Paypal now knows I use tracfone cannot confirm location - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Account Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-05-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default Paypal now knows I use tracfone cannot confirm location

Ok,

I'm getting pretty aggravated with this paypal crap, It's asking me to verify my phone number and since I don' have a landline.. I see that I'm screwed.
I also use HMA.. and I make sure I get the same IP everytime

They sent me this message

Unfortunately, you did not pass the Confirm Location by Phone process for the following reason:

Using publicly available databases, we were unable to match your address to the phone number you selected.

I've been searching and searching for a call forwarding service, but I refuse to pay there price, I even tried Google voice no luck there.

So right now all my funds are on hold
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,576
Thanks: 211
Thanked 668 Times in 500 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
iTrader: (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi79 View Post
I've been searching and searching for a call forwarding service, but I refuse to pay there price
Here's the deal. Every business regardless of how big it is have its price and bills to pay. If you don't pay them, then you can't operate your sales.

Simple as that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,814
Thanks: 454
Thanked 287 Times in 233 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (2)
Default

I remember that you can register a tracfone to a address. Using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy too? Like BiN4RY said, you need to pay the costs of business. I just made a stealth account for a friend, and the cell phone I added (Sprint) didn't even match the registration address for pp and eBay.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-06-2011
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,266
Thanks: 2,180
Thanked 1,318 Times in 946 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Google Voice...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-06-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Here's the deal. Every business regardless of how big it is have its price and bills to pay. If you don't pay them, then you can't operate your sales.

Simple as that.
I'm not sure if you read my question right, but I never said I had a business account. I have a normal eBay Seller Account, the only problem I'm having is past the landline part.

They said I can not use a cell phone please provide a landline number, I tried using a landline number but then it said the number did not match public records
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Google Voice...
I already tried google voice didn't work
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-06-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
I remember that you can register a tracfone to a address. Using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy too? Like BiN4RY said, you need to pay the costs of business. I just made a stealth account for a friend, and the cell phone I added (Sprint) didn't even match the registration address for pp and eBay.
I'm not sure what those 4 circles with the x's through them say
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-06-2011
NTP's Avatar
NTP NTP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 224
Thanks: 17
Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi79 View Post
I'm not sure what those 4 circles with the x's through them say

It means "stealth", meaning it's not your real address.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-08-2011
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP View Post
It means "stealth", meaning it's not your real address.
Ahhh gotcha..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53
Thanks: 1
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi79 View Post
I'm not sure if you read my question right, but I never said I had a business account. I have a normal eBay Seller Account, the only problem I'm having is past the landline part.

They said I can not use a cell phone please provide a landline number, I tried using a landline number but then it said the number did not match public records
I think you misunderstood. He was paraphrasing the old adage "the cost of doing business".

You are a business, doesn't matter how big or how small. And acting like a business has a price, whether that price is cost of goods, bribes to politicians, sacrifices to the amazon gods or the price of a land line phone or some other method of getting what you need.

As a growing business you will be throwing money at packing material, postage, etc, etc... $12 a month for a land line phone is probably worth your time if that is what you need
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-19-2011
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,814
Thanks: 454
Thanked 287 Times in 233 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Always amazes me when, like ninavega said, business costs will probably be hundreds for misc like postage & handling, paper, boxes, etc, but $10 a month for a real phone number or a real address/PO box is something people balk at. Then they complain to us when eBay suspends them for having dodgy registration info.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-20-2011
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,040
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,028 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Doomed from the start.

HMA to access the paypal system. Like that works well

Will not pay for a landline. Like that breaks the bank.

Need to work a bit harder on the approach.
__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-02-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I've used a cell phone,first it wouldnt work because the tone was different from a landline. I found a site online where you click the number on the screen and it makes the tone of a landline so when they call and you type in the verification i do it on there and hold the speaker to the phone,walaa
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 247
Thanks: 16
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (1)
Default

A lot of people don't have landlines anymore.

More and more people are moving to WiFi and mobile phones, so no need to pay for a landline. Which in Australia is about $30 a month.

Plus one landline is very limiting as you can only open one account.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2011
MU
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,938
Thanks: 307
Thanked 563 Times in 293 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (32)
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi79 View Post
Ok,

I'm getting pretty aggravated with this paypal crap, It's asking me to verify my phone number and since I don' have a landline.. I see that I'm screwed.
I also use HMA.. and I make sure I get the same IP everytime

They sent me this message

Unfortunately, you did not pass the Confirm Location by Phone process for the following reason:

Using publicly available databases, we were unable to match your address to the phone number you selected.

I've been searching and searching for a call forwarding service, but I refuse to pay there price, I even tried Google voice no luck there.

So right now all my funds are on hold


The bigger picture here... :

If they're doing the confirm location, YOU are doing something to trigger it. The phone verification is hit or miss depending on how you are set up, but I wouldn't plan on it.

And seriously, you refuse to pay the price for 10 dolalrs a month? (at the most?!?!?) come on.....
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-05-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53
Thanks: 1
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillconfused View Post
A lot of people don't have landlines anymore.

More and more people are moving to WiFi and mobile phones, so no need to pay for a landline. Which in Australia is about $30 a month.

Plus one landline is very limiting as you can only open one account.
I've never seen a landline service that did not allow multiple lines into a location. I had my own phone line in my bedroom back when I was a teenager that was separate from my parents (this was before cell phones), and my dad had one in his home office, so we had three land lines to one location and that was just to a house.

I've seen office buildings with hundreds of landlines, all on one account.

Other than the area code, they can't get more than general location using that. You can also request that a line be non-public so they would not even be able to get that information from the phone company as to who you are or the address of the phone number without a warrant (which amazon isnt going to have)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-06-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 247
Thanks: 16
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Not sure if that is available in Australia, but would be great if it were.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-15-2011
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (1)
Default

why dont you use yahoo phone in.Choose 3 code first of phone match with phone in address you add in paypal.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-15-2011
UnderBites08's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 552
Thanks: 68
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Hide my ass will flag confirm location every time. Search my posts. Just did this test 3 weeks ago
__________________
"A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle"
Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-15-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,730
Thanks: 442
Thanked 913 Times in 719 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missi79 View Post
O, but I refuse to pay there price,
You don't give your stuff away so why do you expect something for nothing?

Bah - cheapskates who think the world owes them a living!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-15-2011
UnderBites08's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 552
Thanks: 68
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
You don't give your stuff away so why do you expect something for nothing?

Bah - cheapskates who think the world owes them a living!!
Every customer I deal with now from walk-ins to wholesale accounts is always wanting something for free. We currently avg around $700,000-850,000 in stock. We currently had to revamp our stock and put the value line product in over the premium line product. Years ago customers wanted the premium lines most often. It has just come to show how the economy is not doing good here in america. Is that to say there is not a lot of money to be made. NO!
__________________
"A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle"
Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PayPal confirm Location HELP BRod1976 Phone Number Verification 20 06-29-2011 06:36 PM
Paypal confirm location via landline elmatador Phone Number Verification 6 03-10-2011 02:27 AM
Confirm my location on Paypal :P Please help :) laylaylay Subscriber Discussions 30 08-05-2010 05:26 PM
Confirm my location on Paypal :P Please help :) laylaylay PayPal Talk 1 08-04-2010 04:47 PM
Paypal asked me to confirm location abusing-eBay Paypal Limited 23 08-25-2008 06:31 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts