Having Problems resetting TextNow password? Don't lose hope! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 01-20-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Having Problems resetting TextNow password? Don't lose hope!

Hey, I just wanted to outline a problem I encountered this week and its resolution. Even though simple, I encountered this same problem a month ago and stopped using that account, and so decided to try again with this one and contact support.

Was using Tor-Firefox, Desktop

for my password, I was pasting it from an external source, so was sure it was right pretty much all times.

The first time I attempted to use my account after a month I put my username and password(1) in and it told me to input a new area code, presumably to give me a new number as they reassigned my number. However, upon putting in an area code, it told me to log back in again. I logged in with my user name and password again(2), being sure to paste it correctly. Still "incorrect password". I click "Reset Password".

I started a new session, logged into my email account, copied the link, started a new private session, pasted and go

I input the new(should be same) password twice and clicked change password. Then back to the login screen. Put in my username and password for the 3rd time: "Incorrect username or password".

I repeated the steps, correctly resetting and inputing the password, all carefully pasting the same password. This is attempt 4.

I'm not sure if it was there to begin with, but there were no contact us buttons, after perusing supportwireless.textnow.com/hc/en-us/community/topics for a few minutes I found a chat with us button. I waited about 10-15 minutes, and my problem was resolved in another 15 minutes. Apparently he reset something, because i was able to login while retaining the chat session. I asked them what happened and they said that maybe it was messages or something, but I hadn't really sent any, so it probably was lack of use or Tor.

Last edited by Wheatgrass; 01-20-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: clarity re which account and when
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!