eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Winning a dispute? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/9877-winning-dispute.html)

mmac900 03-08-2009 09:33 PM

Winning a dispute?

I sold an item to a person in the uk(im in the us) and he filed a claim that he did not receive it, and it has been 3 weeks. I do not know if he is bull****ing me or not, but the problem is that it was $110 and paypal wants me to prove that I sent it. I do not have the receipt from the post office anymore! What can I do at this point? I should also add that my ebay account has been suspended about 2 weeks ago as well...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here We Go Again 03-08-2009 09:45 PM

What does the package number say when you did the USPS track on it?

mmac900 03-08-2009 09:55 PM

I didnt send it through paypal if thats what you mean. First class international through USPS.

Freedom 03-08-2009 09:59 PM

according to the post office tracking is not available for international shipping... do you have the custom papers? You could reship rocks, paypal doesn't care what you send as long as you send something. Keep the custom papers and you'll win the dispute.

Honestly, customs may have seized the item... I won't ship usps internationally because there's no tracking.

foster 03-08-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmac900 (Post 78293)
I didnt send it through paypal if thats what you mean. First class international through USPS.

You're screwed. Without a tracking number that shows it was delivered, PayPal will find in the other persons favor every time.

I've had this happen twice for the U.K. and 4-5 times for Italy. I had the receipts from the post office that showed I sent it, but it didn't matter to PayPal. I lost every dispute.

On top of losing the dispute and being out the item and shipping charges... I've even had a couple of buyers leave me negative feedback.

I no longer ship to Italy. Disputes from other international buyers are pretty infrequent, so I just refund them and eat the loss.

When it first happened I would get upset, now I shrug it off. It's just a cost of doing business.

Freedom 03-08-2009 10:58 PM

uggggh... I stopped shipping internationally. Should I have? You can send it again... paypal apparently doesn't care what you send.

Freedom 03-08-2009 11:01 PM

Can you appeal after a paypal case is closed?

aquariusvc 03-09-2009 04:04 AM

call to paypal and provider the confirm of delivery document or any document you get in post office after send this item

mmac900 03-09-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foster (Post 78299)
You're screwed. Without a tracking number that shows it was delivered, PayPal will find in the other persons favor every time.

I've had this happen twice for the U.K. and 4-5 times for Italy. I had the receipts from the post office that showed I sent it, but it didn't matter to PayPal. I lost every dispute.

On top of losing the dispute and being out the item and shipping charges... I've even had a couple of buyers leave me negative feedback.

I no longer ship to Italy. Disputes from other international buyers are pretty infrequent, so I just refund them and eat the loss.

When it first happened I would get upset, now I shrug it off. It's just a cost of doing business.

yeah its the first time it happened, goddamn lol. What if I just walk away from paypal? I have a negative balance of $81 right now, would they make me pay it? its totally ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account.

foster 03-09-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmac900 (Post 78364)
I have a negative balance of $81 right now, would they make me pay it? its totally ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account.

If all the info is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ there's no way for them to collect. If at least the phone number is correct, collections will be ringing you up.

If you had a bank account linked I'd close it down.

selling4life 09-17-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedom (Post 78294)
according to the post office tracking is not available for international shipping... do you have the custom papers? You could reship rocks, paypal doesn't care what you send as long as you send something. Keep the custom papers and you'll win the dispute.

Honestly, customs may have seized the item... I won't ship usps internationally because there's no tracking.

Only with registered service attached for a flat fee of $11.95 + the weight $ of the item.

Gman91189 09-18-2011 12:17 AM

1. only TRUSTED way on usps to be able to track internationally is EXPRESS
i sell several things overseas but all international cheapest one they have is flat rate express envelope..about 27/29ish dollars
2. without tracking info you're done, there are scamming buyers out there.. and technally every buyer could do that to you if you dont have tracking information(even in the us) specially if the item is expensive.. have sig confirmation (in the us)

great thing about express international is that it comes with guaranteed tracking AND sig confirmation.. which is a BIIIG plus with paypal and ebay..

Priority international is crap honestly less then half of the packages can be traced..

had buyer scam me out of the item and the money.... by using priority...
yea express is expensive.. but charge the buyrs.. hell i have buyers sometimes pay almost 50 dollars for shipping and handling for the 29dollar flat rate envelope..
extra 20 dollars is really good

they're buying internationally for a reason.. cause its cheaper then where they are.. so make them eat it

Gman91189 09-18-2011 12:19 AM

o and
you could throw away the pp account if it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information in it.. otherwise just pay it... could hunt you later on..

HOWever..
also take into consideration how old your pp account is.. if its only 1 wk old or something.. just move on.. but if you have a few months at least and you could work that 81 negative balance back up.. i would keep it.. just my opinion tho