Reverification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 06-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Reverification

I am using mutliple stealth accounts and just got back into ebay fast and furious.

I am using a sprint wireless on my ebay PC so I can get a different IP each time I log into a different user account.

All of that works fine.

What I am noticing though is that when I am relisting or editing a listing and my IP is different than the last time I logged into that account, ebay wants to call me to reverify my identity.

The one in question today was a stealth account that I had bought a few months ago so I didn't have access to my contact number. I finally went out and bought a cheap tracphone and when I activated it online I used the same zip code as was in my stealth account. It gave me the correct area code for the phone number and I went in and changed it in my contact info.

It worked fine, although the first time it wanted me to verify the old phone number. I just inputted it and then it called me on the new number. Gave me the pin and I was off an running again.

The only thing is, it keeps you tethered to a phone (or number) for each account. I got the tracphone for $16. I don't know if there is a cheaper solution out there (virtual or otherwise).

It's kind of annoying for them to have to be able to call you just to reverify who you are cause I"m not using the same IP. I'm sure a lot of people are upset with this practice too.

Any of you noticing this too?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it is nothing to do with the IP, it is the cookies aspect, are you clearing them afterwards, that is why they dont recognise your PC
Old 06-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 82%

No, I have not cleared my cookies.