eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Anyone know why paypal would do this? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/9685-anyone-know-why-paypal-would-do.html)

ryder1721 02-23-2009 03:15 AM

Anyone know why paypal would do this?

paypal opened a claim against me, it's called inquiry by paypal, here is what they say

This payment has been selected for review and we have opened an investigation.

This is a security measure meant to protect you from problem transactions.

We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until the investigation is complete.

Please provide some additional information about this transaction.

Response deadline: Mar. 1, 2009

anyone know what the deal with this is? do they do this on their own or did the buyer contact them?

cortex 02-23-2009 09:00 AM

This happened to me. They asked me to provide proof of postage. I scanned and uploaded postal receipts as proof of postage and the money was released within 3 days.

I had 2 transactions held recently. PP says it was because the buyers account may have been used without their authorisation.

Burst 02-23-2009 12:37 PM

I've received them before as well. For .99 ebooks! I never replied because of such a petty transaction. Same reason. The buyers end may have been tampered with.

divine422 02-23-2009 01:13 PM

If i havent shipped the item yet and its for something very expensive i tend to refund the buyer and its either the money they used was from a fraudulent transaction, it wasnt authorized or Paypals on a trip and i dont need any stress from any of the above. And if they are unconfirmed as well, thats a no no.

BooMer 02-23-2009 02:15 PM

I got a transaction held on Feb 6th by Paypal too. The buyer purchased on Jan 26th and item was shipped and delivered with confirmation on Jan 29th. The reason/email paypal gave me was "Inquiry Bank Return" from the buyers bank. They didn't ask me to submit anything and the status is "Being reviewed by Paypal". So you would think why I should be responsible for paypal not verifying and approving the buyers bank transfer in the first place. Its been almost three weeks and still nothing from paypal. In my transaction page tells me that I am eligible for Seller Protection so I'm not that worried about this since I have Delivery Confirmation.

I think this is PayPal's way to collect money from the seller when they get scammed by the Buyers. Their motto is "If the buyer don't pay then the seller will."

Oh it's only a $8.00 item by the way.

Ryder1721, The best way to beat this claim is to follow the Seller protection rule. Ship to Confirmed address and Have Delivery Confirmation. Otherwise you ship at your own risk.

BooMer

newstart 02-24-2009 12:44 AM

It happened to me once also and they requested shipping info... even though I bought and printed the shipping label thru PayPal the day before.

Faxed in info and funds were released in 3 days.

JamesYaBaoy 02-24-2009 04:14 PM

One more reason to NEVER use paypal.

yaw1800 02-24-2009 04:42 PM

Also remember to be eligible for their so called seller protection the item had to be shipped within 7 days of payment received and if the value was over $250, signature confirmation is required

BooMer 02-24-2009 09:45 PM

Case Update, Just received this 5 minutes ago from paypal.

"Dear BooMer,

Thank you for providing information about the recent bank reversal. We have
reviewed the information and determined that you will not be held liable
for this reversal because you followed the guidelines of the seller
protection policy.

Any funds that may have been temporarily held are now available in your
account

Buyer's Name: XXXXXXXX
Buyer's Email: XXXXXXX

Transaction Amount: $6.97 USD
Case Number: XXXXXXX

Sincerely,
PayPal "

I knew it would happen like this. Don't sweat it when you follow the rules.

BooMer

GreenBean 02-24-2009 09:51 PM

two words: pathetic paypal. To put anyone thro' troubles like that,BooMer.:mad:

BooMer 03-05-2009 09:18 AM

I just got hit with another PayPal: Notice of Transaction Review.
What gives? Doesn't paypal knows now to clear the funds from the buyers bank before letting the transaction be completed. Is paypal giving the buyer a blank check so they can give to sellers and later to find out they don't have enough Money in the account when the sellers shipped out the item already.

We all know that Accepting a Personal Bank Check from a Buyer should clear first about 1 to 2 weeks before shipping out an item. Still I'm not worried because I followed the Paypal rules for Seller Protection, Just wanted to let out my feelings.

"Dear BooMer,

We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the buyer’s bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the bank account holder.

We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until our inquiry is complete.

We are reviewing the bank reversal and will contact you again via email with information on what to do next. You may be asked to provide additional information about this transaction.

Sincerely,
PayPal"

BooMer

moomooj 05-01-2009 03:03 AM

I just received something like this:

"We recently notified you of a bank reversal filed by First Last Name for their transaction on Apr 24, 2009.
We are contacting you to learn more about this transaction."

What does this mean? Is the buyer trying to scam me?

yaw1800 05-01-2009 09:05 AM

Yes you should definitely look into that.... and double check the steps to make sure you followed everything outlined in the seller protection, otherwise you'll be held accountable for it

gurusgrafx 05-01-2009 11:10 AM

my girlfriend paid for a lot of ebay stuff a while back thinking it was hitting her credit card instead it drew from the bank account. she didn't notice they switched it back to bank account as the default. anyway all payments were reversed because that bank account was empty. they tried to take it out of the bank a few times on each transaction then eventually went to the credit card. paypal created about a grand worth of fees on her checking account. shes still trying to get it straightened out. but had the credit card not worked also it would have done this to all the sellers.

moomooj 05-01-2009 06:00 PM

Just received another email from Paypal regarding to the inquiry:

"Thank you for responding with details about this recent transaction.

We have completed our investigation into this transaction. Any funds that may have been temporarily held are now available in your account.

We appreciate your cooperation, this inquiry is closed."

I am totally confused. I didn't even do anything yet. I guess I'm okay now?

GreenBean 05-01-2009 06:06 PM

^^^. Yes, you are OK. It is probable that the buyer was being checked.
paypal holds funds pending their checks.
roflol, paypal has done the right thing. By protecting themselves, you have been protected as well. :cheer:

mmac900 05-01-2009 10:57 PM

I lost $110 last time paypal did something for "my protection":lol: the message was exactly like this one.

Cabo 05-06-2009 02:32 AM

I recognize ryder1721's message. GreenBean is right, paypal was investigating the BUYER not you. The buyer's account was limited and they froze all of the payments he made for the last 30 days. I ran into that problem as a buyer when they linked/limited a few of my duplicate accounts. I can understand freezing the buyer's account.... but to freeze the seller's money too? And one of the payments I made was 29 days old when they put a hold on it. I think they use it as leverage to force the seller to provide address info on the buyer (make sure it matches his paypal address).

eseller 05-06-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 76778)
I've received them before as well. For .99 ebooks! I never replied because of such a petty transaction. Same reason. The buyers end may have been tampered with.

That is just an excuss they make - Its FRAUD - everything is fraud with them - I have had them say this about every transaction lately - After I refund the paypal they pay with Google and there is not FRAUD then even months later