eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   DHL...what are the odds of this happening? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/116258-dhl-what-odds-happening.html)

iamlmfao 03-26-2018 11:08 AM

DHL...what are the odds of this happening?

So basically my DHL package was out for delivery Friday. I guess the courier didn't feel like delivering it to me and said there was a problem with the address which was a TOTAL LIE. Anyways this happened:

https://ibb.co/doZXAS

what are the odds that over the weekend customs took it after being out for delivery on Friday? I am so mad right now.....

iamlmfao 03-26-2018 11:36 AM

Re: DHL...what are the odds of this happening?

DHL called me and said customs took it over the weekend.

ebaystealth1974 03-26-2018 11:43 AM

Customs took it back from DHL after they already had it?

iamlmfao 03-26-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 910171)
Customs took it back from DHL after they already had it?

That is 100% correct. fvck them

gamisou 03-27-2018 05:44 AM

it happens. :(

13obby 03-27-2018 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 910169)
DHL called me and said customs took it over the weekend.

Sad to hear, have you asked them what the issue is?

chas2012 03-27-2018 06:28 AM

The clearance event just may be them asking for updated address info it’s happeneded before like that but for ups

phaz0rz 03-27-2018 07:17 AM

Maybe your DHL driver sent it back to customs. :(

dallis 03-27-2018 07:47 AM

This is very hard to imagine. What exactly was in this box?

phaz0rz 03-27-2018 07:54 AM

Ad hoc inspections aren't unheard of and DHL can send something back even if they rarely do.

What confuses me is iamlmfao has like 1mil+ feedback so he's getting stuff all the time. Wonder what went wrong this time.

Maybe the invoice fell out in transit so they opened the shipment looking for info, and bam back to customs.

iamlmfao 03-29-2018 10:23 PM

Ok 3 days later they released it from customs...it arrived with a CUSTOMS INSPECTED note on it.

I deal with DHL all the time...this has NEVER happened. Out for delivery then sent back. BS

for all you DHL shippers legit or not legit. This is what you need to know.

DHL WORKS WITH CUSTOMS!!!!!! IF THE DRIVER OR ANY OTHER DHL EMPLOYEE DOESN'T LIKE YOU OR YOU BOTHER THEM THEY WILL GIVE IT TO CUSTOMS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BORED and THEY THINK ITS SUSPICIOUS YOU BOTHERING THEM.

NOW the best way to avoid the BS specially if your shipping from China. Is to only ship it on a Sunday night. That means it will arrive on a Tuesday US time. Reason for this is because ALMOST ALL DHL LOCATIONS have a one or two customs AGENTS WHO WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK. IF your stuff sits in a warehouse over the weekend odds are it will show clearance event.

Customs agents will literally just be walking around the warehouse picking and choosing. NOW if your importing non legit stuff and for some reason it says address information needed or nobody home to accept it AND ITS A FRIDAY. YOU BETTER RUN TO THE DHL LOCATION AND WAIT FOR YOUR DRIVER or odds are it will 100% be seized over the weekend.

So you see your tracking and think if its released from Cincinnati customs your good. WRONG! think twice if you live in a bigger city. Say you live in Chicago. Well odds are your stuff is going to the DHL hub thru cinci first then another customs agent walking around in Chicago.

So best is to ship on Sunday nights from China.

Good luck guys! I recommend EMS to be honest but im just too impatient to wait 4 more days. LOL

iamlmfao 03-29-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 910329)
Ad hoc inspections aren't unheard of and DHL can send something back even if they rarely do.

What confuses me is iamlmfao has like 1mil+ feedback so he's getting stuff all the time. Wonder what went wrong this time.

Maybe the invoice fell out in transit so they opened the shipment looking for info, and bam back to customs.

interesting you say that...when it arrived there was no invoice....

jakobrockz 03-30-2018 11:09 AM

I've only gotten one thing seized from DHL over the course of 6 years and the last 3 years I receive a package probably once a week. Just don't get sent sketchy things, or at least split them up into smaller packages throughout a few weeks not just one big pack of sketchy items. :nono:

dallis 03-30-2018 11:30 AM

I guess the courier didn't feel like delivering it to me

Somehow, I'm seriously doubting that's the case.

I have stuff delivered by DHL all the time and I've never had a problem like this, but I never under-declare the value or bring in foo foos.

I've always been told the customs guys are independent contractors who get paid based on value upcharges... In that case they're most likely to focus on large shipments from shippers known for under-declared value where they'll get the maximum return for their effort, and throw in a few smaller things so they can pretend they're being thorough.

Yasav 03-31-2018 12:21 AM

iamlmfao,

How do you get DHL from HK to US in 3 days? Mine takes around 7 days to come.

kirkland 03-31-2018 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasav (Post 911042)
iamlmfao,

Thats pretty standard tbh. Never had anything more than 3

dallis 03-31-2018 01:27 PM

There's a couple of different DHL services, DHL Direct is the faster of the two, I believe, the other takes a week to ten days. Oddly, Direct is usually cheaper.

Mine usually take three days also, unless it's over a weekend.

iamlmfao 04-01-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasav (Post 911042)
iamlmfao,

Guess it depends where you live. Any Major City you should get it in 3 days.

phaz0rz 04-01-2018 08:19 AM

All our stuff comes "DHL Express Worldwide" and takes 2-3 days HK->US, and we're hundreds of miles from the nearest major city.

I think it has a lot to do with which port your stuff comes through. Some are faster than others.

iamlmfao 04-01-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 911219)
All our stuff comes "DHL Express Worldwide" and takes 2-3 days HK->US, and we're hundreds of miles from the nearest major city.

I think it has a lot to do with which port your stuff comes through. Some are faster than others.

Not true. I use to live in a place where there was no DHL, so they forwarded it with USPS

HurricaneHuntr 04-20-2018 09:27 PM

Don't receive trademarked products and you'll almost never have an issue unless it's just an overzealous agent. If it doesn't have a UPC, usually they let it go no issues.