Ein question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-18-2016
MU
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Ein question

How are you guys getting multiple ein numbers? On the irs website it states they only allow one ein applied for if online. The rest you need to send in paperwork.

So how yall doing it? Are you sending in the paperwork? Or is there something I dont know about? I tried to file another and it denied me citing that. Then told me I needed to issue paperwork and mail online.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-18-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Yo can get one type of EIN a day online. So you can open 365 a year. You can actually open more than one a day, but it must be a different type of entity.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2016
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Ein question

You carefully read over the IRS site.

www.irs.gov

It does outline how to make the needed tax ID in full detail.

If you are still unsure, you can actually call them, toll-free to talk about matters.
__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

Ok so what type of entity? LLC? I tried tht once and it was asking for my old ein number as the responsible party
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

We cannot process your application online if the responsible party is an entity with an EIN previously obtained through the Internet. Please use one of our other methods to apply. See How to Apply for an EIN. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Says right on website..so im confused
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Well, you certainly do sound confused.

You need your SS number to get an EIN not a previous EIN.

If you are applying for a sole proprietor, you can only have one in a lifetime.

Call them tomorrow is my suggestion and get a hold of your accountant to determine what entity and how you will be taxed is best for you and your financial/liability situation.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-18-2016)
  #7  
Old 07-18-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Well, you certainly do sound confused.

You need your SS number to get an EIN not a previous EIN.

If you are applying for a sole proprietor, you can only have one in a lifetime.

Call them tomorrow is my suggestion and get a hold of your accountant to determine what entity and how you will be taxed is best for you and your financial/liability situation.
Maybe thats why? First one I ever filed was sole proprietor.

Ok so which one should I choose LLC or corp? Or which do you select? I dont want to go through the bs of LLC filing with the state.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
Maybe thats why? First one I ever filed was sole proprietor.

Ok so which one should I choose LLC or corp? Or which do you select? I dont want to go through the bs of LLC filing with the state.
Then forget this and go get a job maybe?

If you dont want to go through the BS of opening a business, then stop now. This is serious stuff. You are talking tax evasion, tax rates that vary greatly and your life dealing with the IRS and state Department of Revenue.

With this mentality, I strongly suggest quieting now before you find yourself in a lot of trouble.
Wish you luck.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-18-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Then forget this and go get a job maybe?

If you dont want to go through the BS of opening a business, then stop now. This is serious stuff. You are talking tax evasion, tax rates that vary greatly and your life dealing with the IRS and state Department of Revenue.

With this mentality, I strongly suggest quieting now before you find yourself in a lot of trouble.
Wish you luck.
This is only temp till my main comes back from dsr. The main has my ss attached for 2 years with no limitation. So can easily file taxes if need be under personal. Surprisingly my ss is blocked, but new stealth has been open 2 years with 0 limitation with reall ss atached. So im assuming corp is the way to go since I dont have to file articels with state?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
This is only temp till my main comes back from dsr. The main has my ss attached for 2 years with no limitation. So can easily file taxes if need be under personal. Surprisingly my ss is blocked, but new stealth has been open 2 years with 0 limitation with reall ss atached. So im assuming corp is the way to go since I dont have to file articels with state?

ALL companies must file articles of incorporation with the state
corporation....... Corporation has MORE paper work than an LLC....

EVERY entity will have annual fees, reports and taxes to file.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-19-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

I guess I got lucky, never had to file nothing with the state under my other ein.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-19-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
I guess I got lucky, never had to file nothing with the state under my other ein.
because it was the once in a lifetime sole proprietor.... only get one of those. it is also the most taxed entity including the 15% extra self employment tax and it also offers zero liability protection.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-19-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

You really need to talk to your accountant about these things. Might be the most important and critical legal and accounting advice you will ever ask for in your life. Not an area to be a hack in.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-19-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,430
Thanks: 1,691
Thanked 2,970 Times in 2,242 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
I guess I got lucky, never had to file nothing with the state under my other ein.
I didn't realize you had a thread when I responded to your PM. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

You need to be careful neglecting legal paperwork because it can come back around and bite you in the butt.

For you to get any more EIN's I recommend LLC's. As yankee said though it's always best to talk to an accountant beforehand so you know what you're getting into and what your obligations will be. If you do choose to get an LLC EIN, you WILL HAVE TO file articles of incorporation with your state before tax time. It's not difficult and usually runs about $100 in most states. You can file your articles online at your state's business one stop.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 07-19-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
jeanbean0109 (07-19-2016)
  #15  
Old 07-19-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I didn't realize you had a thread when I responded to your PM. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

You need to be careful neglecting legal paperwork because it can come back around and bite you in the butt.

For you to get any more EIN's I recommend LLC's. As yankee said though it's always best to talk to an accountant beforehand so you know what you're getting into and what your obligations will be. If you do choose to get an LLC EIN, you WILL HAVE TO file articles of incorporation with your state before tax time. It's not difficult and usually runs about $100 in most states. You can file your articles online at your state's business one stop.
Ok guess im going to have to. So how do I set it up when te stealth is another state than me. Set the ein for the stealth state and mailing address to me? Bought the account from the market...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-20-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,430
Thanks: 1,691
Thanked 2,970 Times in 2,242 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
Ok guess im going to have to. So how do I set it up when te stealth is another state than me. Set the ein for the stealth state and mailing address to me? Bought the account from the market...
All of my business accounts were purchased from here and none of them match the state I live in. It doesn't matter though. You register your EIN with 100% factual info. Never lie to the IRS. Use the state you live in and your exact mailing address on the EIN application. The state your Ebay account is registered in does not have to match the state of your EIN.

When tax time comes Paypal will issue a 1099 with whatever contact info you have on file in Paypal. You take the 1099 to an accountant and simply pay taxes for your EIN. My 1099's last year had both the stealth name and (out of state) addresses. But again, it doesn't matter. You just pay taxes for your EIN.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
jeanbean0109 (07-20-2016)
  #17  
Old 07-20-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

Ok thanks for the info. Will get it started soon.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-20-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

Quick question...can Paypal see the mailing address if I put my own. Or all they can see is name of buisness and ein match?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-20-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
Quick question...can Paypal see the mailing address if I put my own. Or all they can see is name of buisness and ein match?
What Paypal will ask the IRS is this one question: Does this NAME match this Tax number? and the IRS responds with a YES or NO answer.

Your address you use on the IRS and State website does not have to match the address paypal has.

Make sure you enter the name exactly on paypal. So if it is Jeanbean Sales LLC you can not forget the LLC or Sales etc....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-20-2016
MU
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 131
Thanks: 7
Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Ein question

Ok then is all well and the confusion settled. Site let me make the ein...thanks for the help!! Just will have to get my lawyer to do the llc paperwork in the future
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-20-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,430
Thanks: 1,691
Thanked 2,970 Times in 2,242 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
Ok then is all well and the confusion settled. Site let me make the ein...thanks for the help!! Just will have to get my lawyer to do the llc paperwork in the future
There really isn't any need for a lawyer. It's a lot easier than it sounds. You answer about 10 questions on an online questionnaire about your business. Things like the business address, tax ID, members, etc. I seriously wouldn't recommend paying a lawyer to do it for you. But hey, whatever makes you comfortable.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-20-2016
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,762
Thanks: 2,242
Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,893 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Ein question

I agree with phaz0rz. Get advice from your accountant about what type of entity is best for you such as a LLC sub chapter-s or whatnot.

No need to pay an attorney to type you name and address into a government website that you have access to at home.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Security # Question plus EIN Question survivorfan1985 Subscriber Discussions 8 08-06-2015 11:05 PM
New Paypal Account Question & eBay Personal Information Question ed209 UK eBay & Paypal 22 12-06-2012 02:36 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts