Can not deactivate PP security Key. HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Can not deactivate PP security Key. HELP

Hi, i stuck with a couple accounts of mine. There used to be an option "old account overview" and inside was an option to activate security key. So i activated it. Now found out i can not link eb and pp with that stuff activated- in ebay chosing link "Link your paypal account" and it opens screan where i need to log in to pp, and once i log in it ask for a security key code sent to phone, then entering it and it ask for the pasword again, once entered asking security key code again and it goes in a loop like this all the time. Everything works fine if security key is deactivated. THEY REMOVED "old account overview" OPTION! and now i can not access it and deactivate it..

Googled it and other people has an option to deactivate it in a new interface, but mine accounts does not has any options like this...

I need to access old interface somehow to deactivate it. I know i simply can call them and ask to do that but that is my last option as it can flag account.

How i could access the old interface? any ideas to try before calling them and asking?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Can not deactivate PP security Key. HELP

Hopefully someone will chime in, but you should still be able to access to old interface using the link to the old interface if your have the URL.

Only the button at the bottom of the page was removed, the old interface still exists.

Someone posted that link on another thread in the last few days...
Old 06-28-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post

Someone posted that link on another thread in the last few days...
Here is the link that he was talking about in the other post, haven't tried it myself, but its a start.

For example, this should take you to the classic site bank account section (warning, direct link to Paypal): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-ach

Old 06-28-2016

Longevity: 76%

No clue why sites keep making it harder. Godaddy used be so easy to use about 10-20 changes ago (might be over exaggerating a bit). Namecheap only changed site twice in past two decades. What I love is as bad PayPal is Payza worse they made transactions into facebook feed like. Worse they added Google recaphacha to login which when my dsl went down would never work on 3G connection I pick right pictures than say error connecting to Goggle. No clue why sites going graphic heavy used love when sites offer text only version or printer friendly version now that needed few offer it. News sites have some worse offenders. They love putting 20-40 flash ads. No clue why as no one going click if kill computer just viewing news no way I going click on your ad. Might be why Yahoo profit keeps going down as they load more and more ads.
Old 06-28-2016

@JJ - PayPal are making changes to become more easy to use and user friendly. They are doing well in that aspect because its become quite basic look-wise compared to the classic view.

However, for advanced users / users from the past, its become a bit too basic and buggy for our liking.
Old 06-29-2016

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
@JJ - PayPal are making changes to become more easy to use and user friendly. They are doing well in that aspect because its become quite basic look-wise compared to the classic view.

However, for advanced users / users from the past, its become a bit too basic and buggy for our liking.
Now it is for blind people (everything is very large now), and for patient people (quite bugged all around). What's the point? Their target audience is now blind patient people? :D
Old 06-29-2016

Longevity: 76%

The site has big graphic so us using dongles waste few mb just opening homepage.
Old 06-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Now it is for blind people (everything is very large now), and for patient people (quite bugged all around). What's the point? Their target audience is now blind patient people? :D
I get your point. But a lot of websites will now have larger graphics (and PayPal is one of them) to accommodate tablet/mobile users, and generally computers with touch interfaces. In the end, those users make up a big share of their profits

You may be thinking, but they have apps for that ... But some people just like to use the browser for stuff like that as well.

Get used to it, the web will become like this soon, it just has to.

As for the patience aspect, well... patience is a virtue.