Tollfreeforwarding - the Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%

i have 25 + numbers with tollfreeforwarding. It has had its up and downs with the billing issues but other than that good service on my end.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Default how long do you keep your toll free forwarding # ?

only until you are verified? (and have listed an item)
or do you keep ( and pay for) the #'s month after month after month ?

tia
Old 09-03-2008

Longevity: 92%

Maybe Modee or Aspkin or some higher person can confirm this but from what I am observing, you should keep your numbers active if its a good feedback account. I been getting paypal calls on and off. ITs pretty random. I know they try to call once the first deposit is received. And after a week or so, they spot call every so often. I answer some and some i don't. I guess if a rep does hear a disconnected number you will be limited.
Old 09-20-2008

Longevity: 90%

Dear Johnny,

Again, please check with your financial institution. We have not yet captured funds from your card. The balance on your account is $9.72 which is more that the authorized amount of $7.90 on your card. This is a clear indication that you are still on free trial.

Transaction Description
Declined:
TOLLFREEFORWARDING.COM
LOS ANGELES US
Purchase - Computer Network
/Information Services

Amount:
7.90 (crossed out)

Is it the prepaid gift card that's declining a return, or the company not refunding my money. What can i do?

Last edited by Johnny_88; 09-20-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2008

Works great for me, and I am in Canada too....
Old 10-05-2008

Default TollFreeForwarding Virtual Phone Numbers

I tried to get a new phone number from TollFreeForwarding yesterday and after I entered the payment information I got the message that they could not complete the transaction until I faxed them a copy of the Credit Card - front and back, no problem, and a copy of my Passport - not going to happen. Are they nuts?? I have used them before with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name that matched up to the registration on my VISA that I was using. No problem. They can't possibly know that I am the same person who got a phone # from them last week. A copy of my passport?!? I would never give that to anyone and I obviously cannot give that to them for this transaction anyway. Do they require this for a reason? I am trying to think of what I did differently than the last time I bought from them. I have a $25.00 Visa Gift card from Gift2Go that I need to use because it does not have the right information to use with any eBay or PP accounts. I wanted to use it for something online so that I didn't have to worry about anyone asking for ID. Hmmm. I think that I will just stick to going to Target and buying really cheap phones that you buy minutes for ahead of time. I can get 60 minutes that are good for 3 months for $14.99. For $49.99 I can double my minutes and they never expire. This is cheaper than paying $10.00 per month for a forwarding service that I will probably never use. I just need to keep my phones labeled. After my first month with TollFreeForwarding is up I plan on canceling the service and getting another phone from Target. I will edit my eBay profile to reflect the new number and I am off the hook for a $10.00 charge every month.
Old 11-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I had a similar problem- they are STICKLERS for making sure all your info matches, and they also know if you try to set up a new account and forward to a number already used for forwarding.

They catch you on either one of these and BOOM your account locked and they want your personal info.

I like the target phone idea- might try that one.

If you plan on keeping your ebay accounts, I think it's a good idea to keep the phone numbers. You just never know when you might need to "verify" again. It's good insurance for your ebay account IMO
Old 12-29-2008

So I just tried to sign up for another account and the total comes out to 20$. Last time i tried (3 months ago) it was only 7$. Does anyone know if they've changed their charges? I didnt change anything, the area code is the same. Also, it's telling me my card information is wrong and not able to process. Either this is because my simon GC has less than 20$ or the information I entered for tollfree doesn't match up with the GC when it was registered. I registered this card a long time ago so i can't remeber what information i used and therefore can't match it up with the required info for tollfree.

Does anyone know if tollfree requires your credit card info to match the info you give to them? Or am i only having trouble because I don't have enough funds on the card?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Johnny_88; 12-29-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-07-2009

Has anybody gotten calls from a telemarketers using this? I have about 5 numbers so far and every single day and hour ive been getting the same company calling me. And this started to happened ONLY AFTER I signed up w vumber.
Old 10-06-2010

Longevity: 93%

I dont use this service, but I bet the reason they ask for a passport and credit card scan is actually somewhat legitimate. I am sure their service attracts a lot of pure scammers, and people that use stolen credit cards, etc. Also, a lot of people might pay with credit card then dispute the charges after their ebay gets suspended or whatever, there are a lot more scammer uses for a US phone number than just ebay and paypal if you think about it.

I had problems with credit card fraud on a website, and sometimes had to ask people for identity proof. But still I would not provide a passport to a phone forwarding company as it seems a bit over the top its not a 1000$ laptop.
Closed Thread