eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   What does customs status updated mean? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/108033-what-does-customs-status-updated-mean.html)

Myusernamewasnotavailable 06-08-2017 03:43 PM

What does customs status updated mean?

My package was pending clearance for over 2 weeks. It kept saying clearance event every other day. Today it updated and says "customs status updated" any experience with this?

What does customs status updated mean?

mikestore84 06-19-2017 11:02 AM

Re: What does customs status updated mean?

I think that means it just went through customs or it is going through and being processed. Mine said the same thing and it wasn't seized.

phaz0rz 06-19-2017 02:04 PM

"customs status updated" usually means the shipment has been given a release by customs and it will proceed to the delivery facility.

Every single shipment we get in will say "customs status updated" as they come in the USA. We've never had a shipment held or inspected by customs though. I suppose it's possible this type of update could mean something different after a customs inspection like you've described, but I doubt it. Chances are the shipment has been given a release by customs.

Jefferson1701 10-18-2018 08:40 AM

Sorry not sure if immposting in correct spot but I have a dhl package that says the shipment is pending completion of customs inspection well here is what it looks like
Estimated Delivery:
Friday, October 19, 2018
By End of Day
1 Piece
Further Detail:
The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection.
Next Step:
The status will be updated following customs inspection. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary.
Is this every single package usually or not or does this mean it was pulled and there going to inspect it and I will be notified ?
Sorry hope this is right spot to ask this to the senior member who was replying on this :(

phaz0rz 10-18-2018 08:41 AM

Your shipment was chosen for inspection, that's all. It will either proceed to delivery or you will get a letter from customs telling you why it didn't proceed to delivery.

Jefferson1701 10-18-2018 08:42 AM

Also being it’s suppose to arrive by tomorrow it shows it got there at 2 am how long does it usually take to see it was cleared , I figured if it shows arrived there 2am amd now it’s almost 10 am but all new to me

Jefferson1701 10-18-2018 08:44 AM

Ok so it was pulled for a customs check then so if it’s suppose to be here and I see no updates today then it’s not coming ? Sorry again u seem to know so much amd I know so little

phaz0rz 10-18-2018 08:45 AM

It takes several days for them to actually open and inspect the shipment. It's most likely sitting on a pallet in a warehouse currently.

You will almost certainly not be receiving the shipment on time, I'm afraid.

Last time I had one inspected it delayed the shipment by about a week.

Jefferson1701 10-18-2018 08:48 AM

Ok so I ordered it express dhl and was arriving tomoorw so it means my perticukar package was pulled for some reason to be inspected ? Is this every package or mine was randomly pulled ? So I will not see an update anytime soon even know it’s suppose to arrive tomoorw u prob want to strangle me lol I’m so sorry

Jefferson1701 10-18-2018 09:04 AM

Sorry I reread your reply’s and u explained very well it was chosen for some reason and now it’s awaiting inspection so it basically means the package will be opened and inspected and my time frame of delivery doesn’t matter anymore at this point because it was pulled by customs Hope I have that right lol

phaz0rz 10-18-2018 09:05 AM

Nah, you're good. I get it - stressful situation for you I'm sure.

This doesn't happen to every shipment. For some reason or another yours was chosen for inspection. They may have seen something suspicious on the X-ray, your supplier could've forgotten to include an invoice (or it may have fallen off in transit), or any other number of things could have happened. Regardless, they're inspecting it.

phaz0rz 10-18-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jefferson1701 (Post 950765)
Sorry I reread your reply’s and u explained very well it was chosen for some reason and now it’s awaiting inspection so it basically means the package will be opened and inspected and my time frame of delivery doesn’t matter anymore at this point because it was pulled by customs Hope I have that right lol

That's exactly right.

Customs takes their sweet slow time. Probably because of the massive amount of stuff that comes into USA.

Jefferson1701 10-19-2018 12:26 AM

Update question ,
Now it says
Line 10 clearance event And then next line 11
Processed for clearance cin Hub

So does this mean it got out of customs ? And I may still get it tomoorw ?

dealagreeproceed 10-19-2018 05:11 AM

sounds like its on its way to you now...

how big was the package?

you shouldnt check the tracking every day lol you ll go crazy... chill...:shocked:

Jefferson1701 10-19-2018 10:11 AM

Waybill:
Clearance event
Friday, October 19, 2018 at 04:45
Origin Service Area:
ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - HANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC
Estimated Delivery:
Friday, October 19, 2018
By End of Day
1 Piece
Further Detail:
Next Step:
Destination Service Area:
FORT MYERS, FL - VENICE - USA
Friday, October 19, 2018 Location Time Piece
11 Clearance event CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 04:45
1 Piece
10 Processed for clearance at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 00:28
1 Piece
Thursday, October 18, 2018 Location Time Piece
9 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 23:14
1 Piece
8 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 02:09
7 Departed Facility in EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 02:00
1 Piece
6 Processed at EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 01:40
1 Piece
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 Location Time Piece
5 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 23:32
1 Piece
4 Clearance processing complete at EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:57
3 Departed Facility in ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:25
1 Piece
2 Processed at ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:20
1 Piece
1 Shipment picked up ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 15:50
1 Piece

It’s strange because it last said processed for clearance then woke up and now it’s reversed to clearance event again and a customs thing again

And I signed up for texts they say it differently !!!
Processed for clearance and I thought ok it’s out of customs now and then the last two texts say clearance delay !!!! But as u can see above it says clearance event !!!!

SaiJin 10-19-2018 10:30 AM

Wait it out for a day. This is normal.

phaz0rz 10-19-2018 10:42 AM

Shipments tend to have issues like this when they ship DHL directly from China..

Jefferson1701 10-19-2018 01:30 PM

Everyone’s telling me oh it’s seized when ever I see that on my tracking it just keeps saying the same thing amd it never changes ! :( , it wasn’t drugs or anything crazy at all ! It was actually sent from someone in my club knows and he sends to her all the time and it’s fine but she also has never seen this either ! But you all say this is totally normal to see ? But it is in customs I just figured it would have said something by now if they are keeping it ?

phaz0rz 10-19-2018 01:33 PM

I was trying to explain it to you yesterday... customs isn't going to tell you jack sh!t as they do their thing. If they DO end up seizing the shipment you'll get a letter in about a week explaining why. If they release it your tracking number will start showing normal updates as the shipment proceeds to delivery. BUT, either way, you shouldn't expect customs to be done with it already. Customs delays take a few days to work out, at the very least.

When there's a custom seizure the DHL tracking results will say "Please contact DHL", so I don't think your shipment has been seized at least at this point.

Is this a vaporizer? Or anything with embedded batteries?

dealagreeproceed 10-20-2018 04:41 AM

f@g ignores my question... have fun goin crazy!!!:laugh::smash::smash:

mikestore84 10-21-2018 07:44 AM

If your tracking number says Custom Event that mean your package going to inspection by customs and if there is anything ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or illegal then they will seized your package and will send you a letter explain why they seized your package.
What was your order any brand or drugs ?

phaz0rz 10-21-2018 07:46 AM

They haven't returned since my last reply, but they've already said it wasn't drugs or anything illegal.

Seeing how the guy mentioned his "club" and "group-buys" are really common in the e-cig community, I'm thinking it was something in that category. I could be wrong.. We may never know.