What Should I Do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Account Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-24-2016
aky66's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default What Should I Do

I bought a stealth account around a year ago from here. I lost the phone that came with the account. Anyway, eBay wants me to verify my phone number. I signed up with https://tollfreeforwarding.com, and added the number from there to eBay, but toll free forwarding don't except text messaging. What other options do i have?
I bought the account from jeffweico, but he is not responding to emails.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 10-24-2016
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 61,375
Thanks: 4,781
Thanked 7,439 Times in 6,787 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: What Should I Do

TFF has been known to kill the number if used to verify eB. Why not look into a cheap tracfone? Just one option.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-24-2016
aky66's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Can i set it up for the state the stealth account is in? If so that is what i will do.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2016
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,154
Thanks: 307
Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,541 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (89)
Default Re: What Should I Do

When you set up the tracfone you do so with just the zipcode and are assigned a phone number based on that zipcode. Shouldn't be a problem to get a number in your city/state.
__________________
THE ONLY SELLER OFFERING SUPER HIGH LIMIT ACCOUNTS:
10,000/$1,000,000 - AGED!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (10-27-2016), rsot (10-26-2016)
  #5  
Old 10-24-2016
aky66's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Ok, thanks that is what i will do.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-24-2016
MU
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 286
Thanks: 7
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by aky66 View Post
I lost the phone that came with the account. Anyway, eBay wants me to verify my phone number. I signed up with
eBay is going to want the registered number for verification not a new number...this acct. is done if you don't have that registered number available
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Does paypal expect you to have the same number used for account opening verification when it asks for another verification months later? Paying $9 every month for tracfone airtime seems quite expensive and makes me wonder how people here really manage 100 accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2016
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,138
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,842 Times in 3,342 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
Does paypal expect you to have the same number used for account opening verification when it asks for another verification months later?
Yes they do....

Quote:
Paying $9 every month for tracfone airtime seems quite expensive and makes me wonder how people here really manage 100 accounts.
That's not PayPals problem now is it, it's yours.....if you can't afford $9/month you need to either find another method of maintaining a phone number or stop selling, because if you can't cover $9/month you aren't actually making any real money are you?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-25-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Please what other method is there to maintaining a phone number?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2016
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 61,375
Thanks: 4,781
Thanked 7,439 Times in 6,787 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
Please what other method is there to maintaining a phone number?
You mean to avoid the cost of keeping the line open?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-26-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You mean to avoid the cost of keeping the line open?
yes to avoid the cost of keeping the line open. Though at this point i've decided to use tracfones and just make monthly autorefills for like $9. I was thinking of signing up for the 90days or 365days airtime since it would be cheaper but then again i factored in the possibility of paypal limiting the account at any time so it wouldn't be wise forwarding paying for something i may not use.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-26-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,574
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,601 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
Please what other method is there to maintaining a phone number?
Some of the replies in this thread are inaccurate. Assuming you have a cell phone now, you could just set up a Google voice number (preferably in the area code of your account, but it's not 100% vital) and have calls forwarded to your cell phone. Then you add the GV number to EB/PP.

Jackery's post is way off. I found out GV works like this: about a year ago Ebay tried calling me on my best account, and realized the phone was turned off. I instantly got a notification from Ebay saying I need to update my phone number because it's against the rules to not have a valid number on file. So, I added my GV number and got their verification text. Now GV numbers are my primary on EB and PP.

I can confirm it works because this is how I keep active numbers on two of my best accounts. They can call me (they don't mind the GV prompt) and I can call them by spoofing my number. Simple as that. No need to keep tracfones on.

As a side note, you can't use GV numbers to start an account. Adding them later on does not cause problems though.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-26-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Some of the replies in this thread are inaccurate. Assuming you have a cell phone now, you could just set up a Google voice number (preferably in the area code of your account, but it's not 100% vital) and have calls forwarded to your cell phone. Then you add the GV number to EB/PP.

Jackery's post is way off. I found out GV works like this: about a year ago Ebay tried calling me on my best account, and realized the phone was turned off. I instantly got a notification from Ebay saying I need to update my phone number because it's against the rules to not have a valid number on file. So, I added my GV number and got their verification text. Now GV numbers are my primary on EB and PP.

I can confirm it works because this is how I keep active numbers on two of my best accounts. They can call me (they don't mind the GV prompt) and I can call them by spoofing my number. Simple as that. No need to keep tracfones on.

As a side note, you can't use GV numbers to start an account. Adding them later on does not cause problems though.
Wow, you seem to know your stuff and you are right about the conflicting info. Please i've never used GV before and would appreciate your input. So basically I can open paypal accounts with a brand new tracphone number, leave that number in my profile and then switch to GV later on? Will Paypal ask for ID or place a hold on my account if I change the phone number later on?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-26-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,574
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,601 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
Wow, you seem to know your stuff and you are right about the conflicting info. Please i've never used GV before and would appreciate your input. So basically I can open paypal accounts with a brand new tracphone number, leave that number in my profile and then switch to GV later on? Will Paypal ask for ID or place a hold on my account if I change the phone number later on?
Yes that's the concept, and it's never caused any problems for me. There's one thing worth mentioning on the P/P side though. If you're trying to add a new phone number to get past security measures, it will take SEVERAL months for the new phone number to show up as one of the options to receive a call/text on. On the Ebay side I've only ever been able to add a new phone number when EB specifically requests that I do so. Other than then I haven't been able to find a way to add a new # to Ebay.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-26-2016
DejaVoo's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Where is jeffweico? He's not responding to me either and I currently have 3 accounts from him and unable to connect to the VPN.

Sorry I posted on this thread but I see there's another person who couldn't reach him. He's not responding to my emails and it's been a few days. I need to ship items.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-27-2016
MU
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 286
Thanks: 7
Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
There's one thing worth mentioning on the P/P side though. If you're trying to add a new phone number to get past security measures, it will take SEVERAL months for the new phone number to show up as one of the options to receive a call/text on.
As stated before if you do not have the original number this acct is done
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-27-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackery View Post
As stated before if you do not have the original number this acct is done
So what happens if someone changes his phone number but never updated it on PayPal? Does it mean that PayPal expect people to stick with one phone number for the rest of their lives?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-27-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,574
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,601 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackery View Post
As stated before if you do not have the original number this acct is done

You can say that all you want, but you're still wrong. Go through my post history if you don't believe me. I thought my best business account was done around the start of 2016 because BoA closed my accounts and I kept getting security checks when trying to add a new bank to Paypal. I added a new number to Paypal, and just like everyone else they would only allow me to text the original number for the longest time. I tried about 6 months later just for s**ts and giggles, and WAHLAH, the number I added was there.

You don't know everything. You post misleading info like it's a fact and mislead other users.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
bobobo (10-27-2016)
  #19  
Old 10-27-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,574
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,601 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobo View Post
So what happens if someone changes his phone number but never updated it on PayPal? Does it mean that PayPal expect people to stick with one phone number for the rest of their lives?
Don't worry, he's wrong. I don't post on every thread to make myself feel good like some users. If I see someone having an issue that I have experience with I chime in. I can say FOR A FACT it is possible to add a new # to Paypal, even without calling in. It just takes a very long time.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
bobobo (10-27-2016)
  #20  
Old 10-27-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 0
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Some of the replies in this thread are inaccurate. Assuming you have a cell phone now, you could just set up a Google voice number (preferably in the area code of your account, but it's not 100% vital) and have calls forwarded to your cell phone. Then you add the GV number to EB/PP.

Jackery's post is way off. I found out GV works like this: about a year ago Ebay tried calling me on my best account, and realized the phone was turned off. I instantly got a notification from Ebay saying I need to update my phone number because it's against the rules to not have a valid number on file. So, I added my GV number and got their verification text. Now GV numbers are my primary on EB and PP.

I can confirm it works because this is how I keep active numbers on two of my best accounts. They can call me (they don't mind the GV prompt) and I can call them by spoofing my number. Simple as that. No need to keep tracfones on.

As a side note, you can't use GV numbers to start an account. Adding them later on does not cause problems though.
Hi, could you please clarify this statement?

They call you on your GV acct and you call them back on what phone? What number are you using? The number of the GV account that's on file with them?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-27-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You can say that all you want, but you're still wrong. Go through my post history if you don't believe me. I thought my best business account was done around the start of 2016 because BoA closed my accounts and I kept getting security checks when trying to add a new bank to Paypal. I added a new number to Paypal, and just like everyone else they would only allow me to text the original number for the longest time. I tried about 6 months later just for s**ts and giggles, and WAHLAH, the number I added was there.

You don't know everything. You post misleading info like it's a fact and mislead other users.
Wow i'm learning a lot, so in other words, open the account with tracphone, then 6 months later, try to add a GV phone number.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-28-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,574
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,601 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: What Should I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by truongphusy View Post
Hi, could you please clarify this statement?

They call you on your GV acct and you call them back on what phone? What number are you using? The number of the GV account that's on file with them?

Thanks.
They call me on the GV number. If I need to call them, I use spoofcard and spoof the GV number.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts