Can PayPal reverse a Withdrawal to a Credit Card - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-04-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Can PayPal reverse a Withdrawal to a Credit Card

I don't think this question has been asked before.

But can PP reversed/canceled a withdrawal made to a Credit Card. Not to be confused with a Refund.

I know ACH in the US for example; once a withdrawal is 'completed', PayPal can't really canceled the payment. But for those countries were they can only disburse to a Credit/Debit card, could they cancel and has anyone experience this before.

Thank you ahead, willing to give Other stealth options a try.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-04-2016

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Can PayPal reverse a Withdrawal to a Credit Card

Once its shows status as 'completed' it cannot be reversed either
The Following User Says Thank You to william7878 For This Useful Post:
mophie (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016
Threadstarter  

I've read somewhere that they can be reversed as oppose to ACH, but I can quite remember where. I want to buy the relodable vcc and try it on stealth.
Old 08-05-2016

Longevity: 48%

They cannot *reverse* the withdrawal, but they can take money from your with-drawable credit card as if it was a normal one, if needed. Which on practice is the same thing, in different words.

I am using the VCC method for withdrawals, and I once had this problem that a customer charged back, leaving my Paypal at an almost negative balance. Then eBay wanted to charge it's fees, and so the money came from my VCC to which I withdrew the money before. I am not 100% sure but I believe that if your PayPal balance becomes negative, PayPal will also use your CC to fund the balance.

That's the main difference with a bank account, where by default they cannot take any money without your explicit authorization, so your money is safer there.
Old 08-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierAlonsoMartin View Post
I am not 100% sure but I believe that if your PayPal balance becomes negative, PayPal will also use your CC to fund the balance.
Yes they can - and any bank account on file - the order in which they "use" depends on your preferences
Old 08-05-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Yes they can - and any bank account on file - the order in which they "use" depends on your preferences
I don't believe they can do that with a bank account, at least not in Europe.

I had many cases where I withdrew money to my Spanish bank right before I sensed a ****storm coming, and my account went negative. And they didn't use the bank accounts money to fund it.

Furthermore I still have many limited negative accounts with bank attached, and have money safely stored in those bank accounts.

I believe you need to accept some contract first before you allow them to access your bank. When you want to pay with bank using PayPal they show you that thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JavierAlonsoMartin For This Useful Post:
mophie (08-05-2016), rsot (08-05-2016)
Old 08-05-2016
Threadstarter  

Very interesting, I could see ebay charging it's fees, but PayPal withdrawing money from a credit card, could be a lot more troubling.

I hear some of these deposits take 2 - 30 days before the issuer bank post them. Would take PayPal considerable amount of time to charge a debit card not knowing for sure those funds hit their account holders balance. Therefore, quite hard for PP to get into your card, unless you gave it permission, you attached your card, but I'm pretty sure, you could only reload/resolve your balance through an US Bank account attached.

Which like JavierAlonsoMartin said is not really possible unless you give some sort of authorization.