eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal tracking by phone number (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/95471-paypal-tracking-phone-number.html)

eencn9 04-12-2016 01:13 PM

paypal tracking by phone number

i was wondering if u use a service like spoofcard which changes ur caller id could paypal still track u?

slokor 04-12-2016 01:31 PM

Re: paypal tracking by phone number

What would be the point of that to begin with?
The only time they can track you using your phone number would be if you call them - you planning on calling them? and if so why not use the original number on the account?

eencn9 04-14-2016 04:07 PM

i used a gophone to verify account, so i dont have it anymore. I need to call them. apparently the deposits are coming in to my bank account with the name "0" zero. So thats creating a problem and i need to call them.

aspkin 04-14-2016 05:10 PM

Let us know how it goes (for science)... it would be interesting to see how PayPal reacts.

MM78 04-14-2016 05:17 PM

Get a prepaid phone with some minutes, Call PayPal....simple, it doesn't have to be complicated.

slokor 04-15-2016 10:40 AM

You dont even need to get a phone - just get a free burner number off any downloadable app. You can get those with a few free minutes - and calls to eBay's 866 numbers are free.

PeHe oT PecToPaHTa 04-18-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 762345)
What would be the point of that to begin with?
The only time they can track you using your phone number would be if you call them - you planning on calling them? and if so why not use the original number on the account?

This is not true. It was fully explained why 2 years ago.

When you verify the phone when listed for first time on eB (phone call or SMS PIN code) and when PP randomly pings sometimes the phone – they DO receive your full phone RAW info (and therefore the phone Coordinates of course). Super easy.

icecolder 04-19-2016 05:28 PM

I will put my 2 ct there from my recent eperience :P

Last month had lots of problems with "we can not send your payment right now" error. Than pis*d me hard, so i started to call them. I use literally an old brick phone. If phone does not has wap or gps, there are no data to give out about it. And i called them a lot.. We are talking about 5-10 of calls every day for different accounts.

Tried to call them with masked number and unmasked number. Every time i called them with hiden number they asked me for aditional info- it was a credit card number most of the times. They never asked for it if number was visible.

All my phone numbers are real, so no problems to use correct one every time but that is so time consuming... so i started to use just one number and unmasked it- whatever :D Results are interesting.

If i used the correct number which was linked to that account, they adjusted something on account each time and payments went through. However i had to call them every time.. If the number was wrong- they simply asked me to wait for a 24 hours because of their security system blah blah blah, no need to say after these 24 hours nothing changed, had to call them again and they allowed to do payments less than 100 usd only.
I used the same unmasked phone number for lots of accounts. The phone was prehistoric brick- no wap, no gps. Not using smartphone for a deals like this.

So, you can call them from the same number for the questions about different acounts. But keep in mind if the number is correct, most of the times they will fix everything with no extra questions. If number is incorrect- they will ask to wait 24 hours which will change nothing, after that you will have to call again and big chances only small payments will be allowed.

Need to say some of their staff are total retards. But couple of them are pure genius- knows how complete sistem works, knows how to fix everything and how to manipulate the system, and after a few conversations with them and asking "around" i dug out lots of solid info whats ok and what is not with PP.
Im surprised their phone "squad" is not so big- its less than 10 people there answering the phones...

...and couple of weeks after that i paid a full price for my lazy actions when tried to lift perosnal PP limits and called from the same number i used on 10-15 accounts. This is what happend:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...e-but-not.html

PeHe oT PecToPaHTa 04-19-2016 05:58 PM

Lesson learned on the hard way.

Yes, that's the point. Using old GSM phones (non-smartphones, only brick PRE-smartphone era phones) with a Pre-Paid SIM (costs €4 but depends of the country). Each Stealth with a diff. SIM/GSM-phone. On back of the phone always writing a letter/note like name/address/last 4 digits of the CC in case they call. And when not having multiple old GSM phones - then either purchasing some from the local trade market or auction sites, or asking from friends/family for such device, or just using 1-2 and switching the SIM cards (but carefully and always writing the notes!).

The phone number is highly important thing both for the trace on eB & PP. Here is some info regarding the lookup.

wayus 04-23-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeHe oT PecToPaHTa (Post 764139)
Lesson learned on the hard way.

Yes, that's the point. Using old GSM phones (non-smartphones, only brick PRE-smartphone era phones) with a Pre-Paid SIM

The smartphone works on 2G mode in roaming
Specifically, this sim card.

IMEI1 000000000000000
IMEI2 000000000000000

It's possible ?