eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal changed their policies about instant payments ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/98453-paypal-changed-their-policies-about-instant-payments.html)

Arminass 08-05-2016 05:08 AM

paypal changed their policies about instant payments ?

Hello members,
few month ago I could receive instant paypal payments from other paypal accounts (I send invoice to customer and he/she pays it). Money is available instantly. Even for newer account.

Nowadays all payments are held for 21 days, tried it with 3 different accounts, amounts up to 800 dollars.

Did you also noticed that ? I called paypal and they told something about that they changed they policies...

I don`t feel comfortable shipping out expensive mobile phone until my payments is released.

Any thoughts ?

Thank you.

sax4 08-05-2016 06:14 AM

Re: paypal changed their policies about instant payments ?

If you are selling expensive phones then best thing you can do is to add tracking as soon as sent then your funds should be available in a few days. Holds should go away after a few more successful transactions

Dmshark25 08-05-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arminass (Post 790688)
Hello members,
few month ago I could receive instant paypal payments from other paypal accounts (I send invoice to customer and he/she pays it). Money is available instantly. Even for newer account.

Nowadays all payments are held for 21 days, tried it with 3 different accounts, amounts up to 800 dollars.

Did you also noticed that ? I called paypal and they told something about that they changed they policies...

I don`t feel comfortable shipping out expensive mobile phone until my payments is released.

Any thoughts ?

Thank you.

Yes they did make changes, with new accounts it will now take more time to get instant payments even after ebay requirements are fulfilled

Payelectronica 08-05-2016 02:45 PM

Seems like PayPal is slowing the process down with many new accounts. On some accounts they will hold payments if the item sold is not consistent with previously sold items. Even if the item is of lesser value.

agent-x 08-05-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 790699)
Yes they did make changes, with new accounts it will now take more time to get instant payments even after ebay requirements are fulfilled

Even if you upload racking references?

How much more time?

Arminass 08-06-2016 03:11 AM

It becomes harder and harder to work using paypal..
Why there is nothing similar to paypal...

BiN4RY 08-06-2016 03:57 AM

If you're a legit seller, you shouldn't be concerned too much by the 21-day hold. Just ship your item out in a timely fashion and Paypal will release your fund a few days after it's delivered.

Dmshark25 08-06-2016 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent-x (Post 790784)
Even if you upload racking references?

How much more time?

If you upload tracking they still will normally release funds 3 days after delivered, they have just been adding an additional 60 days with the 21 day hold after the first 90,

i have had this on 2 newer accounts the past month, they even give a meter showing where your at in regards to the 60 days .... 4/60 ..this would be 4 days out of 60 since holds have been reapplied so your able to track your progress

rsot 08-06-2016 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arminass (Post 790841)
It becomes harder and harder to work using paypal..
Why there is nothing similar to paypal...

It has been publicized a lot and too well accepted by the masses...

fuzzylogik 08-06-2016 09:36 AM

You can find the requirements here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mp...nts-learn-more

desikanjar 08-06-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 790848)
If you're a legit seller, you shouldn't be concerned too much by the 21-day hold. Just ship your item out in a timely fashion and Paypal will release your fund a few days after it's delivered.

if your a legit seller you should still be worried because paypal can limit an account whenever they feel like,
if your small fry doing £300 daily sale paypal will have in their possession £6000 within 20 days .thats a lot of money ,even if they dont shaft your account it will create significant cash flow problems .

RazvanDK 08-07-2016 05:33 AM

They should really just change their name to Buyerpal....or ****SellersPal lol.

rsot 08-07-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazvanDK (Post 791032)
They should really just change their name to Buyerpal....or ****SellersPal lol.

Or remove the "Pal"...

Arminass 08-08-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 791044)
Or remove the "Pal"...

This one made my day :D :D :D LOL

digim0n 08-10-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 790852)
If you upload tracking they still will normally release funds 3 days after delivered, they have just been adding an additional 60 days with the 21 day hold after the first 90,

i have had this on 2 newer accounts the past month, they even give a meter showing where your at in regards to the 60 days .... 4/60 ..this would be 4 days out of 60 since holds have been reapplied so your able to track your progress

Can you tell me how I can check this on my accounts?

Zippythewondersquid 08-11-2016 01:01 AM

PayPal is randomly holding money. No matter How quickly you add shipping info or how quickly the item arrives to the buyer. I know this for a fact. Even after positive feedback I had money held for another 8 days. Here is the work around given to me by ( and get this) a PayPal employee. Cancel the sale. explain to the buyer why ( they will understand) Then send a request for payment. For some reason this works and the money is available instantly. Here is the part that is WRONG Ebay gets the shaft for the final value fee. So, my guess is that this rep from PP hated the company so much he has been telling users of this loophole. Folks, If you do this ( I do not recommend you do) Send the item to the poor guy/gal on the other end. It is a nightmare enough having to deal with either of these companies when things go smoothly.

Arminass 08-11-2016 05:05 AM

Even worse now guys.

I updated tracking information, used DHL overnight shipping, god positive feedback from buyer and paypal STILL WILL HOLD MY MONEY FOR 21 days. As they explained on the phone to me THEY CHANGED THEIR POLICIES...

amount is 2.5k

I am so sad now I want to cry :D

Dmshark25 08-11-2016 04:38 PM

Next time, instead of calling when u log on PayPal click help or contact on the bottom of any page and send an email to them and copy and paste the transaction. Just wait 3 days after its delivered to send the email

If u get an AUTOMATED response which is what usually happens reply back to the automated response with ur question again and a real rep will respond.

I always do this if I notice that a payment hasn't released after 3 days from delivery and every time it is released with the email and usually quickly within a couple hours.

And I have just had .a payment released like this 2 days ago.

They didn't take this away, it's advertised everywhere on their site where u see funds availability. Yes before it seemed to always automatically update with the tracking where now I find myself needing to email to have them update and release