eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Passing verification identity? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/96904-passing-verification-identity.html)

introverse 06-02-2016 01:18 PM

Passing verification identity?

Friend has his stealth account for 3+ years now. Today he tried login on paypal and for some reason it triggered that "we need to confirm it's you" message giving the options for sms texting or calling the number on his account.

Problem is that he is outside of US, so he had to pay private virtual number every month and it worked flawlessly until last month when the website where he was buying them from got closed. He asked me to help him, but I didn't have much luck.

I was searching here and found that paypal android application should pass that, but when I tried it, loading circle is up for 20-30 seconds and then app shows "We're having some trouble completing your request right now. message. I've tried free solutions like textnow and textme, but websites reports "number is not associated with your name". I've also tried registering google voice, but it doesn't allow those virtual numbers. Is there any way to get back into the account? Unfortunately, Tracfone is not the option.

plumsake2 06-02-2016 08:11 PM

Re: Passing verification identity?

This is a US account yes?

Unfortunately only the original number is going to work. He can try calling Paypal and getting them to allow you to use the new number but that probably won't work. I would not suggest adding so many numbers (especially all virtual ones). It just looks suspicious.

Really at this point it seems like your best bet is just to call and try to convince a Paypal rep to help. They may accept an alternative method of verification, such as an ID which you can get creative with.

GreenBean 06-02-2016 08:40 PM

Suggest to your friend to join here.

:coffee:

introverse 06-03-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 776873)
This is a US account yes?

Unfortunately only the original number is going to work. He can try calling Paypal and getting them to allow you to use the new number but that probably won't work. I would not suggest adding so many numbers (especially all virtual ones). It just looks suspicious.

Really at this point it seems like your best bet is just to call and try to convince a Paypal rep to help. They may accept an alternative method of verification, such as an ID which you can get creative with.

Yes, it's US account bought a couple years ago and worked great until recently. Somehow I managed to get a google voice number for him, but it still didn't work. I figured it out last night that only solution for him is to call, since nothing worked. Would tracfone work in this case at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 776879)
Suggest to your friend to join here.

:coffee:

He reads the forum often, he is just not registered.

plumsake2 06-04-2016 04:43 PM

A Tracfone would have worked for creating the account and if the Tracfone was still active then it would work for passing this verification yes. But adding a Tracfone now will not help since it is not the original number used when creating the account.

Since you don't have that number anymore, calling Paypal is your best option.

juanaiguana 06-04-2016 06:15 PM

You migh try this service
Code:

http://sonetel.com/en/prices/phone-numbers/

yankee 06-05-2016 06:36 AM

To be clear, ANY NEW NUMBER will not work. It must be the original number used when creating the account.

You can call and tell them you no longer have the old number and need it deleted and add a new number but other verification is required.