eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   EMS/USPS tracking issue (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/129259-ems-usps-tracking-issue.html)

BamaBlue65 08-27-2019 07:33 PM

EMS/USPS tracking issue

Ok, here's one for everybody.
So...I have a parcel that came from Mumbai, India. When it first arrived in New York, NY, the very first update is saying "Inbound into Customs" (1:15pm 08/19/19), the next, and present update is saying, "Your item has processed through our ISC New York, Ny facility (1:15pm 08/19/19) It has now been 7 days at this status without an update. 1/2 people here say Customs comes first. The other half is saying ISC comes first. Can anyone, by experience, tell me what steps their parcels have taken, on the EMS cargo plane arrives in New York, NY?? Really confused now.
Thank you beforehand for your responses.

*Note the same time on both updates*

rsot 08-27-2019 09:39 PM

Re: EMS/USPS tracking issue

Seems related to your previous post:

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shippi...erce-site.html

Did that get solved?

BamaBlue65 08-28-2019 11:17 AM

Yes, the previous post on 5/11/19 package through DHL was finally delivered. This one is through EMS. Now in the 8th day without new updates

yankee 08-28-2019 11:20 AM

happens all the time. those scan bars dont scan easily. Many mail carriers dont know how to scan them. They must be scanned my a hand unit also.

Odds are it will just show up... maybe or maybe not show delivery.

BamaBlue65 08-28-2019 01:06 PM

Thanks yankee. Yes, I've been reading alot of post, and comments on here and other sites saying that about the not getting scanned, and the package may just show up at my house, out of the blue..
From your experiences, which has most came first in the tracking, and just how the process goes at the New York-JFK airport, the ISC sorting facility, or Customs inspections?

Kajunrook 08-28-2019 05:41 PM

Well prolly opened the package and are wondering what medications those are. Mumbai, LOL, drug capitol of the world.

BamaBlue65 08-28-2019 08:10 PM

Vitamin supplements.. :pound:

SaiJin 08-28-2019 08:31 PM

The next scan should have been “cleared custom”. 7 days of no activity usually means they seized it.

But there’s still a chance it might show up.

rsot 08-28-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaBlue65 (Post 1030284)
Vitamin supplements.. :pound:

Wow - well time to just wait it out

BamaBlue65 08-30-2019 02:52 PM

10:06am 08/30/19: Your item has cleared United States Customs
Inbound out of Customs..
10:11am 08/30/19:
Your item arrived at our USPS Jamaica, NY International Distribution Center on August 30, 2019 10:11am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.. :hail:
Well, it had been somewhere between ISC New York, and Customs for the last 11 days. Now in transit to my local PO I presume, n out for delivery.
Someone told me, if its been over seven days, usually Customs has it n it's a goner,..not! Someone also said to have patience, it still may show up.. Officially I'm still not signing for it yet, but things sure are looking on the up and up presently
I will update again when, I mean if, I've signed for the package, and it's in my hands.
Thanks everyone who gave insight on this post . Have a great weekend ahead, and a relaxing Labor Day! :yar:

agent006140 08-30-2019 05:43 PM

I have some prescription drug coming from MEXICO EMS,it took 27 days,US customs has a huge backlog.

agent006140 08-30-2019 05:47 PM

If you want it faster ,then do not use EMS which is handled by the post office.
Use private carriers like Fed Exp or UPS,their broker gets a listing of what is coming and prepare the customs from before the plane lands at the airport.
When the shipments are unloaded from the plane,they just pair them with the customs form and take them thru customs .

BamaBlue65 08-31-2019 03:56 PM

Actually, EMS was fairly quick getting my items from Mumbai/Bombay shipping facility to the hands of USPS in New York, NY. The 11 days that it stayed between ISC, n Customs is what I dont understand I've come to the conclusion that every import, and export that comes in, and out, the tracking updates will be different, even if the process will be the same. So really no need to inquire on here, which comes first?, has my package cleared Customs yet? etc., as probably the tracking you're looking at will be different with every package :smash: lol. My first update as EMS cargo plane handed off my package was, "Inbound into Customs", followed by "Your item has processed through our ISC sorting facility", followed by "Inbound out of Customs" followed by "Processed through our USPS distribution facility Jamaica, NY", and now lastly, as of 6:42am this morning "Your item arrived at our USPS Regional facility, Birmingham, AL - Your item is in transit to its destination"..
As it got here a little late to be processed, and go out for this mornings delivery :faint: *Again, thanks to everyone who responded to my post, and good luck to you on sending, or receiving packages via USPS, as their updates on current tracking statuses are whack!!! *Calmly take one 10mg Valium before viewing tracking statuses* Peace!

yankee 09-05-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaBlue65 (Post 1030894)
Actually, EMS was fairly quick getting my items from Mumbai/Bombay shipping facility to the hands of USPS in New York, NY. The 11 days that it stayed between ISC, n Customs is what I dont understand I've come to the conclusion that every import, and export that comes in, and out, the tracking updates will be different, even if the process will be the same. So really no need to inquire on here, which comes first?, has my package cleared Customs yet? etc., as probably the tracking you're looking at will be different with every package :smash: lol. My first update as EMS cargo plane handed off my package was, "Inbound into Customs", followed by "Your item has processed through our ISC sorting facility", followed by "Inbound out of Customs" followed by "Processed through our USPS distribution facility Jamaica, NY", and now lastly, as of 6:42am this morning "Your item arrived at our USPS Regional facility, Birmingham, AL - Your item is in transit to its destination"..
As it got here a little late to be processed, and go out for this mornings delivery :faint: *Again, thanks to everyone who responded to my post, and good luck to you on sending, or receiving packages via USPS, as their updates on current tracking statuses are whack!!! *Calmly take one 10mg Valium before viewing tracking statuses* Peace!

Rick, is your name Rick?

BamaBlue65 09-08-2019 07:04 AM

No sir, not Rick..

rsot 09-08-2019 08:40 AM

Congratz on getting the package Bama

BamaBlue65 09-08-2019 04:26 PM

Much obliged rsot.. 👍

Therealrenodaret 09-09-2019 02:30 AM

Was this really "vitamins" pm me lol

BamaBlue65 09-09-2019 12:40 PM

It is saying that I cannot PM somebody until I have at least 20 or 25 post in the forum or other forums so what is it you need to know? @ Therealrenodaret