eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Commercial Entity Agreement - WTF? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/98107-commercial-entity-agreement-wtf.html)

phaz0rz 07-22-2016 08:20 AM

Commercial Entity Agreement - WTF?

Is everyone seeing the new "Commercial Entity agreement" when logging into business Paypal's this morning?

Anyone have any idea what this is all about? It appears to be a separate contract between business accounts and visa/mastercard, and a few banks.

It says we have until October 1st to accept the terms or we won't be able to accept payments anymore. I don't really mind accepting, but I'm worried about the possible implications for a stealth business account. I don't want to enter into an illegal contract with visa/mastercard.

Any input would be appreciated. . . .

jeanbean0109 07-22-2016 08:24 AM

Re: Commercial Entity Agreement - WTF?

Got a picture of what it says and what you are agreeing too?

GreenBean 07-22-2016 08:24 AM

They changed the rules of this. Relates to credit card processing.

warning paypal link

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mp...agreement-full

I only got an email a couple of hours ago. More bed time reading.

phaz0rz 07-23-2016 08:00 AM

Bump??

I'm nervous about this and would really appreciate the input of other business account operators.

For the record these notices only seem to be going out to very large accounts. I only got it on one of my 3 business accounts yesterday..

yankee 07-23-2016 08:36 AM

What is the worry about?

You have two options.
First option is to wait until October and then accept if they wont allow payments.

Second option : Do not agree and no longer accept paypal and go with a merchant account.
Not really seeing what your concern is. Not very many options to choose from.

phaz0rz 07-23-2016 08:47 AM

I know I'm obligated to accept these new contracts regardless, I just wanted to make sure I'm not doing anything illegal before I accept.

As I've mentioned before none of my business accounts have my actual name on them. I'm thinking that won't be a problem though, since the contract would be between my business (not me, personally) and the financial institution(s).

Thoughts?

yankee 07-23-2016 08:52 AM

What you click accept, are you just checking boxes?

phaz0rz 07-23-2016 08:55 AM

Yes. Here's a screenshot:

https://s31.postimg.org/xfekmlji3/Untitled.png

I don't know if you've seen it or not yet, Yankee. But when I log on there are 5 or 6 of these notices which I have to accept before October 1st.

yankee 07-23-2016 09:01 AM

You must have just now hit certain dollar amounts for the year. I have seen them in the past for american express and prabally this exact one as well.

I just accept. They are not asking for SS or proof of address. All MC is doing is acknowledging that you are operating a business and the wording will get into chargebacks and fraud etc...

If you used a processor other than paypal, you need to accept these terms before accepting MC, Visa, Amex. Sometimes they run your credit and that is something I do not like at all. This is not going to be like that.

Paypal is only the processor so when you get to a certain size, MC needs to make sure they are protected as well.

I would find it flattering and be a bit proud lol

sergfro 11-02-2016 12:09 PM

somebody sounds paranoid - must be selling phakes

phaz0rz 11-02-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergfro (Post 809840)
somebody sounds paranoid - must be selling phakes

Is there any particular reason you bumped my thread from several months ago back to the top? For the record I'm not paranoid at all, I was just unsure about what I was agreeing to and also why I was being prompted to agree to the agreements.

Somebody sounds like a troll. Must not be getting enough sales to stay busy.

yankee 11-02-2016 01:56 PM

Im a busy troll.

joesshooze 11-02-2016 04:12 PM

What is all the fuss about? The only problem would be if the intent was to defraud or why would it be an issue? The only reason Visa or MC would care is if it cost them $$. In any event good luck.