eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal and eCommerce (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/97636-paypal-ecommerce.html)

Prime 07-02-2016 03:58 PM

PayPal and eCommerce

Hey everyone!!

I have a couple new PayPal accounts with a CC verified and was looking to start selling items on an eCommerce platform. I would probably use the Wordpress plugin for people to purchase the items.

My question is, how slow do I have to sell on these platforms so that PayPal won't limit me? I'm selling $150-300 high risk items according to eBay, but is just selling using PayPal and eCommerce less risky?

Thanks!!

empirestate 07-02-2016 05:59 PM

Re: PayPal and eCommerce

Selling outside of eBay is more risky to Paypal's eyes.

Play 07-02-2016 06:41 PM

In my experience, I've had a better experience selling to customers directly through my website using PayPal than via eBay.

Reason being is, a) when something goes wrong, the customer contacts you to solve the issue, and doesn't open a case on ebay and leave it to ebay to deal with on their behalf, and b) You've guessed it, no ebay resolution centre, so one less issue to deal with.

In terms of risk, I can't see it being much higher, so long as you have a professional looking website, social media links, and all in all, make yourself look 'well established', you should be good to go.

Finally, since your selling solely via PayPal, you need to consider their terms/policy carefully, one slip up, and they'll have you.

Ubaida 07-02-2016 10:45 PM

Whatever you decide you have to start slow and gradually up it.

What I noticed about eBay is that by paying your eBay fees from a paypal account gets you brownie points with paypal. They love collecting fees and sometimes i make one time payments randomly rather than waiting for an invoice. I feel like it gives your account more history.

I came to this conclusion because on my personal account i would be asked for verification then I go pay my eBay fees then try again and no verification needed anymore. Could've been a one time thing but nothing to lose.

aspkin 07-02-2016 10:53 PM

You should be fine with that dollar amount but whatever you do don't make any sudden increase in sales within the first few months. You want to keep things steady if possible.

It also matters what you sell.. PayPal will check. If things look good than you should be fine.