Calling in eBay - interesting call - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 07-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Calling in eBay - interesting call

So a rather interesting, funny phone call to eBay even if depressing, yet only mildly so since didn't think the account would be reinstated anyhow.

To see what would happen, I decided to call eBay today about my first account that had it's limits reduce to 0 and seems to be indefinitely restricted since January of this year. I called in and reached a pretty friendly guy from the limitations department. I stated that I needed help with not being able to sell on my account since January. I stated that I have no idea, why that would be and wanted some answers. So, after taking a few minutes to read my account history and details, the person got back to me regarding this particular listing that was pull for apparently "encouraging people to do illegal things". I stated I had no idea what that would be and that it was probably a one time occurrence. I agree to not do it again and of course ask if there was anyway possible to be reinstated. He went back and read some more things about the account,

and then came to me about several violations and a couple claims stating that was the reason for restriction and the chances of appeal are pretty much zero. Here's the most interesting part: right after we talked a bit about others things and I change the conversation to a lighter subject and I even commented what a nice fellow he was even if he wasn't able to reinstate my account. Suddenly he THEN, ask me what I intend to sell if my account were to be able to sell again (scored! there's hope). Casually I stated I would sell some stuff around the house and maybe a few Thai artisans. All this time he was working on the computer presumably to reinstate me, but then the conversation switched to Paypal and he must have come across something in my account history because on the phone I hear him clearly say, "what the he...", after that, the person switch immediately to a address/id/public records verification. Which I proceed to fail wonderfully since my records were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and I was completely caught off guard. He also semi asked about other accounts, which I replied that I thought it wasn't allowed. Well, after the failed direct verification and whatever he saw, there should be no chance of reinstatement. Part of the reason I put this up is that to show that it is possible to get reinstatement and a few nice works and being polite goes a long way with eBay. My account was on the way except for some unknown variable and the failed verification.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-26-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: Calling in eBay - interesting call

Well, you tried.

Next time I suggest creating a more solid account and maybe try GB's method of when they ask questions you can't answer, yell "The house is on fire!", and give them a ring back later on. It works like a charm.

Honestly I think the guy was leading you on but maybe he was on the verge of reinstating you..
Old 07-26-2014

Longevity: 63%

So you never got the account back after all this?
Old 07-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

LOL LOL LOL

Your edit was caught.

Old 07-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
LOL LOL LOL

Your edit was caught.

Lol ... you are supposed to be sleeping at this time.

Please delete the above.
Old 07-26-2014

Why the hell would you think you will be reinstated if you failed the document verification, that's for sure is impossible unless you lucky enough to fell on a complete idiot that doesnt care if they will fire him but eventually you will be banned again for the same reason.
Old 07-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Lol ... you are supposed to be sleeping at this time.

Please delete the above.
I never sleep

Old 07-26-2014

Quote:
I never sleep

You must be in the mainland, if you were in TAS, with the colder weather, you would be sleeping now.
Old 07-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
Why the hell would you think you will be reinstated if you failed the document verification, that's for sure is impossible unless you lucky enough to fell on a complete idiot that doesnt care if they will fire him but eventually you will be banned again for the same reason.
The OP makes NO MENTION of failing document verification.

All he stated was he had an account he was unable to sell with and so tried for re-instatement.

Settle down there.

Old 07-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Well, you tried.

Next time I suggest creating a more solid account and maybe try GB's method of when they ask questions you can't answer, yell "The house is on fire!", and give them a ring back later on. It works like a charm.

Honestly I think the guy was leading you on but maybe he was on the verge of reinstating you..
Yeah, I know. That's a wonderful idea because I was a complete stuttering idiot while being ask about my address. Although I would say less dramatic like, "Emma, get those marbles outa your mouth!, ahhg sorry I gotta go."

You should write a eBook about "how to make money online with almost no cash flow", Think a lot of people need that.
Old 07-26-2014

"what the he...", after that, the person switch immediately to a address/id/public records verification. Which I proceed to fail wonderfully since my records were ⊗⊗⊗⊗" my bad i figured it out wrong ><"
If your calling for reinstatement and you have even the smallest hope, you should prepare you info.. anyway you gave me some hope, i'll call them soon to reinstate my old account.
Old 07-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
"what the he...", after that, the person switch immediately to a address/id/public records verification. Which I proceed to fail wonderfully since my records were ⊗⊗⊗⊗" my bad i figured it out wrong ><"
If your calling for reinstatement and you have even the smallest hope, you should prepare you info.. anyway you gave me some hope, i'll call them soon to reinstate my old account.
That is not DOCUMENT verification though.

Cant confuse the procedures.
Old 07-26-2014

I thought hes calling coz he got banned a while ago coz of document verification and now he called to reinstate and while speaking to ebay, the guy saw the reason he was limited and didnt reinstate him. Because i was reading too fast i didnt notice he failed coz he didnt prepare for verification by the phone and he was already verified with documents. my bad.
Old 07-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Just to clarified. eBay never put me through document verification. The selling limits were just reduced to zero on this account without so much as a email or phone call from eBay. This was an old account from back in January. I called in to check what had happened to it. It was during the call that I found out about all the violations and that eBay was unhappy with some things. The representative was about to reinstate me though, but I failed the direct phone verification. They ask about your name on the id, birthday, and address directly over the phone, this is not sending in documents. I presumed that it is to run against some public records in real time and can not be ⊗⊗⊗⊗d. I can't think of anyway around it really other than avoid it at all cost.
Old 07-26-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen1 View Post
So a rather interesting, funny phone call to eBay even if depressing, yet only mildly so since didn't think the account would be reinstated anyhow.

To see what would happen, I decided to call eBay today about my first account that had it's limits reduce to 0 and seems to be indefinitely restricted since January of this year. I called in and reached a pretty friendly guy from the limitations department. I stated that I needed help with not being able to sell on my account since January. I stated that I have no idea, why that would be and wanted some answers. So, after taking a few minutes to read my account history and details, the person got back to me regarding this particular listing that was pull for apparently "encouraging people to do illegal things". I stated I had no idea what that would be and that it was probably a one time occurrence. I agree to not do it again and of course ask if there was anyway possible to be reinstated. He went back and read some more things about the account,

and then came to me about several violations and a couple claims stating that was the reason for restriction and the chances of appeal are pretty much zero. Here's the most interesting part: right after we talked a bit about others things and I change the conversation to a lighter subject and I even commented what a nice fellow he was even if he wasn't able to reinstate my account. Suddenly he THEN, ask me what I intend to sell if my account were to be able to sell again (scored! there's hope). Casually I stated I would sell some stuff around the house and maybe a few Thai artisans. All this time he was working on the computer presumably to reinstate me, but then the conversation switched to Paypal and he must have come across something in my account history because on the phone I hear him clearly say, "what the he...", after that, the person switch immediately to a address/id/public records verification. Which I proceed to fail wonderfully since my records were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and I was completely caught off guard. He also semi asked about other accounts, which I replied that I thought it wasn't allowed. Well, after the failed direct verification and whatever he saw, there should be no chance of reinstatement. Part of the reason I put this up is that to show that it is possible to get reinstatement and a few nice works and being polite goes a long way with eBay. My account was on the way except for some unknown variable and the failed verification.
Good try shen1..Wish your account was reinstated...
Old 07-27-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

hahahahaha!

the house is on fire

lolololol
Old 07-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowakeskater View Post
hahahahaha!

the house is on fire

lolololol
The other one I like is the screaming baby

( look for youtube )

Old 07-27-2014

Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

Quote:
The other one I like is the screaming baby

( look for youtube )

In the past I will just hang up on them.. make it seem like I am in a rush for a meeting and if they could not help me quick enough, I had to leave.. Sometimes they will skip over "little" things.