Shipstation Question? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 03-06-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Shipstation Question?

Okay so my main preference for using stamps.com over shipstation is that when I go to print in bulk I can check 10 orders and name them Red for example, then check another 10 orders and name them green. And when they print , I will see the color choice right under the barcode. The feature is called presets.

Does shipstation have a feature like this? I literally use sharpie markers to write the order on each label.

Last edited by pirate1122; 03-06-2017 at 10:48 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Shipstation Question?

I have no idea what you are talking about or why you would do this but on shipststion each label comes with an invoice for the exact item sold. You can also have a picture of said item if you wanted.
Old 03-08-2017

Longevity: 42%

Settings -> Document Options -> Labels Document Options -> Label Messages

This is where you can have things print automatically with regards to an order on the bottom of the label. In my brief testing, it prints beneath the barcode on a 4x6 label in the white space. Looks like you'd have to put an identifier in the SKU or Product name. Or you can just do a batch of green with a batch summary page to mark the separation when you switch to 'red',etc.
Old 03-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

If you set skus in your listing shipstation will automatically print those skus on the bottom of your label. Forget where in the settings exactly, but it is there.
Old 05-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Finally figured it out. Baggadonuts helped a lot.

HOw to set presets in shipstation like Stamps.com
Presets used to add differet custom messages to multiple shipping labels

Follow his steps and then go to the label message area and choose custom field 1 as Message # 1 ( I chose custom field 2 for message # 2 and so on).

Now go back to your order page , choose one order and go to notes and click the blue linked " None" next to custom field. Type in what you want to display on the label.

Now if you want to do it for a large amount of labels, select several and click the drop down where it says other actions (look above the list of order, youll see several blue links and right above those youll see several drop downs. the second to last is other actions)

choose apply bulk action. click the first drop down list under Apply the following action. scroll down and find set custom field. Type whatever you want your done.

Now it works just like stamps.com presets which are beautiful.
This helped me so much, i hope it helps someone else.

Last edited by pirate1122; 05-06-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts View Post
Settings -> Document Options -> Labels Document Options -> Label Messages

This is where you can have things print automatically with regards to an order on the bottom of the label. In my brief testing, it prints beneath the barcode on a 4x6 label in the white space. Looks like you'd have to put an identifier in the SKU or Product name. Or you can just do a batch of green with a batch summary page to mark the separation when you switch to 'red',etc.
Your steps helped a lot in figuring exactly how to do what I wanted. So thank you very much.
Old 05-11-2017

Longevity: 40%

I have shipstation which i use for all my stores and websites. Ive never used it for ebay until today when shipping stuff for a stealth account. I see that it transmits the tracking information to ebay but when i look at the paypal transaction it doesnt show the tracking there.

Do i have to manual input these all into paypal. Typically this account doesnt have a hold on transactions as its not a new account but old account a friend is no longer using? The payment that i received yesterday all had no hold as i printed those labels threw ebay.....Today i printed all them threw shipstation and they all have a hold on them.
Old 05-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRock View Post
I have shipstation which i use for all my stores and websites. Ive never used it for ebay until today when shipping stuff for a stealth account. I see that it transmits the tracking information to ebay but when i look at the paypal transaction it doesnt show the tracking there.

Do i have to manual input these all into paypal. Typically this account doesnt have a hold on transactions as its not a new account but old account a friend is no longer using? The payment that i received yesterday all had no hold as i printed those labels threw ebay.....Today i printed all them threw shipstation and they all have a hold on them.
Shipstation has always uploaded tracking to PayPal without a problem... strange it did not do the same for you
Old 05-17-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Shipstation has always uploaded tracking to PayPal without a problem... strange it did not do the same for you
Your completely right. I only happens when they update their servers though. even when you close out a day. There can be some shipments that arent updated till they update their servers. Its all worked now and shipstation perfectly intergrates with both ebay and paypal. I was just bugging!
Old 10-01-2017

Longevity: 44%

Hi,

I have 3 stealth accounts. If I have one Ship Station account, and as I have read in the forums, it's advised that IP Address for SS and Ebay be the same...is this JUST when uploading shipping info from Ebay? I can use different IP addresses for different accounts with SS, as long as the SS and Ebay account I am sending from match the account I'm sending from?

I hope I'm asking this in a way that makes sense.
Old 10-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioressone View Post
I can use different IP addresses for different accounts with SS, as long as the SS and Ebay account I am sending from match the account I'm sending from?
Makes sense and sounds right.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Warrioressone (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Makes sense and sounds right.
Thanks, trying to make sure I have everything straight.
Old 10-01-2017

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioressone View Post
Hi,

I have 3 stealth accounts. If I have one Ship Station account, and as I have read in the forums, it's advised that IP Address for SS and Ebay be the same...is this JUST when uploading shipping info from Ebay? I can use different IP addresses for different accounts with SS, as long as the SS and Ebay account I am sending from match the account I'm sending from?
The only time you have to worry about IP using shipstation is when you connect your ebay account to shipstation because when you click the connect button on the connect your ebay account page of shipstation it sends you to ebay and logs you in.

After the initial set up you can use any ip you want with shipstation and not worry about ebay.

When you upload shipping info from ebay to shipstation it uses shipstations servers so your ip is not exposed. You can click the update all stores function and upload shipping info from an unlimited number of accounts at once from one IP without linking accounts.

The only thing I worry about is if you always use the "update all stores" there is a time stamp and all accounts will show updating at the same time. To solve this when I get a email that a item sold I use the shipstation app on my phone to update the account I sold the item on. That way all the times arent the same every time.

Last edited by nate; 10-01-2017 at 03:54 PM.