eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Claim Award Limit Reached? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/9468-claim-award-limit-reached.html)

sacka_man 02-08-2009 03:02 PM

Claim Award Limit Reached?

I filed a claim against a seller and won the claim. When I won the claim I got an email that said in the subject line "Claim Award Limit Reached Case ID # PP-XXX-XXX-XXX".

In the body of the email, it doesn't say anything whatsoever about my claim limit. I am thinking either A) Paypal is being vague on purpose, or B) nothing has changed because Paypal is disorganized.

I do have numerous other claims that I filed in my years of using Paypal, but I am a high volume buyer/reseller so only a small percentage of what i actually buy gets disputed (only if there's a problem).

Does anybody know anything about this?

Snagga 02-08-2009 04:48 PM

how many claims have you filed???

sacka_man 02-08-2009 05:02 PM

In 2 years, about 10 claims or so.

sacka_man 02-09-2009 01:15 PM

So nobody knows what this means? Is there a limit to the amount of claims a person can file?

Snagga 02-09-2009 05:19 PM

I have never heard of this before. When you got the email was it when you filed a new claim telling you that you couldnt file the claim or was it after you won a claim stating you couldnt file anymore?

GreenBean 02-09-2009 05:50 PM

paypal has this,yes. Can not say that many accounts would have this happen and they tell
you that you have reached a limit. But paypal does it as a protection of themselves. It is
like making claims with insurance policies.... too many claims and questions raised. I would
imagine that your total amount of claims is a large amount of money. Not disputing your
right to make a claim but since paypal will know the volume of money going thro' your account, they will protect themselves

TMiles 02-09-2009 06:12 PM

This is not surprising. Pretty much all payment processors (Paypal,Google Checkout, Amazon Payments) have claim limits. Nobody wants a buyer who files a lot of claims.

The real problem is that Paypal advertises such great protection, but there are catches to this. Go read www.PayPalSucks.com and learn my friend.

Snagga 02-09-2009 06:56 PM

understandable i guess, if it becomes a problem then just open a new buying account

sacka_man 02-11-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 75279)
Not disputing your
right to make a claim but since paypal will know the volume of money going thro' your account, they will protect themselves

Thanks for your info. So you are saying that i still can open a dispute, just can't win it or something? Or can i not open a dispute at all?

GreenBean 02-11-2009 01:40 AM

All that has happened is you have had an email from paypal,yes? I would phone paypal and ask for their help: ask why & what are they trying to tell you. Lay a story on them.:) Be prepared,calm polite etc. When you have more info, then you can make a more informed decision about what to do. Keep us informed,please.

Snagga 03-04-2009 08:48 PM

did you ever call paypal about this?

sacka_man 03-20-2009 02:31 AM

Hi. I never called Paypal about this. Honestly i do not want to call Paypal because the account was opened with bogus information, including a disposable cell phone, and I do not want to use the minutes on that phone. However, I did open another dispute on this account, against my real account (with real information), just to see if I could still win a dispute. My account with bogus information won the dispute and my account with legitimate information got screwed out of money just as always with Paypal. I don't think there is a "Claim award limit" although I swear I got an email about it.

Snagga 03-20-2009 05:24 AM

thanx for the update sacka man

incniu 08-20-2016 05:59 PM

Re: Claim Award Limit Reached?

if you file 1 -2 more claims in paypal, your account will be closed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacka_man (Post 75126)
I filed a claim against a seller and won the claim. When I won the claim I got an email that said in the subject line "Claim Award Limit Reached Case ID # PP-XXX-XXX-XXX".

In the body of the email, it doesn't say anything whatsoever about my claim limit. I am thinking either A) Paypal is being vague on purpose, or B) nothing has changed because Paypal is disorganized.

I do have numerous other claims that I filed in my years of using Paypal, but I am a high volume buyer/reseller so only a small percentage of what i actually buy gets disputed (only if there's a problem).

Does anybody know anything about this?