eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Phone Number Verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/)
-   -   Tracfone question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/63205-tracfone-question.html)

Brainbuster 08-10-2013 11:03 PM

Tracfone question

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-n...llar-10-a.html

I just purchased a (very) used tracfone off Ebay for $6 including shipping.

Am I correct in assuming that 10 minutes should be plenty just for verification?
Ebay may call the phone, and you just press the numbers they ask for, right?

Sandy D 08-10-2013 11:21 PM

If you can find the ones at cvs if they still have them you can get them between 7.00 and 10 with 20 free minutes.

Then the perk, google promo code for 20 more free minutes.

rsot 08-11-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainbuster (Post 476018)
Am I correct in assuming that 10 minutes should be plenty just for verification?
Ebay may call the phone, and you just press the numbers they ask for, right?

Plenty for verification - should eB or pp call you later on for a 'chat' or 'test', you MAY have problems if line isn't active.

GreenBean 08-11-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainbuster (Post 475993)
I just purchased a (very) used tracfone off Ebay for $6 including shipping.

I would worry more about any number supplied with this phone.

:mod:

Brainbuster 08-11-2013 03:59 PM

I don't know much about Tracfones.
Is the number woven into the phone itself?
Their website says something about being "assigned" a phone number when activating the phone, and the option to change the number.

AuctionsDenied 08-11-2013 04:17 PM

When activating online, you can have the number assigned to the phone to reflect a zip code that is in your proximity.

You can also change the number on the phone up to four times annually.

This would also depend on how many times the phone number was changed previously due to you buying a used phone.

Sandy D 08-11-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainbuster (Post 476166)
I don't know much about Tracfones.
Is the number woven into the phone itself?
Their website says something about being "assigned" a phone number when activating the phone, and the option to change the number.

I have over 100 active tracfones attached to my own sellers accounts.

All new tracfones, never used.

jeffweico 08-11-2013 08:34 PM

I moved on from TracFones. They worked just fine and don't cost very much, but I got tired of keeping 20+ phones charged and trying to figure out which one was ringing. Also, these numbers are frequently recycled, so you can expect to get calls for whomever owned the number before you. I was getting calls from collection agencies left and right, looking for the previous owner.

Now I use a VOIP service that forwards the calls to my cell phone. Each one is set to transmit the stealth number in the caller-id, rather than the calling party. That way, I may not know who is calling, but I know who I am supposed to be when I answer the phone. They all forward into my cell phone, so I only have to keep ONE phone charged.

rsot 08-12-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuctionsDenied (Post 476168)
You can also change the number on the phone up to four times annually.

Remember when the change of the number was free? That was good - is it still like $10 to change now?

Brainbuster 08-15-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 476229)
Now I use a VOIP service that forwards the calls to my cell phone. Each one is set to transmit the stealth number in the caller-id, rather than the calling party. That way, I may not know who is calling, but I know who I am supposed to be when I answer the phone. They all forward into my cell phone, so I only have to keep ONE phone charged.

So are you saying that when Ebay calls the stealth number,
Ebay's number is not displayed on your phone,
but rather the stealth number
(or better yet, the name associated with the stealth number),
is displayed on your phone?

Sandy D 08-15-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainbuster (Post 477567)
So are you saying that when Ebay calls the stealth number,
Ebay's number is not displayed on your phone,
but rather the stealth number
(or better yet, the name associated with the stealth number),
is displayed on your phone?

Jeff is not using what you are using so it will be different in some ways.

There is a list of ebay numbers here on the board somewhere and if you get a call from ebay you should have a list of numbers so you know it is them so you can answer.

It is not going to say EBAY.

Tracfones dont show the name of the member only the number that ebay is calling from.

I believe you are worried too much about calls etc.

Just get a new tracfone, add it to your account and be ready in case they call.

They dont call much unless you do something questionable etc so no need to worry.

Brainbuster 08-15-2013 11:31 PM

Ok, thank you, Sandy!
You're absolutely right, I've been paranoid about getting a call...
probably paranoid about getting suspended again, since I've been spending the last several days reading about suspensions.

AuctionsDenied 08-15-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainbuster (Post 477634)
I've been paranoid about getting a call...
probably paranoid about getting suspended again, since I've been spending the last several days reading about suspensions.

Don't be paranoid about receiving calls, in the case you do, just be ready to take the call. Have your fact sheet in front of you to answer questions.

The majority of members in this forum are here because of suspension, etc.

The information from the stealth guide and members within this forum will help most to learn how to get going, how to be proactive, what to do just in case, and to keep business going.

Sandy D 08-15-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainbuster (Post 477634)
Ok, thank you, Sandy!
You're absolutely right, I've been paranoid about getting a call...

Thus the need for several back ups.

Once you have several up and running and solid when and if one goes down you wont care anymore or at least be worried.

Your plan should include having several account and building them in baby steps over time and gearing up for the holiday season now so they will be ripe come Nov-Dec.

Sit back, relax and it will all work out in the end. Once the jitters are gone you will look back at what you learned and did and laugh!

Brainbuster 08-16-2013 01:57 PM

Yesterday, I got my Walmart's cheapest Tracfone for $15.
I almost activated it, but today I called my CVS, and their cheapest (in stock) is $20.
I called different CVS, and they have 4 Tracfones in stock for $4.99!!!!
That's five dollars each...the clerk said they had been discontinued.

So I'm heading to Walmart to return this $15 one, and going to spend that $15 on the 4.

Sandy D 08-16-2013 02:02 PM

This was discussed in another thread. 50% off that certain older style if you can find them. Most CVS are out of them now as they have been on sale for a few weeks.

Grab as many as you can find!

I picked up 6 yesterday at a CVS on my way back home from the beach for 4.99 each.