eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   accepting large payments?.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/94648-accepting-large-payments.html)

josh 03-14-2016 04:26 AM

accepting large payments?..

Hey everyone.

I know most of you will tell me to rethink my strategy here..but for those of you who could help, any advice would be appreciated..

I have a few pieces of fine art and antiques of which each product will sell between 4-7 thousand pounds.

They will be listed on ebay and taking pp as payment. I understand selling all on one account would probably make it toast?

If i was to rotate one product on each stealth acc, could this work?

Do the accs need to have lots of feedback and be ages for years? or can i simply sell on a 10+feedback account which has been aged a month or so?

All help is appreciated, thanks!

IGNAS 03-14-2016 05:24 AM

Re: accepting large payments?..

I don't know if I would risk it selling it on ebay...
Especially stealth. Let's say PP limits you for 180 days and even after that they wouldn't allow you to withdraw your $ unless you provide identification.
That means a lot of head ache. :)

Have you wondered about real-life auctions (if you really have those art pieces of course)?

josh 03-14-2016 05:31 AM

yes but i would only be able to sell on ebay.. due to the circumstances...

Providing the accounts im using have already gone through limitations previous and i have supplied all required documents...

would it still cause an issue?

realdeals 03-14-2016 06:19 AM

You are better off using a decent auction house for these kind of pieces.

Especially with the art. I have sold up to around £500 pictures no problem on auction but what you are looking at is a whole new level which leaves you open to all sorts of issues.

realdeals 03-14-2016 06:23 AM

Why 'due to circumstances'?:suspicious:

Many reputable auction houses collect from you, especially when you are selling at that kind of value.

The only circumstances anyone wouldn't be able to use an auction house is:

a) They are stolen.
b) They are phakes.
c) The seller is planning a 'hit and run'.

spindoctor 03-14-2016 06:27 AM

You'd be an idiot for selling them on eBay at those sort of prices, not only because your using stealth, which is unpredictable. Your also open to getting ripped off.

JamesNorth101 03-14-2016 06:34 AM

You want to sell 4k to 7k art work on eBay.... That is a really really bad idea

Go to an auction house and sell them

ilcarletto 03-14-2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 754407)
The only circumstances anyone wouldn't be able to use an auction house is:

a) They are stolen.
b) They are phakes.
c) The seller is planning a 'hit and run'.

Right on spot.

If I have to buy a 500£ or 700£ piece of art (any kind of art), I would like a reputable auction house to stand behind it.

I did buy in the past graphic art (hand made or small number lithography) and I would only buy it if authenticated by the auction house.
Too many ⊗⊗⊗⊗ around and art too easy to replicate to be bought off ebay.

eBay account has to have lots of positive feedback in that field of business to be reputable enough. I would never buy a "one spot" piece of art from a generic seller if I do not have the possibility to evaluate in person.

There might be something really unique that cannot be counterfeit but that is quite a peculiar item.

josh 03-14-2016 10:45 AM

ye thanks, i understand all of your points. Thats problem solved for the arts, but I have some antiques and also some modern jewllery, of which is 100% authentic, but is in Spain, and will be selling from Spain and sending to UK to winning bidder. Can i not get away with selling just a few pieces?

Thanks everyone!

realdeals 03-14-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh (Post 754513)
ye thanks, i understand all of your points. Thats problem solved for the arts, but I have some antiques and also some modern jewllery, of which is 100% authentic, but is in Spain, and will be selling from Spain and sending to UK to winning bidder. Can i not get away with selling just a few pieces?

Thanks everyone!

Well, the higher the value of the item the higher the risk for all parties. You may get away with selling a couple of pieces no problem, but the more you sell the more likely there will be a scam involved t some point.

I wouldn't advise selling anything that is worth over £500 on ebay, unless it was cash on collection, which you wouldn't be able to do.

josh 03-14-2016 11:30 AM

hi, ye i totally understand, i have sold comptuer equipment on the account before for 2500gbp, without any issues...
Just hoping i can get away with a few unit on one account, then in the future a few more on another account...

How do the people who sell high value jewellery get away with it?

Thanks