Selling high priced items with a new-ish account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Selling high priced items with a new-ish account

Hello everyone,

I have a couple questions about selling with my PayPal account. This might be lengthy, so I truly apologize in advance and will make it as "to the point" as possible.

I have a business account, fully verified, that has been open for 3+ months. I was recently limited though, which I think was due to friends/family payments and not being verified for the first couple months. However after turning in all of the documents they required, they lifted the limitation within the last month.

Oh and another reason could have been that I have another account opened in my name and ss# that is limited which I forgot about. Could I still run into problems with this in the future? It was never verified and I haven't logged in for at least 6 months.

So now that my account is in good standing, I am too afraid to use it lol. This is not a stealth account by the way. To make things more difficult, the items I sell is high priced art (reborn dolls). Well maybe not high priced for some, but for me its a lot because I'm just a stay at home mom living with relatives.

For example, I recently auctioned a 9 inch fairy and it sold for $345. The money cleared yesterday, so far so good, but I have a few more babies ready to auction that I know will sell for more, maybe twice as much.

I guess what I'm asking is, should I have anything to worry about with eBay or PayPal trying to limit me for making too much too quickly? I'm not sure what qualifies as too much/ Or should I be trying to find odds and ends to sell first to try and get my account more trust worthy?

I have asked a few questions here before and this forum was very helpful, so thank you to all in advance who may have any input or suggestions. I just want to do this the right way so I can get my business going and take care of my girls.

Sara
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Selling high priced items with a new-ish account

Everyone will have a different experience with this. Much of it has to do with the items themselves.
If paypal questions where you acquired the items, do you have receipts? or a really good explanation where?

That is the biggest hiccup with high priced items. Also, it does not sound like you want to sell a high dollar item everyday all day either so that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
TheBabyMaker (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Everyone will have a different experience with this. Much of it has to do with the items themselves.
If paypal questions where you acquired the items, do you have receipts? or a really good explanation where?

That is the biggest hiccup with high priced items. Also, it does not sound like you want to sell a high dollar item everyday all day either so that helps.
Thank you for your reply Yankee! I'm also from NY, assuming that's why you chose the name lol.

I have invoices from the shops where I purchase my supplies from, is that ok? PayPal asked for them when they limited me and I sent them a few, and I always save them just in case.

The items aren't high risk, at least I don't think so, they are hand painted dolls. I purchase the blank vinyl parts and paint them and sell them as a fully put together baby doll.

It takes me about 2 weeks on average to complete 1 baby, but I do have a couple already made ready to go. I would space them out though of course.
Old 08-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

It sounds like you will be fine. Other members will disagree for sure, but your account is months old, you already passed paypals review and you are not selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items or electronics or even an mass produced item. You should be fine to move forward.
TheBabyMaker (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Babies...fairies...are they real?
Old 08-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you so much for your help Yankee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Babies...fairies...are they real?
Sax4 LOL they are not real BUT I do try to make them look as real as I can! Each baby is painted with tons of layers (baked), I root each strand of hair with a tiny needle (or sometimes paint hair) and they are life size and weighted! It takes a lot of time and patience but I love it <3

This is the fairy/elf I just sold on eBay, and the other is my latest baby

I apologize for going off course, just wanted to explain a little better with actual photos!
Old 08-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

That is incredible. Amazing how real they look.

If that is your stamp from your ebay accounts you may want to consider blocking them out or deleting them. Not everyone on these public forums are interested in helping you.
TheBabyMaker (08-23-2016)
Old 08-22-2016

Longevity: 47%

Pretty detailed work goes into these things.

I think you are fine if you were already limited and then paypal lifted because know they know what you are selling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ubaida For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabyMaker View Post
Thank you for your reply Yankee! I'm also from NY, assuming that's why you chose the name lol.

I am not in NY but grew up in MA. I chose Yankee because what seems like a cazillion years ago when I was in south Texas a friends Jokingly called me Yankee.

I though your name was because you made a bunch of babies. I guess that is true but I was imagining a family of 12 little ones running around and another on the way lol
Old 08-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys!!

Yankee: I'm trying to figure out what you mean about the stamp from my eBay account? It doesn't have anything to do with my eBay name or anything if that's what you mean? I put my nursery name on all of my photos because people have been known to use other artists photos, so I don't have any without the name.

As for the baby maker part LOL I figure people might think the same thing if they don't know what I do! :D I only have 3 little ones by the way, which is enough for me!

Thank you all again for your help! I will still be careful but I do feel more comfortable about selling now