Gmail verification issue - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 10-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Gmail verification issue

After receiving my new stealth account info, I logged into Gmail with my local IP. Gmail noticed it was a different location than usual and asked me where I log in from usually.

This was expected behavior since the stealth account was originated in another location.

I told them and I was allowed in to the account but with Warnings that I will continue to receive this message for the next two weeks to ensure that I am indeed the owner of the account.

However, my Local IP was NOT the one I wanted to use. I logged in to my stealth Gmail without changing to my stealth IP. So Gmail logs this new location (with Warnings) and goes ahead and lets me in to check my email.

What I'm concerned about is logging back in again a few hours later or the next day with my Stealth IP which would make it two location changes within 2 days.

Is this too much jumping around for Gmail?

Does this raise Red Flags with Gmail that my login locations changed two times within only a few days?

Should I wait several days (or weeks) for another Gmail login because of the IP change??

Thanks for any help on this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Gmail verification issue

Quite possibly so.
Lately gmail has become very strict and have been known to completely disable accounts if they do not like the pattern of login that they see.
I would keep logging in for those 2 weeks from the same location and once those warnings are gone make sure all the security info on the account is updated and current and then change the location again. That way when youre asked again what your usual login location is youll be able to answer it right off the bat.
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Quite possibly so.
Lately gmail has become very strict and have been known to completely disable accounts if they do not like the pattern of login that they see.
I would keep logging in for those 2 weeks from the same location and once those warnings are gone make sure all the security info on the account is updated and current and then change the location again. That way when you're asked again what your usual login location is you'll be able to answer it right off the bat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>I would keep logging in for those 2 weeks from the same location and once those warnings are gone make sure all the security info on the account is updated and current and then change the location again.

That means I have to login to Gmail from my Local IP and then switch to my stealth IP to log in to eBay/PayPal for two weeks...Becomes really annoying.

Do I really have to login to the stinking Gmail account for the next two weeks, what if I just don't login to the stealth Gmail at all for the next two weeks??

You know, what about people that travel alot for their work for example? Is Gmail going to disable their accounts because they logged in from different locations for crying out loud??

I mean somebody might be doing alot of traveling, going in and out of airports and different cities and checking their email frequently. If they were to disable accounts like that, I think there would be alot of people pissed of with Gmail, you know what I mean?

>>>That way when you're asked again what your usual login location is you'll be able to answer it right off the bat.

By this you mean my new Local IP location not the original location from the stealth account I was given, correct?
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Now that I think about it, I can't even safely login to eBay/PayPal until the Gmail account is considered safe to use, correct?

What's the point of doing anything with eBay/PayPal if for some reason Gmail disables the account?

I'll be dead in the water with eBay/PayPal because they're all linked together...

This means I need to wait until I am certain the Gmail account is good to go before I do anything with eBay/PayPal, correct? (what a load of CRAP!)
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I would not be doing repetitive logins to gmail with completely remote IP...they do flag the account incessantly
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Better to deal with an annoying situation than have the account disabled.
And yes you can avoid logging into it everyday. I would log in every 3 days or so - just to show the pattern of logging in from that location. Otherwise you havnt established that pattern.
As for people who travel - Its probably established that they log in from so many different locations that its becomes the pattern. Its not relevant to you though since youre planning on signing in from only ONE single location so theyre confirming THAT location.
And yes - the current login location becomes your 'usual' location so in 2 weeks when you login from your 'new' (i.e. stealth) location you will have the correct answer for them.
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

As for ebay/paypal - yes the email is linked to them but worse case scenario you can always create a new email address and just change the ebay/paypal addresses to that one. Its a bit of a pain but its doable.
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
As for ebay/paypal - yes the email is linked to them but worse case scenario you can always create a new email address and just change the ebay/paypal addresses to that one. Its a bit of a pain but its doable.
I thought changing email addresses is a Red Flag with eBay/PayPal especially since these are new accounts (well, it's really an "aged" account but I never used it of course). Just received it that way...

So now I'm sitting here steaming that I can't login to eBay/PayPal until I get the Gmail issue resolved....

Last edited by nostro; 10-26-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I would not be doing repetitive logins to gmail with completely remote IP...they do flag the account incessantly
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but the main issue here is different location changes in a small period of time.
Old 10-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but the main issue here is different location changes in a small period of time.
I agree - that's how I see it.
Old 11-04-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I agree - that's how I see it.
As an FYI for everyone on this thread, I've been logging in to this Gmail account that they said I would continue to get warnings on for two weeks but no further warnings have shown up.

I'm just logging in and checking my email like normal (No Warnings). I will still wait one more week though just to play it safe..
Old 11-05-2014
Threadstarter  

One more FYI for all, I just logged in to the Gmail account using my stealth IP (different location) and nothing happened?

They didn't ask me the question about a different location and ask me to verify what my usual location is for signing in...

No warning messages, Nothing! Weird?
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Cookies were in place?
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Anybody have this problem with hotmail?
Old 11-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Cookies were in place?
Correct, I did not clean anything.

Just left everything the same. Only difference was logging in with my stealth IP.

Any ideas?
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
Anybody have this problem with hotmail?
Hotmail are an even bigger pain in the butt.
They have their new verification system which requires you to enter a phone number and in many cases its completely glitched and even after doing so you cannot gain access to your account.
At least with gmail I get a phone number for my trouble. With Hotmail you get nothing. Simply not worth it in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hotmail are an even bigger pain in the butt.
They have their new verification system which requires you to enter a phone number and in many cases its completely glitched and even after doing so you cannot gain access to your account.
At least with gmail I get a phone number for my trouble. With Hotmail you get nothing. Simply not worth it in my opinion.
Slokor, what can you say about this? Although Gmail told me I would be getting warnings for the next two weeks, I did not get any more warnings.

Not only that but I went ahead and logged into the Gmail account under my Stealth IP and did not get any challenge questions asking me what city I usually log in from...? I just went ahead an checked my email etc.

Logged in again this evening but got nothing (no messages). Just business as usual. Any ideas?
Old 11-29-2014

Longevity: 54%

I have many gmail accts and many times I do log in with different IP, it only ask to make a phone call or text for verification, I use voxox app to get verified it works for gmail, but not for PP...cheers