eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Is it a good idea to give Paypal your SSN if you just want to use it as personal acc? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/94703-good-idea-give-paypal-your-ssn-if-you-just-want-use-personal-acc.html)

ThreeWChozEn 03-15-2016 10:37 PM

Is it a good idea to give Paypal your SSN if you just want to use it as personal acc?

Hello so I currently do not own any businesses and I'm not very sure on the whole process...

But is giving the SSN to Paypal a safe thing to do? I just want to use Paypal as a personal account for now (just to buy things online, that's about it for now) so is it safe in that sense?

I've heard about EIN but to get an EIN don't you have to be a business owner? Please help me out here, so is giving the SSN a wise choice in my scenario?

Advice?

jeffweico 03-15-2016 11:19 PM

Re: Is it a good idea to give Paypal your SSN if you just want to use it as personal

While you CAN give them your social security number, why would you?

If you give them your SSN and something goes wrong, that is it for you having a real account. I recommend giving them your SSN ONLY if they ask for it, or if you have a serious need for the PayPal debit card.

And EIN is not just for business owners. It is also for individuals who hire people, such as maids, medical help, etc. If you are paying someone wages, then you have to collect and remit taxes which is the reason for EIN's.

And that is only if YOU hire them directly. If you hire a cleaning service that comes in twice a week to clean and you write a check to the company that provides the service, you do NOT have to worry about the taxes, because the business takes care of the taxes. If you hire a maid yourself and pay their wages directly, THEN you have to have an EIN for reporting purposes. I just wanted to clarify so I don't get 20 PM's from people worried because they have a cleaning service.

empirestate 03-15-2016 11:42 PM

Re: Is it a good idea to give Paypal your SSN if you just want to use it as personal

Never give your SSN with Paypal ever! They will ruin your life!

BigCJ 03-15-2016 11:45 PM

Not needed and non of their business.

They are not a bank and do not have the right to need to have that information.

W23rdst 03-16-2016 12:00 AM

I wouldn't trust paypal or any other internet company.

vogeltron 03-16-2016 04:15 AM

Life Lesson 101. You do not give your SSN to anyone unless it is absolutely necessary.

kvncsta 03-16-2016 10:28 AM

NO dont do it. I did before I started stealth and I regret it 5000%