Ebay verification phone call - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 01-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Ebay verification phone call

ive been a member on ebay for 2 months now , everyything was going fine until 3 days ago when i got this message (below)......now ive been trying to call these bloody people for 3 days now & no-one answers the phone , ive sent emails & nothing ....in this message they state that if i dont contact ebay my account will be closed in 48 hours.........someone help please

Attention!
Thank you for selling on eBay. In order to maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can speak with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact an eBay representative within the next 48 hours by following these steps:

Step 1: Go to Contact Us here:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...s%20account%3F

Step 2: Please sign in

Step 3: Click on “Call Us” – You will be given a phone number and a 6 digit PIN number. Please call the number and enter the PIN when prompted to do so. You may also be asked to verify the phone number registered on the account.

Step 4: You will then be transferred to a live agent who will take you through the verification process.
Our offices are open: Monday - Friday 5am to 10pm PST & Saturday - Sunday 6am to 6pm PST
We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2010

Longevity: 82%

Simple! Find the number of your local phone box, have somebody there waiting for the call and have the call sent there!
Old 01-28-2010
Threadstarter  

no.....ebay give ME a number to call & no-one answers the phone as it says step by step
Old 01-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl0071 View Post
Simple! Find the number of your local phone box, have somebody there waiting for the call and have the call sent there!

call boxes are a no no

cant you get another number for your ebay site, via a search directory,
Old 01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_2503 View Post
ive been a member on ebay for 2 months now , everyything was going fine until 3 days ago when i got this message (below)......now ive been trying to call these bloody people for 3 days now & no-one answers the phone , ive sent emails & nothing ....in this message they state that if i dont contact ebay my account will be closed in 48 hours.........someone help please

Attention!
Thank you for selling on eBay. In order to maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can speak with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact an eBay representative within the next 48 hours by following these steps:

Step 1: Go to Contact Us here:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...s%20account%3F

Step 2: Please sign in

Step 3: Click on “Call Us” – You will be given a phone number and a 6 digit PIN number. Please call the number and enter the PIN when prompted to do so. You may also be asked to verify the phone number registered on the account.

Step 4: You will then be transferred to a live agent who will take you through the verification process.
Our offices are open: Monday - Friday 5am to 10pm PST & Saturday - Sunday 6am to 6pm PST
We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.
hello,
did you solved this problem?
i also have the same problem and i am using US account.
what can i do to call them from my country?i think they want to see that "i am calling them from USA"..
how it can be ?
please
Old 11-10-2011

Longevity: 72%

Does a service like Ring Central forward eBay verification calls or SMS?
If not, is there another service that will forward?
Old 11-10-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

there will be a few

do a search on the forum or google voip services
Old 11-10-2011

Longevity: 77%

I always call ebay from skype with no problem...
Old 11-27-2011

Longevity: 71%

hi guys - when verifying on ebay via tel number - is it possible for me to just ask my tel provider to change my number, so i can verify with this new number?? (my current tel no. is linked to my old banned account) - Thanks
Old 11-28-2011

Longevity: 75%

Use skype and use 1 forwarding number, It will OK.
Old 11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerViet View Post
Use skype and use 1 forwarding number, It will OK.
Hi, But could i not just ask my tel provider to change my number - and then use this new no. for the verification with ebay? this will save me from having to pay for a forwarding number...let me know. thanks
Old 11-28-2011

Longevity: 90%

My method to get around the phone issue is to literally just purchase a cheap phone with a pay-as-you-go plan. You will get a brand new phone number which you can make outgoing calls on, and receive incoming calls too. It should cost about ~10 USD for the phone and ~25 USD for the plan. The wireless provider requires you to put more money on it every 3 months, though. :-/ I literally just got a new phone today and it cost me ~$37.

I like this solution better than a virtual phone number because you can make outgoing calls. I don't doubt that using Skype works. I have been hesitant to try Skype because it was owned by eBay for a while. I don't doubt that using Skype works.

In your case since the number they are giving you isn't working I would just contact them the usual way by clicking the "Contact Us" link and looking for the phone number. Make sure to do it on a stealth phone, using whatever method you use.
Old 01-03-2012

Use your gmail user name that was created with your e-bay to obtain a google voice number,forward the number to any number you want to use (I was able to find one down to a few miles of my location) Excellent search service.. You can have the option of call forwarding to any number of your choose.. Ebay can not detect where and to whom this number is being forwarded.. Use this number as your contact within e-bay... You can use this number each and every time if you have to call in, the nice robot lady on the phone will say I see your calling from number that has a web pin.. (That's what they want)....
According to my logic, would this not be sufficient?

Can any one else verify? Thanks
Old 01-04-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad9a9 View Post
Hi, But could i not just ask my tel provider to change my number - and then use this new no. for the verification with ebay? this will save me from having to pay for a forwarding number...let me know. thanks
surely you can change the tel number

just say your getting harassed by a crazy ex LOL and your worried that she/he/it will GET YOU!

blag it

don't think they will do it for no apparent reason
Old 05-28-2012

Longevity: 70%

i had listed one item it was a high risk item and ebay had restricted my accont until i called them..so i did just to see what they would ask me and what they would do. they ask me for the phone number on my ebay account and then put me on hold then came back on the phone and ask me what item did i list and was it a personal item and did i actual have the item in hand or did i use dropshipping..put me on hold again and then came back on the phone and told me i was good to sell again and also told me i could sell my item that i had listed..so does this mean i dont have anymore restrictions?
The Following User Says Thank You to krimson For This Useful Post:
sfoxlbox (01-04-2014)
Old 06-08-2012

Yes this means you have no restriction,good to go
Old 01-04-2014

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to sfoxlbox
Smile Re: Ebay verification phone call

It works, you good to go. Just keep low for couple weeks and raise your selling avarage until you feel comfortable that you are safe and keep creating stealth accounts. The more the better.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
i had listed one item it was a high risk item and ebay had restricted my accont until i called them..so i did just to see what they would ask me and what they would do. they ask me for the phone number on my ebay account and then put me on hold then came back on the phone and ask me what item did i list and was it a personal item and did i actual have the item in hand or did i use dropshipping..put me on hold again and then came back on the phone and told me i was good to sell again and also told me i could sell my item that i had listed..so does this mean i dont have anymore restrictions?