eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Sending funds to an email address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/94284-sending-funds-email-address.html)

ixxx 02-27-2016 10:20 PM

Sending funds to an email address

Dear All, I've heard that Paypal allows to send money to an email address, even if that email is not associated with a PP account. If this is true, what happens next? Is the receiver obligated to open an account or is there an alternative? Then the funds will be blocked for 21 days and furthermore they won't be accessible unless the account passes verification process (adding credit card, bank account etc)? Or am I missing something? Anybody had this experience?
Many thanks!

SilentHill 02-27-2016 10:30 PM

Re: Sending funds to an email address

the transaction will stay half way in progress until someone makes an account with that email address with PayPal. How long will it stay in progress I don't know.

You will definitely have a hold on funds unless you received funds from friend or family.

BiN4RY 02-27-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHill (Post 750966)
the transaction will stay half way in progress until that email address make an account with PayPal. How long will it stay in progress I don't know.

You will definitely have a hold on account unless you received funds from friend or family.

Up to 30 days. If the payment is still not claimed by 30 days, it gets reversed.

When the recipient does claim the payment, the payment and account is still subjected to holds and limitations as if the payment was received normally. You're not going to circumvent anything this way

slokor 02-27-2016 10:53 PM

And you dont have to create an account. You can add that email to an existing account as well and then the rules that apply to that specific account would determine any holds on those funds. Of course it will also be a link between this account and the sending account.

TOOKNAPA 02-28-2016 06:34 AM

the funds won't be automaticly hold for 21 days, it depends most of which country the payment comes from

slokor 02-28-2016 08:38 AM

It depends on more than just that.
It depends on which type of payment it was sent as as well.

TOOKNAPA 02-28-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 751029)
It depends on more than just that.
It depends on which type of payment it was sent as as well.

yes of course it depends on many things, and also not only of which type of payment was sent, but even on well established buyer paypal accounts, you will get an automatic hold with some countries and some other not. I mean it's not really the rules of the seller account that determine the hold, but also, and maybe firstly the buyer account's ones

Don King 02-28-2016 09:13 AM

Once that email is added to a paypal account and the email verification is confirmed. The funds will clear instantly .

But the paypal account have to be in good health and there will be know hold on the funds , as long as the Pp acct is functioning correctly .

i have hard buyer sent me payment with the wrong letter on emails, i normally create that email and add it to my paypal and confirm it .

Also i made a mistake at one time and put up a listing and added the wrong email address for payment , after days i realise i was not getting my funds so i trace the email and found that i have added a wrong letter on the email.
so i instantly created that email account and confirm the paypal verification and i got all my funds in seconds .

after 1 month i deleted that email address form my paypal acct , as it is not needed. :dance::dance: