eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Phone Number Verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/)
-   -   Numbers for Ebay/Paypal UK (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/69802-numbers-ebay-paypal-uk.html)

onlinegirl 01-30-2014 12:20 PM

Numbers for Ebay/Paypal UK

As most of you know, when registering a new account with Paypal they prompt you for a contact telephone number. Ebay also ask for a telephone number which they will use to contact you when you first list an item to sell. They will either call or text to give you a unique 4 digit pin that once entered will verify your account, allowing you to sell. You can input a LANDLINE number or a MOBILE number these days to complete this process.

On the forum there are many ways to obtain numbers, VOIP services, soho66 etc. I am sharing with you what I do to verify my accounts by telephone. Hopefully it will help a few of you.

I have a cheap sim free mobile phone that I use specifically for Ebay verification.

Below this post are a few links to where you can order as many free SIM cards as you want. Just fill in your details and order. When I order from o2 I fill in my details and after receiving confirmation I press the back button on my browser and click it a few more times so that instead of getting 4 sims I get 8. I do this every couple of days. The SIM cards arrive in a few days and no credit is required to activate it.

Orange unfortunately require credit to register the SIM card so I haven't posted the link.

I keep ALL Ebay verified SIM cards and keep a record of the number and account that it is allocated to.

It's also worth looking at the numbers you get because sometimes they can be sold on as gold/silver/bronze numbers.

I will update this post with links to free SIM cards as often as possible. I currently have a rather large stash as a useful backup!

I hope this helps.

https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/ordersi...?campaign=1035

3 also offer free SIM cards

https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Free...FfJItAodUE8AAA

CTX 02-02-2014 06:25 AM

Re: Numbers for Ebay/Paypal UK

Thank you

3 - Doesn't need credit to receive text messages

JamesNorth101 02-02-2014 05:04 PM

Vodafone works an absolute treat as well.

just_smile 02-03-2014 04:21 AM

As another cheap alternative, shops like home bargain, b&m etc sell sim cards on all networks for 70p ish.

I've never understood why people struggle with the phone numbers on this forum.

CTX 02-03-2014 09:54 AM

I am having an issue with that part of the pp website.

I type a brand new (never used mobile number)onto the pp website. It then informs me that that number has been added. I am then taken to the "call me" page, yet the number that I entered isn't on the drop down menu.

Grrr.

CTX 02-04-2014 06:07 AM

I've had a break through.. Check this out.

After having my pp account limited with over £300 in it. I've had 5 positive feedbacks in the last 7 days.

I emailed pp 6 plus times over the last 9 or so days (approx). My issue was with "confirming my location" I typed in a mobile number which I of course had access too. PP website told me that the mobile number was saved It was not..

Grrrrr.

The issue which I was told was that my name was the same as my bank account name. Silly me. The staff member told me to create a new account with a new email & they will close the bank account attached to the account with the issue & transfer the funds to my new account.

a.v.limited 02-17-2014 12:33 PM

go to orange or t mobile and link for free sim and no credit needed

sax4 02-23-2014 05:03 PM

I'm out of touch with UK sims as i'm now an overseas expat. I tried Giff Gaff recently and you need credit to activate :(

Good info thanks

a.v.limited 02-23-2014 05:21 PM

orange sims do not need credit to work

JamesNorth101 02-24-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.v.limited (Post 531450)
orange sims do not need credit to work

You said that literally two posts ago.

There is really no need for the constant repeating of posts.

a.v.limited 02-24-2014 07:34 PM

does google voice not work where you are ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 531590)
Glad to hear those services are still effective - thanks

GreenBean 02-24-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.v.limited (Post 531768)
does google voice not work where you are ?

GoogleVoice is giving issues for North American users.

Numerous posts where the calls fail.

Look under the paypal forum for more info.

Thoughts are ( from other users) these types of services are not as effective as they were previously.

To back that, look for posts by DMShark25 & BigCJ. They have commented on 'phones' for paypal & ebay.

Hope that helps.

:mod: