eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal Cuts Off ties with VPN Service provider after Netflix crackdown (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/94028-paypal-cuts-off-ties-vpn-service-provider-after-netflix-crackdown.html)

mophie 02-17-2016 02:07 PM

PayPal Cuts Off ties with VPN Service provider after Netflix crackdown

I have a strong feeling PayPal will start targeting some VPN services and third-party DNS services that aid customers access geo-restricted content, maybe the next step would be PayPal would start blacklisting companies and IP's; sound remotely stupid for business, but Unblock-Us for example has a huge market and from PayPal's point of view, probably very good for business but hey is PayPal.

If you violate violate intellectual property laws evidently copyright holders will take it up with streaming providers, and payment facilitators who would then take it up with any VPN providers, just so it goes on record PayPal took some action.

Whoop Dee Fu**ing Doo!

PayPal Cuts Off Another Unblocking Service Amid Netflix Crackdown

jeffweico 02-17-2016 02:26 PM

Re: PayPal Cuts Off ties with VPN Service provider after Netflix crackdown

I would stay away from VPN/VPS providers that advertise heavily their ability to unblock movie sites. I think those will be targeted, not just by PayPal but also by Netflix and other companies that do not want their geo-location blocks to be un-blocked. They could probably make a legal argument that the DMCA applies, since you re using technology to get around their security.

I don't see them ever coming after end users, but some of these companies may disappear, making them VERY UNATTRACTIVE for stealth. While it is definitely possible to replace an IP you have been using without harming your account, it is definitely an inconvenience since it cannot always be done in just a few hours.

I would stick with VPN companies that highlight their ability to be used for business reasons and other legitimate uses. They are not as likely to be targeted.