eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   21-day delay??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/99843-21-day-delay.html)

Chris18181 09-26-2016 01:59 AM

21-day delay???

Hi Everyone,

Today i received this email from PayPal

"
An important message about your PayPal balance

Hello PayPal User,

We want to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

Payments you receive from buyers are now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable.

If you do nothing, this money will automatically be moved to your available balance and released to you in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders).

Why?
It looks like you have a limited buying or selling history with PayPal. To protect buyers and sellers in the PayPal community, we have a 21-day delay."

they cant hold my money like this, some items have already been delivered and feedback left. I add tracking numbers to all my orders, its always something with PayPal, Always!

empirestate 09-26-2016 02:12 AM

Re: 21-day delay???

Everybody starts this way, I suggest you build multiple accounts 5 or more and atleast start the timer on all of them by selling 1 item on each account. You will thank me later.

JamesNorth101 09-26-2016 02:39 AM

That is pretty standard

You just have to wait for them to drop off. It usually takes a month or 2

spindoctor 09-26-2016 02:39 AM

That's PayPal for you. They do what they want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 802749)
Hi Everyone

Why?
It looks like you have a limited buying or selling history with PayPal. To protect buyers and sellers in the PayPal community, we have a 21-day delay."[/B]

they cant hold my money like this, some items have already been delivered and feedback left. I add tracking numbers to all my orders, its always something with PayPal, Always!

Chris18181 09-26-2016 11:31 AM

Will they still release my funds in 1-3 days after items are delivered?

Don't understand why they sent me this email

Play 09-26-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris18181 (Post 802834)
Will they still release my funds in 1-3 days after items are delivered?

Don't understand why they sent me this email

If it has tracking, should be released within 7 days (at most). That's not bad IMO.
After a little while, the entire 21 day hold should drop.

jack702 09-26-2016 11:58 AM

No!

They're starting to hold peoples money longer now.

They're holding the max 21days in some cases on newer accounts.

EVEN if tracking is uploaded and feedback is left by the buyer - paypal is still HOLDING the funds hostage!

Why? - Simple they make money on the interest and limit any possible risks.

JOKE

gdasa 09-26-2016 12:15 PM

Everyone goes thru this. In fact, PayPal has higher risk than you. Even though if they release your money in 30 days or so, but they still have a chargeback risk in 180 days. Look this way - someone sold a product, seller got money even after 21 days hold, then seller is gone from ebay/paypal. few months later, there is a problem with a product, then where will that buyer go? Buyer will file the chargeback and claim the refund.

Originally I didnt like their policy, but I took it slow, understood their point. Spoke to their risk department when they put the reserve on my account, but finally lifted all those conditions very long time back. Once you have a stable history, PayPal is very flexible.

phaz0rz 09-26-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdasa (Post 802849)
Everyone goes thru this. In fact, PayPal has higher risk than you. Even though if they release your money in 30 days or so, but they still have a chargeback risk in 180 days. Look this way - someone sold a product, seller got money even after 21 days hold, then seller is gone from ebay/paypal. few months later, there is a problem with a product, then where will that buyer go? Buyer will file the chargeback and claim the refund.

Originally I didnt like their policy, but I took it slow, understood their point. Spoke to their risk department when they put the reserve on my account, but finally lifted all those conditions very long time back. Once you have a stable history, PayPal is very flexible.

THANK YOU!!!

It gets so old hearing forum members calling Paypal a bunch of unfair tyrants every day. They are simply trying to stay a profitable business. If they let scammers take over and do whatever they want, they would quickly be run into the ground or be shut down by the gov't. Most of the time the type of member who makes this type of thread is the type of seller who's selling the worst of the worst counterfeits and knows there will be issues with many of their sales. Just trying to make off with their ill-gotten funds before the s**tstorm starts..... :bored:

quizmaniac 09-26-2016 12:48 PM

my new stealth's have the 21 day hold as expected but its a bit random as some funds are released sooner when feedback is left but not all.
Also i sold a slightly higher value item yesterday and the funds were available immediately even before i marked as dispatched added tracking or anything which surprised me.

MM78 09-26-2016 12:55 PM

People need to stop crying about 21 day holds, if your business can't survive the 21 day holds....you might as well stop selling now and find an 9-5 job. WE ALL go through 21 day holds, they didn't just pick you (those crying) for these holds.

STOP CRYING PEOPLE!

WilliamSmith 08-10-2017 02:40 PM

May be your account is new.