eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Phone Number Verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/)
-   -   PayPal confirm location by phone (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/77004-paypal-confirm-location-phone.html)

ebay*merchant 09-01-2014 05:36 PM

PayPal confirm location by phone

I have a soft limitation on my PP & they are requesting I confirm my location via phone, can I do this with a mobile or will it have to be a Landline? If it's only with a landline number which company is best to use?

animekings99 09-01-2014 06:08 PM

Re: PayPal confirm location by phone

hi there i use pre paid cell phones . you MUST MUST match your zip code with your paypal address other wise it will not work . when i make my ebay + paypal everything matches first name last name address zip cell phone everything MUST match other wise its a waste of time and money and no one wants that lol.

GreenBean 09-01-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animekings99 (Post 584387)
hi there i use pre paid cell phones . you MUST MUST match your zip code with your paypal address other wise it will not work . when i make my ebay + paypal everything matches first name last name address zip cell phone everything MUST match other wise its a waste of time and money and no one wants that lol.

Could you LOOK at the flag of a poster when you reply?

This OP is from the UK.

System is different.

They do not have zip codes, they have post codes.

Phone verification is different between the countries.

:heh:

rsot 09-01-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebay*merchant (Post 584376)
I have a soft limitation on my PP & they are requesting I confirm my location via phone, can I do this with a mobile or will it have to be a Landline? If it's only with a landline number which company is best to use?

I too am wondering about the UK base for this since I have few UK operations going on...and preparing for worst.

I did use SoHo in the past if I recall correctly..

PeHe oT PecToPaHTa 09-01-2014 08:22 PM

They don't have ZIP codes (thankfully all EU countries don't have), but have AVS.

But no matter that – both eB and PP use the TeleSign service to "validate phone numbers, research and testing as to appropriateness of new products and services". Demo. And after that they use Syniverse to "validate and apply data quality checks to phone numbers".

So generally when you click on the "Call Me" or choose to "Text PIN as SMS", they receive from your cellphone this phone RAW info:

• Timestamp/date of the verification;
• Phone status: Subscriber Status (Active/Disconnected) and Device Status (Reachable/Unreachable);
• Phone type (it's "metadata" - Mobile, Landline, Non-fixed VoIP, Invalid, Pre-Paid, Personal, Pager, Toll-Free and Restricted);
• Associated risk;
Geographic information:
• Location/Country/State/City;
• ZIP/Post(al) code;
• Timezone;
• UTC offset;
Coordinates (latitude, longitude and elevation);
[here is how to view your IP address coordinates; but for phone coordinates, to check them you might use My GPS for Android or iPhone GPS; so generally - address coordinates + phone coordinates + IP address coordinates should match or be as equal as possible, don't know on what exactly "range" can varies in order to not raise medium or high flags]
• State / Area / District;
• Phone number;
• Phone number with country code;
• Telecom carrier name (list);
• Roaming info: Roaming Status and Roaming Country;
• Unique ID for this call/SMS.

So this is the info automatically received by both eB and PP when you "Verify" the phone OR when you call their Customer Service Reps (they know from where you call exactly and when you tell things about you account, they verify all things pretty easy and takes ms or so).

Yeah, phone verification is different between countries. But phone RAW info is still placed in their database with columns and rows. They know everything with just a "simple" phone call/SMS PIN.

Also if someone tested, if you choose when registering on eB to be from country "Y", but you're from country "X" having "X" phone number for this country as well, you won't ever receive neither the call, nor the SMS. You must manually change the country to be "X", then do the verification, pass it, and then turn back to the "Y" country. Telling this just in case, might help to someone.

And that's not everything. eB and PP use MaxMind service to detect fraud. Now you know how they detect the location again, all type of proxies (risk level, open, corporate, anonymous, TOR, etc.), "high risk" IP addresses, BIN to country (cards) matching, all kind of pre-paid and gift cards info, distance between IP and billing locations and much more. Then look-up at this table to see which phone type are detected as "what" and which one raises flags ("Risk-Level" is increased, which combined with something else, like too much sellings, or previously used almost the same "latitude and longitude" (grabbed from the address OR from the IP, OR from the phone), or some other factor(s)/triggers/algorithms = limitation/suspension/asking for docs).

Hope that this in-depth info was valued not just for you but for everyone else (who haven't read it yet anywhere on this, neither other forums, e.g. this is "something new" :rolleyes:).

isitworththestress 09-02-2014 05:33 AM

And they have had access to all this for years and yet still we remain.

So all you that look at the above list and panic. I wouldn’t, as ebay paypal like to look as if they are doing things without actually doing a thing.

sax4 09-03-2014 04:32 AM

So 3v works to confirm location nicely

danshan 09-04-2014 09:30 AM

If eb and pp use maxmind, they are clueless maxmind is crap, it is totally crap a super duper tiny pool or database of used fraud info. No true detection system. Its 100% crap. They get users and those users allow maxmind to take buyer data ip, phone, name, blah blah and if the user gets screwed or say they got screwed they blacklist the buyers data they collected. They are the biggest scam on the internet people trust them and they cant even detect a proxy.