eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Phone Number Verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/)
-   -   ebay wants to verify phone #.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-number-verification/84326-ebay-wants-verify-phone.html)

yaBeh8ater 03-29-2015 06:15 PM

ebay wants to verify phone #..

because i logged in using a different pc. thing is i have been using the same pc everytime. i am using tracfones and dont have the original numbers i used to verify 1st time around.

this has happened with 4 accounts so far and 1 account went naru the following day. all accounts are reletively new but also have feedback and sales.

is there a way to solve this without starting over?

123 03-29-2015 10:04 PM

Re: ebay wants to verify phone #..

That's why its extremely important nowadays to keep the number active, can try calling them but learn from it for the future

sln531 04-20-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater (Post 654978)
because i logged in using a different pc. thing is i have been using the same pc everytime. i am using tracfones and dont have the original numbers i used to verify 1st time around.

this has happened with 4 accounts so far and 1 account went naru the following day. all accounts are reletively new but also have feedback and sales.

is there a way to solve this without starting over?

Just as 123 said you need to keep the number around even if it happens to be a Google number which is okay after the account is open!

What seems to be the problem anymore is when you change IP address constantly with cookies and temporary Internet files deleted seems to trigger this!

skyline 04-20-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln531 (Post 661258)
Just as 123 said you need to keep the number around even if it happens to be a Google number which is okay after the account is open!

What seems to be the problem anymore is when you change IP address constantly with cookies and temporary Internet files deleted seems to trigger this!

Are you saying you can use a google voice number after verifying with a tracfone number?

sln531 04-20-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline (Post 661261)
Are you saying you can use a google voice number after verifying with a tracfone number?

Yes that is what I am saying! It is not uncommon for people to switch their phone numbers. But also does not need to be the same day of opening the account.

rsot 04-20-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline (Post 661261)

Why not pay a small amount and keep the tracfone number active?

GhostOfAmazon 04-20-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 661276)

That get's expensive if you have more than one account.

sln531 04-20-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 661282)
That get's expensive if you have more than one account.

Yes it can be expensive if you're juggling a couple stealth accounts at the same time! But if you're only working with one its the price of admission!

Look at it like your up-keeping your business that makes you Money. Just like a mechanic that has to keep buying tools so he can still have a job. No tools no job :d

GhostOfAmazon 04-20-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln531 (Post 661292)
Yes it can be expensive if you're juggling a couple stealth accounts at the same time! But if you're only working with one its the price of admission!

Look at it like your up-keeping your business that makes you Money. Just like a mechanic that has to keep buying tools so he can still have a job. No tools no job :d

Fair enough!

skyline 04-21-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 661276)

Less money & hassle if I can just switch to GV later. Why does eBay require confirmation of original #? People change their #'s all the time. No guarantee that a even a legit account can have the same original #.

SilentHill 04-21-2015 09:31 AM

Hey have you access to the old computer ? You can probably change ebay phone number if you have the original cookies.

Dmshark25 04-21-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline (Post 661524)
Less money & hassle if I can just switch to GV later. Why does eBay require confirmation of original #? People change their #'s all the time. No guarantee that a even a legit account can have the same original #.

EBay in my experience you can get away with a number change, I have changed numbers and once in a while when they would need to confirm my account when listing an item they would need to text a 4 digit code and a new number was good

The problem is with PayPal , since it's finance they need extra security so it's either the number used during registration or the number needs to be in public data base matching the name and address of your paypal, and with stealth I'm not sure how to do that

GhostOfAmazon 04-21-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 661754)
EBay in my experience you can get away with a number change, I have changed numbers and once in a while when they would need to confirm my account when listing an item they would need to text a 4 digit code and a new number was good

The problem is with PayPal , since it's finance they need extra security so it's either the number used during registration or the number needs to be in public data base matching the name and address of your paypal, and with stealth I'm not sure how to do that

I've successfully confirmed PayPal using Google Voice without issues.

Use GV doing the start of PP and you won't have issues.

rsot 04-21-2015 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 661762)
I've successfully confirmed PayPal using Google Voice without issues.

Use GV doing the start of PP and you won't have issues.

Quite a few posts of ppl having issues with GV however...early this year/late last year

GhostOfAmazon 04-21-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 661769)
Quite a few posts of ppl having issues with GV however...early this year/late last year

I can't speak for anyone but myself.

What are the issues exactly? If you don't get texts to your phone, you can see them online at Google.com/Voice

That's how I did it.

SilentHill 04-21-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 661778)
I can't speak for anyone but myself.

What are the issues exactly? If you don't get texts to your phone, you can see them online at Google.com/Voice

That's how I did it.

ghost is right Google Voice works for paypal. But not so much for Ebay registration.

Much easier to use something that works for both.

Like a TRACFONE!

GhostOfAmazon 04-22-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentHill (Post 661782)
ghost is right Google Voice works for paypal. But not so much for Ebay registration.

Much easier to use something that works for both.

Like a TRACFONE!

Like I said, I can't speak for anyone else, but I've successfully verified multiple eBay and PayPal accounts with a Google Voice #. Not sure why others seem to have had issues....

Dmshark25 04-22-2015 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 661791)
Like I said, I can't speak for anyone else, but I've successfully verified multiple eBay and PayPal accounts with a Google Voice #. Not sure why others seem to have had issues....

The problem is if you lose access to the number used when creating the account. When registering eBay/PayPal I have used everything from App VOIPs to a cell phone.

They all work in the beginning, u just need to keep the number, because if you do not have access to the original numbers than PayPal looks for a number that matches name and address in public records

GhostOfAmazon 04-22-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 661802)
The problem is if you lose access to the number used when creating the account. When registering eBay/PayPal I have used everything from App VOIPs to a cell phone.

They all work in the beginning, u just need to keep the number, because if you do not have access to the original numbers than PayPal looks for a number that matches name and address in public records

You can't match a name and address via Google Voice (to my knowledge)

GV emails you before your number "expires" and so long as you use it (just send a text or make a call) it renews for another 6+ months.