eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   bank account blacklisted (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/99647-bank-account-blacklisted.html)

nodeal 09-19-2016 06:21 PM

bank account blacklisted

I have a bank account number that is black listed with paypal because when I added it, I accidentally chose savings instead of checking and the micro deposits didn't go through. As a result, paypal removed the bank and they will not let me add it again to this account or any other account. It seems the bank account number is black listed.

Is this permanent or will the bank account be useful at some point in the future? I ask because I am considering closing the bank account. Thank you.

slokor 09-19-2016 07:49 PM

Re: bank account blacklisted

Its permanent as are so many other things with paypal.
Just close it and open a new one.

phaz0rz 09-19-2016 08:31 PM

Yeah, you can't ever use that account/routing number combo again. BUT you may be able to have your bank change your account number if you tell them your account numbers have been compromised and you're worried about ID theft. It's at least worth a shot before closing out the account.

BiN4RY 09-19-2016 08:54 PM

The checking/savings selection you make when adding a bank account does absolutely nothing. That's not the reason why your deposits didn't go through.

You can call Paypal explaining the situation, and they should let you add it again. If not, they might ask you to send them a bank statement of that account. In this case, if you can provide them with it, then they should let you add it again.

slokor 09-19-2016 09:03 PM

That's actually not true.
With certain banks it does make a difference and I speak from experience.
That being said - calling paypal when an issue like that comes up (erroneously entering a savings account as a checking or vice versa) does usually fix that issue.

bluegrass1 09-19-2016 09:44 PM

Yup i would call pp simple error on your part tell them you messed up clicked savings by mistake and the computer wouldn't let you go back to correct it & now wont let you add the account at all :(.. Have all your accounts details ready ..

nodeal 09-20-2016 01:51 PM

Thank you for the replies.

I have called paypal 3 different times explaining that I accidentally selected the wrong account type when submitting the account numbers, and asked them if they could manually add it for me. Each time they asked me database questions based on my stealth info, so I wasn't able to add the bank.

Since this happened 3 different times, I assumed that there's no hope. Did I just get unlucky with them asking me database questions every time?

bluegrass1 09-20-2016 11:01 PM

At this point a new bank account is all thats left to try like phazorz said mite contact the bank and get a new account number if you tell them you lost a chek book or something with your account info on it instead of just closing the account

nodeal 09-20-2016 11:15 PM

It's no problem to contact the bank and make an excuse as to why i need a new account number. The only issue is that they have to run you through chexsystems again when you reopen a new account. If i'm going to be run through chexsystems, i want it to be for
More than just reopening 1 account.

So it sounds like this blacklisted bank account is done for. Just going to have to move on!

nodeal 09-20-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 801120)
That's actually not true.
With certain banks it does make a difference and I speak from experience.
That being said - calling paypal when an issue like that comes up (erroneously entering a savings account as a checking or vice versa) does usually fix that issue.

They are asking me database questions when i call in to ask them to re-add the bank. Is this normal or am i just having bad luck?