Upgrade to PayPal Business? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Question Upgrade to PayPal Business?

Hi All - I need this forum's expertise on whether I should upgrade or create a new PayPal account.

Here is some background:
Back in 2013, my personal eBay account was suspended. My PayPal account was not suspended and is still active today. Since, I had a lot of junk laying around the house that I needed to sell, I created a new eBay account under my sister's name as she does not use eBay at all (her husband does). Everything was created in her house on her laptop. So the eBay and PayPal account was creating using real information. Six months later, I was able to use her account in my house when I changed my computer and changed my cable service provider (IP address change). However, the address on file where packages get shipped to is still hers.

Current situation:
Three years later, my account is Top Rated and was close to hitting the 20k and 200 items threshold in 2015. That started tax discussions with my sister as I do not want her to pay taxes on items that I sold. Someone suggested that I open up an S Corp with me being 99% owner and her being 1% that way the tax implication will be on me as that is the ultimate goal (all tax implications will be on me as the proceeds are going into my pocket).

A few questions:
1. Is creating a S corp the correct move for me?
2. If it is and I set an S corp, should I upgrade my (well her's) existing account or should I create a new PayPal Business account?

PayPal told me that I should create a new PayPal Business account as it will be connected to an EIN number and not a SS. If I upgrade the SS on file will be connected to the EIN and then a 1099 will be issued on combined personal and business sales.

3. If I create a new PayPal account, should I use a new email address or create a new one?

4. If I create a new email address, can I use 2 PayPal accounts on one eBay account. So for example, I will sell low $ amount items on the personal and high $ amount on the business.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Assistance is needed. Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Upgrade to PayPal Business?

Can anyone help me with this?
Old 06-07-2016
Threadstarter  

Following up on this and hopefully someone senior can help me with this
Old 06-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I can address 3. and 4. 1. and 2. I won't deal with since my experience with paypal business account in the US is limited - lots of posts discuss EIN creation and such so perhaps worth for you to search them out.

For 3. and 4., you really do NOT want to add e-mails and have 2 paypals going with one ebay - the whole mess is linked and can be shutdown at any time. Paypal can be skiddish and look at all this activity as "risky". What you need to do is learn stealth and make UNLINKED ebay/paypal combos that are SEPARATE from one another - don't list the same stuff initially - build them with low transaction and feedback. Once time has passed, you can slowly introduce your income earning sales on to them - vary the listings, do NOT use same photos. Each UNLINKED paypal can be upgraded to business with EIN.