eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Big Payment (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/97946-big-payment.html)

ProblemChild 07-15-2016 02:49 AM

Big Payment

I have like a 3 month old stealth paypal account with my bank attched and a vcc,

is there a chance it will get limited if I accept a payment thats about 4000?

Ebayorbust 07-15-2016 02:55 AM

Re: Big Payment

It really depends on the account's transaction history as opposed to it's age.

There is always a chance of getting limited when receiving any size of payment. The risk is reduced if the account has a history of receiving similar sized payments.

If the account has no transaction history at all then you'd be best to find an alternative way to receive the payment.

ProblemChild 07-15-2016 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 786275)

There is always a chance of getting limited when receiving any size of payment. The risk is reduced if the account has a history of receiving similar sized payments.

If the account has no transaction history at all then you'd be best to find an alternative way to receive the payment.

do donations count as transaction history, i used this acc to collect funds from gofundme

yankee 07-15-2016 08:36 AM

I would call paypal FIRST and discuss it with them. It can make the difference of being able to do it and being limited.

empirestate 07-15-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 786275)

I agree...

GreenBean 07-15-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProblemChild (Post 786283)
do donations count as transaction history, i used this acc to collect funds from gofundme

You mean you are an approved Principal for a Real Fundraiser or moving funds via paypal in stealth?

:ranger:

madridreal 07-16-2016 08:21 AM

Whenever i received payment of $400 +
it will get limited the account right away

slokor 07-16-2016 01:40 PM

If the amount is that large I wouldnt even think about using paypal on the offchance it could get limited.
Just use a bank transfer or a similar method. Do NOT risk it.

ProblemChild 07-16-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 786577)
If the amount is that large I wouldnt even think about using paypal on the offchance it could get limited.
Just use a bank transfer or a similar method. Do NOT risk it.

Well guys, I took a payment of 1000

It didnt get limited, and it didnt even hold, I transfer 800 bucks to my bank acc

everything was going fine

and then i checked this morning and the acc got limited and the 800 got put back into my paypal :violin: :violin:

yankee 07-16-2016 05:50 PM

Yup!
You have to get permission to do anything like this on a newer account, but hey, what the heck do we know right?

Can you refund?

ProblemChild 07-16-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 786590)
Yup!
You have to get permission to do anything like this on a newer account, but hey, what the heck do we know right?

Can you refund?

Ya, aye i have a pp acc i forgot the pw but still have acess to the email, and when I selct forogt pw, it send the verificaiton to my email , but then it ask for a 2nd verfication method of the phone number of which I no longer have acess to, if I call paypal would they help me get back into the acc?

yankee 07-16-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProblemChild (Post 786591)
Ya, aye i have a pp acc i forgot the pw but still have acess to the email, and when I selct forogt pw, it send the verificaiton to my email , but then it ask for a 2nd verfication method of the phone number of which I no longer have acess to, if I call paypal would they help me get back into the acc?

Can you pass data base questions?

If not, it can be tricky but doable.

Play 07-16-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProblemChild (Post 786588)
and then i checked this morning and the acc got limited and the 800 got put back into my paypal :violin: :violin:

Typical PayPal 'ey... they give you hope, and then they take it all away (again). :faint:

GreenBean 07-16-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProblemChild (Post 786588)
Well guys, I took a payment of 1000

It didnt get limited, and it didnt even hold, I transfer 800 bucks to my bank acc

everything was going fine

So why ignore advice?

Are you also saying you used a paypal account for this transaction without having all info details? :faint:
I do a heck of a lot of work with Animal charities & the likes of gofund. paypal have made it so hard at times for people to try to donate. Why? Because scammers have made phake charities to try to move funds.

paypal take no prisoners in these situations.
:shhh:

ProblemChild 07-17-2016 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 786597)
So why ignore advice?

Are you also saying you used a paypal account for this transaction without having all info details? :faint:
I do a heck of a lot of work with Animal charities & the likes of gofund. paypal have made it so hard at times for people to try to donate. Why? Because scammers have made phake charities to try to move funds.

paypal take no prisoners in these situations.
:shhh:

na i was actually using youcaring not gofundme i got them confused, not doing anything ⊗⊗⊗⊗

jeffweico 07-17-2016 12:57 AM

I would say that in order to accept a payment that size a call to PayPal would be in order. If they know what is going on, there is a much lower chance of the account being limited.

Having said that, calling in on a stealth account is always a risk, especially when asking permission to receive a large payment. They may see it as an opportunity to ask you some questions - like what is your social security number?

If you wanted to receive $4,000 on a REAL account, I would say go ahead and call, because you could give them what they wanted. But on a stealth account it is simply not wise.

Even if this was an aged account, there could be problems. For example, if the amounts you receive are always $25 - $50 and then you suddenly get a $4,000 payment, that will raise some eyebrows at PayPal. But if you were normally getting payments of $3,000 - $7,000 then it would probably just sail through. What is normal can be different for every account - it depends on the account history.

All in all, PayPal is NOT a great way to receive money, I don't care what their ads say. We use it with eBay because we have no other choice. I would much rather use Western Union or Moneygram for payments that size. If your trading partner was against using them, then I would choose another service or a bank transfer. If you have no other choice, then you might TRY it with PayPal, but the most likely result is an account limitation with them asking for a photo ID, proof of address, proof of SSN and an explanation as to what the payment was for.

GreenBean 07-17-2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProblemChild (Post 786623)
na i was actually using youcaring not gofundme i got them confused, not doing anything ⊗⊗⊗⊗

Similar concept.

Now you need your info and try to get paypal to accept the transfer

Good Luck.

Jackery 07-18-2016 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProblemChild (Post 786274)
is there a chance it will get limited if I accept a payment thats about 4000?

Do $200 every few days, no need to get greedy.

Speeder33 07-18-2016 11:45 AM

Receiving a large transaction and immediately withdrawing 80% of it is a huge red flag. Slow and steady wins every time

slokor 07-18-2016 11:52 AM

And if it does need to be that large amount do as I mentioned before - avoid paypal altogether.