I likely to win this dispute?

You wont win. Best thing to do is some friendly threatening and do some research on him and hope he change up

aalexander 02-10-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golferman (Post 746382)
You wont win. Best thing to do is some friendly threatening and do some research on him and hope he change up

Based on this info, I've decided to refund the buyer. However the buyer has already opened a claim on Paypal and I have already presented my case. Paypal does not give me the option to refund any more, and Im unable to refund through eBay because the buyer has claimed through Paypal.

Is my best bet to call Paypal, and tell them that the buyer has returned the item and I would like to refund?

newjerseymax 02-10-2016 09:24 PM

If you fight the claim you have a chance to lose, but also a chance to win... If you go the other route you lose for sure...

Unless you have doubts about the authenticity your best odds are to fight it...